Bill Caseys Surgery

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Bill Caseys Surgery

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    bossguy
        gramdog1
        Participant

Hey Bill,thought you would be out of “stir” by now. Let us know when you are home and I will come and visit, the Cape ain’t too far.
            Know about “leak down tests”-got a new Rastafarian proctologist–calls himself Pokemon 😆
            Ron

maso
            Participant
                quote Gramdog1:

Hey Bill,thought… Know about “leak down tests”-got a new Rastafarian proctologist–calls himself Pokemon 😆
                Ron

Ha…!!!

😆

I grew up with Ronald Rickman’s humor… that is a typical example of it right there.

hvy70ss
                Participant

Bill,
                    Best wishes for a super fast recovery. We need the “pumpkin” this Fall at the Island race!!

Bob Smith

dino
                    Keymaster

The Latest From “Brother Bob” ….Sent 1:30 am , last Night !

Dino and Guys,

Once again I apologize for not keeping up on Billy’s progress. Maybe its because I was waiting for some decent news. It’s 1:AM and I just got home from Boston.
                        If I am frustrated – and if Donna is frustrated, just imagine how Billy is feeling. It’s coming up on 3 weeks now and we all want out of that hospital so bad. It’s a wonderful place – the best in the land – the best staff – the best facilities – but still, its time to go home.
                        The way I see it, the surgeon ‘dropped’ a stitch on the initial operation, and because of that Bill sprung a leak. He went back into surgery. They placed a stent in his throat. After a few days when the leak did not stop, they discovered that the stent they put in was too small. They were going to place a balloon into the stent to stretch it, but instead, they decided to remove stent #! and put in a larger stent #2. That was last Thursday.

The leak “seems” to have stopped. This morning Bill was given a ‘liquid test’ (drink Barium and take a moving X-Ray pics). The nurses said that the he passed the test and there was no leak. Even though this test was administered at 8:30 this morning, by 9:PM tonight, the doctor still hadn’t shown up to give the order to remove that horrible drain tube that goes down Billy’s throat via the nose. Trust me guy —-the pain is not nice.

He’s feeling a little down due to the length of time he’s been in bed. He ‘s needs to build up his strength again and the longer he stays bed ridden, the weaker he feels. His greatest fear is that he will come down with something sickly before they release him.

All the doctor keeps saying is; “one day at a time”. My greatest fear is that if he says that one more time, Billy is going to put his lights out. And Donna is gearing up to extend a little Italian ‘disrespect’.

That’s it to the minute. Stand Back Boston!!

Thanks for all your love and concern. It means so much to Bill.
                        Bobby

maso
                        Participant

I called him yesterday at his hospital room: (617) 732-5500 and we talked.

His voice sounds strong and he is up and walking. That “Hose in his Nose” he says is driving him a little crazy. His brother was there. We only talked for a short time. He expects to be home in less than a week and there is another hospital facility right down the street from where he lives if he needs it.

dino
                            Keymaster

This is great communication…I’m able to relay Info to Kevin Dunn as we get it. Kevin HAS to get a computer..

dino
                                Keymaster

Good News From BOB……..just recieved:

Dino and Friends,

Good news is beginning to flow once again. They removed the drainage tube from Bill’s throat once again and he was started on very light clear liquids (Apple Juice, flavored ice etc). He is feeling better today and his hopes are building.With the tube out, he is breathing better and there are no leaks.

Sister Judy will be up there with him today. This is where he was a week ago when he sprang a leak again. I suggested oatmeal in the radiator. If all goes well, he will be tested again tomorrow. If that proves good, then hopefully it will be clear sailing on to Rhode Island.

Prayers and good Karma are in order here.
                                    Thanks for your support.
                                    Bobby

bobby-s

Billy
                                        GREAT to here thing are getting better,
                                        Andy Kinash say Hi & see ya on the 18th at island, 😎

NETO was at Numidia this weekend I put two pictures of fellow
                                        Dover racers here for you to enjoy,
                                        Cklem LaChance & Pat Hennebery, 😯
                                        that’s Pat original ’68 from Dover, 😮
                                        Clem’s still going at 78 years young. 😳

All the NETO gang say’s Hi & Get Well,. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Bobby S.

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

In from Bob…Last night 10:30:

Dino and Guys,
                                            Not a ‘setback’ – just a ‘HOLD’. The nose tube is still out and drainage catcher is dry. (very good). However, the Super Doc wants Bill to HOLD on the clear liquids a little longer until he is present tomorrow morning.(TODAY) The longer he waits, the better the chance of tissue bonding naturally.
                                            Time is the cure and Time is the enemy. Super Doc wants everything to go just right this time. Billy wants out of the hospital as soon as possible. This is no time for Bill to foul out. We are still hoping for a release this week.

Our best to you all,
                                            Bobby

dino
                                            Keymaster

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THIS TOPIC IS DONE!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                                                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

…………………………….See Chapter 2 . . .”CASEY ESCAPES”……………………………………………………….

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.