Bill Caseys Surgery

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Bill Caseys Surgery

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant
        quote masracingtd1167:

Hey Bill…

… Just do as your told and BEHAVE!!!

Oh… now… 😕

Don’t you think that’s just asking a little too much…?!

robert

Hey Bill,
            Just heard about your surgery today. I’ve been off-line for awhile…moving to a new place. Sounds like you’re doing great.
            Good luck on a speedy recover…Upstairs Bob.

dino
            Keymaster

Gasser Pits Update

Hey Dino and all, (end of Day 4)
                Billy continues to improve at a steady rate. He walked the 1/4 mile four times today. I asked if that put him in the finals. He said; “No. It means that I’m in the eliminations with parts still on the car” and then laughed.
                Breathing has become stronger, lungs are clearing of fluid, and the nurses are pulling discontinued tubes and hoses out of him a six-pack at a time. The Main Doc stopped by today and said “He’s right on track”. Monday, they will test out the repaired plumbing by giving him liquids by mouth. If there is no leaks, it’ll be smooth sailing the rest of the way.
                It is still going to be one hell of a recovery that will take some time but Bill is determined to make it to Jersey — and beyond. God, that sounded lame, didn’t it? LOL!
                Thanks again for the good wishes. Billy reread everyone of them privately this morning. It’s pure ether in the carburetor.
                Regards to all,
                Bob Casey

maso
                Participant

Just the fact that he was talking to his brother on the telephone at 4:30 on the day of his surgery really speaks volumes…

He was up and walking on Thursday.

It’s all very encouraging.

vbob
                    Participant

HEY

Billy,
                        Looks like I’ll have to break into the ole Army footlocker and take a ride to R.I.!!!
                        I’ll get Dunn and a couple others to check on the docs engine work !!!
                        Keep up the good job Super Squash,get you up on that bar stool before ya know it !!

‘V’

bossguy

Wow Speed, you’re settin low ET. The Doc musta used Ford Parts!! 😆 😆

dino
                            Keymaster

oh no NOT the footlocker…Strange south east asian pharmacuticals furmenting since the sixties 😯 Bio hazard …look what the fresh stuff did to him…this aged in box stuff not been tested .

anonymous

Morning Bill
                                    thought I’d wake ya and say hi
                                    keep the good news coming…I’m sure it will
                                    sent you a message the old school way (US Postal Service)
                                    hope you receive it
                                    diesel is running…gotta go…have a good day Bill

dino
                                    Keymaster

Latest from “Brother Bob’…..:

Dino and Guys,
                                        Bill is progressing well. Everything is go for a Thursday release. He is having a bit of a problem with a lot of mucus and congestion. He’s had a sinus problem since he was 2 years old…. and there can be the potential of pneumonia. Thus, it seems to be the only loose cannon on the deck.
                                        The mail showed up today with cards and Dino’s large envelope. Billy immediately opened it all the way. He was smiling like a — like a pumpkin on Halloween. 😀 He folded it back up very carefully and instructed me to carefully place it back in the envelope and asked Donna to hold on to it. The cards went on the window sill.

Regards to all,
                                        Bob Casey

PS: Dino, a PC in his room at this time would be somewhat cumbersome. There still is a traffic jam of cables and a few hoses around the area. He sleeps at every available moment. As many of you know, you don’t go to a hospital for sleep.

………..he’ll be back home for weekend it looks like…. with Donna, maybe, at the Keyboard for him !….

dino
                                        Keymaster

WED. 5/20/09 Gas pits Report:

Hey Dino and guys,
                                            Bill jumped a major hurdle today and the docs voted to remove both drainage tubes. All he has attached to him now is heart and lung monitoring, a little nose oxygen, and a small liquid feeding tube (which he’ll probably be on for a couple of weeks after he is home).
                                            Everything else is set for go, come Thursday. Tonight will tell. He’s really biting at the bit to get out and get home. He’s has quite a fan club with the nurses (duh) and they are all pushing him to do his best for the doctor’s reports. He did 3 – 1/4 mile walks today with 2 victory laps.
                                            Hopefully, tomorrow night will be my last report to you guys.

Regards to all,
                                            Bob Casey

john-sachs-sr
                                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
                                                Great news ❗ ❗ ❗
                                                John

hvy70ss
                                                Participant

Great news with Bill’s progress!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Sorry for the delay as I was away for about 2 weeks. Keep up those 1/4 mile hallway passes!!

Bob Smith

dino
                                                    Keymaster

No News Today…Will get it posted when-ever I get it

maso
                                                        Participant
                                                            quote dinotheweirdo:

No News Today…Will get it posted when-ever I get it

I think he was supposed to leave the Boston hospital today and he may be on his way back to Rhode Island.

Afterthought: June 2, 2009— Well, I guess not…!

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Just “retrived” this (Being Home) from my Mail Server : Sent late last night………

Dino and Guys,

Sorry for the delay my correspondence with you.

Bill had a bit of a setback on Thursday. He was gearing up for a release, then on Wednesday night, one of the drainage catchers began to show more liquid than earlier. On Thursday morning an X-Ray showed a leak near one of the stitches and he was rushed back into surgery. They placed a large flexible ‘stent’ in his throat which will allow the healing process to excel. Hopefully he should be ready to leave by Tuesday – Wednesday at the latest, we hope. Right now he is feeling great and can speak clearly.

In other words, he blew a gasket on the intake manifold. They re-bored the cylinder and added a new ring. They will put him on the Dymo on Tuesday.

It’s been a very long week indeed for all of us, yet with Billy’s strong constitution, he is doing damn well both mentally and psychologically.
                                                                Regards to all,
                                                                Bob Casey

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.