BRIAN M. Scores ! Found …Billy Milano’s B/G Mustang

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR BRIAN M. Scores ! Found …Billy Milano’s B/G Mustang

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

…He says he found it near his house ! Kingston.N.Y. and the guy Won’t sell it…Fill us in on the Arrow parts sponsored 427 chevy powered ‘stang B/G….has engine.

Attachments:

billy-casey

I remember that car .. I was racing my 57 chevy at that time..smart man,he knew how to make a ford fast 😆 😆

storm-king

Nah…he just liked to work on them more than he liked to drive them! 😆

masracingtd1167
                Participant

What a shame it is to see a car like that just rotting away . The worst part about it is who ever owns it will never do any thing with it. What a waste.

vbob
                    Participant

Sure looks like it’s been sitting for many racing seasons composting back to the earth!!

bossguy

To Bill Casey, watch yourself there “Speed”. I read these thing too!
                            Do you have a website for the car you’re wrenching on now? Is that the one you had with Dr. Bob? Jack Karl

dino
                            Keymaster

Ok get out the Geritol : “Brian Scores” means Brain ‘scored’ a find…our Brian M. Not the name of the guy that built/ran it .Who was he …waiting for that answer from our guys. Next, Look at the photo..It did run B/Gas and was sponsored by Arrow auto parts in the Kingston area.

maso
                                Participant

Okay, so…

Brian M. “scored” a find in the woods somewhere but we don’t seem to remember the name of the guy who ran B/G in a car that looks at first like it should run in the Modified Production class untill you realize that it has a big block Chevy in there. Although those heafty looking traction bars do give something away don’t they. Pass the Geratol…

It’s just that you expect to see a 40-41 Willy’s coupe or a ’37 Stovebolt in B/G… but hay why not…??? This is what makes Hot Rodding so interesting.

How well did he do in B/G…? It looks like he might have driven it on the street too. I’d be very proud to have and drive a car like that. It should be recovered and restored by someone who cares. I hope that happens.

I’m just trying to get a handle on what the origional owner was about when he set this car up.

Was “Arrow Auto Parts” trying to promote the idea that they could supply some very unusuial motor mounts…??? That’s a joke of course, I do love the way that hot rodders find ways to adapt parts to fit in special situations.

Look at it there… it’s even got the origional wheels…! Looks like a good project for Billy Casey.

billy-casey

back then a mod prod car had to have a stock type suspension . theres no way you could put a big block chevy in that car with the stock spring and shock towers. note it has a staight axle in it so it had to run gas or altered.
                                        and also that would not be much of a project for me ,,I would run it the way it is 😆 😆 😆 maybe freshen the motor alittle 😈

anonymous

Hi,

That was a nice car. I just noticed in the photo you posted, im parked right next to him in the stagging lanes with my B/S ’66 Impala 427

patina
                                            Participant

Plain Busted I’m nearly positive that the B/S car behind the Mustang in the picture is a 66 Olds 442 Hdtp. I could be wrong but I’ve had a 66 Impala and a 66 442 and the nod goes to 442.

Pat

dino
                                                Keymaster

I guess the B/S stands for Bad/Sight 😆

maso
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote Billy Casey:

back then a mod prod car had to have a stock type suspension . theres no way you could put a big block chevy in that car with the stock spring and shock towers. note it has a staight axle in it so it had to run gas or altered.
                                                        and also that would not be much of a project for me ,,I would run it the way it is 😆 😆 😆 maybe freshen the motor alittle 😈

Oh yeah…

I didn’t pick up on the front axel. Do you remember the ’55 Chevy convertable in primer that my stoopid-ass brother drove around in back in the days when we were neighbors…??? He had the Ford front axel in it and drove it that way on the street.

billy-casey

but he would not be able to run mod. prod. with it 🙄

billy-casey

is that your brother Jack?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.