BRIAN M. Scores ! Found …Billy Milano’s B/G Mustang

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR BRIAN M. Scores ! Found …Billy Milano’s B/G Mustang

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

OK ….just got off the phone with Marty 4×4…seems we all got our info wrong. Marty saw the new posts here and hopped in his Hot Rod and went to see for himself.Troy Didn’t get the car back as he related he wanted to…the guy that bought it STILL has it …lot of : if that happens -this will happen but ‘that’ never happened. You followin me so far. Troy couldn’t get the car back ,cause he decided to build a new shop and sunk all his dough into that. The guy that bought it …kinda ran out of dough to finish it. Troy ‘might’ try to get it , but not right now….so the Mustang is stuck between chapters and nobody making a move….basically sitting , just like it was originally found…Someone ought to make the guy an offer and finish it as intended…a “Restored” Dover original BEFORE someone sweet talks the guy out of it and does something weird to it, that would ruin its historical heritage. If I could -I would. All the pieces are there -motor- body work hard stuff done…would hate to see it hacked up.

babycakes
        Participant

Dino,Marty (Four by Four) was kind enough to contact me by phone last night ‘detailing’ the ‘true’ status of Billy’s Mustang (as you have outlined). Marty,I can’t “THANK YOU” enough for a complete update. Hopefully,it either goes back to Troy to finish,or like Dino said,sold to the ‘right’ party who will duplicate the way Billy originally had it.Again… thanks Marty 🙂 Pete.

dino
            Keymaster

New Owner just called… Latest Chapter is the car will be done by Chris Dimetro, Highland,N.Y. IT’s “BACK HOME’ in The Family …so to speak. Chris rescued it in May ,from the guy that bought it from Troy,and starting ‘parting’ it out. Chris grabbed it before he sold any more.Like the Engine was sold ,but Chris has a better and correct one anyway. He’s a car restorer,so it will be Correct. Now Back Home means a whole new twist on the story…Seems Chris’ dad James, helped his cousin Tony Dimetro race it ,Tony Bought the car from Milano! Tony took off the ‘Arrow’ Auto Parts ,and put his name on it .Chris has photos of it like that at Dover. So it’s back in the family…..back in the town it started out in….will be completed ‘period correct’, but not in time for the Nostalgia drags.Chris says Still a lot of work to do.The Interior is all redone -Troy did that.Chris is going to keep me posted and send some photos.

babycakes
                Participant

Dino,that’s ‘GREAT’ news!!! Thanks for the update.Billy was a very good friend of mine for years,sadly missed.Can’t wait to see it done.I know Marty ‘Four by Four’ will be happy to hear this news also! 😮 😀

dino
                    Keymaster

Chris sent me new found photos I’ll post and this note:
                        “Dino,
                        Thanks for the picture it is alot clearer like you said. The Picture is one of my favorites. Any other pictures would be a great help as this site has helped so far in saving and preserving this car. Would like copies of the 3 pictures of Billy and the car going down the track if possible. Brian supplied me with photos from Gallery when Billy raced at Dover. Pictures in email are from Galleries when Harold Berean had it BEFORE Billy transformed it. I am going to try to get you a better picture of the car coming from return lane at Lebanon Valley and current state.
                        Thank you for time.
                        Chris “

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Chris sent this Too…Billy Running it at Lebanon…..zoomed in original…Front plate says:” Oil Heats Best” ,and it has two ’69 win decals on the back side window….little camera flash on roof.

Attachments:

babycakes
                            Participant

Dino,if Chris or anybody else needs any ‘info’ on the Mustang,prior to Billy owning it, they can get the ‘history’ from Harold Berean,who lives in Highland N.Y. I worked with Harold at the Ford dealership,which Harold still works there as a car salesman, “ALL American Ford”,Kingston,N.Y. Tel no# (845) 338-7800.He knew Billy ‘very’ well,for years!!!

bm-stang

Babycakes – Thanks for info.

My father knows Harold Berean and he has talked to him. Bunch of my father’s friends along with himself knew Billy very well. Highland was a small town with alot of cool drag cars back then. My dad raced his 1969 L78 m22 Chevelle with Tony when he had the Mustang along with a bunch of friends. Tony use to flat tow the mustang with a 67 Hemi GTX.

The Mustang isn’t the only Dover car we have. My father still has his 70 chevelle 454 that he bought new and raced at Dover in early fall of 1971. He has told me stories of how they flat towed the chevelle to the track with a 61 6 cylinder station wagon Rambler up that monster hill going to Dover. He raced the chevelle with Gary Gulino. Both cars were 4spd 1970 Chevelle ss 454 cars that were black with white stripes. I have mostly pictures and 8mm of Lebanon Valley. My fathers car was a two time class winner at Dover and still has his trophies. My father’s car has never left Highland and is now all restored to stock. Does anybody have pictures of these cars at Dover?

As for the Mustang I have been collecting NOS and vintage racing parts to put this car back to its glory. All parts are period correct and being restored to show condition. Again this car is going to be put together back as Billy had it. Here are some pics of how I found it. If it wasn’t for my Uncle telling me about the where about of this car it would of been probably stripped even more and not seen again. The guy I bought it from is known for that as I found out later.

Will email Dino pictures of how we found car.

babycakes
                                    Participant

Bm Stang,thank you..for sharing some Highland History on drag racing,very interesting! I’m ‘really’ happy to hear your gonna ‘do it right’ putting Billy’s ole Mustang,close as possible the way Billy had it,and especially ‘greatfull ‘ you saved it from a close ‘disaster’!!! Once Billy gave up Arrow Auto Parts,and was semi-retired, he’d call me every once in a while and talk ole times.We bought alot of used parts from Billy (I still remember his phone no# 691-2903) at the Ford dealership (all quality-clean parts) engines and trans’es, always ‘low’ mileage.Right before he passed away,he came to the dealership to buy a car for his wife.He looked very weak and frail. After a year when I retired,Harold gave me a call and the bad news.I guess his step-son Anthony Lanzarone now has his All Automotive business right where Billy had ‘Arrow’. If you know Anthony,and run into him,tell him I said hi.we worked together at J/Ford a while back.I’m sure Billy is looking down now,with a ‘big’ smile on his face,seeing his Mustang resurrected,with many thanks to you and Troy. Can’t wait to see the latest photos you sent to Dino,thanks again.Pete.

dino
                                        Keymaster

The Latest From Chris on this ongoing Story…The Load in the El Camino is how he found all the parts scattered off the car…and how it is coming in his Garage

Attachments:

mikey

Real glad that the car is “saved”. It was a nice car, and hopefully, it will be just like it was years ago. Good luck, Chris, good job. Hey, if you ever need any parts for that El Camino, give us a call at M&M Speed and Custom. …………Mikey 😆

babycakes
                                                Participant

Chris, THANK YOU again,for rescuing and saving Bill’s ole Mustang! Billy was a good man,and a great friend to me.No question this car was part of the Dover heritage, and thanks to you it will be resurrected once again! No doubt,you’ve got your work cut out on this ambitious project.Appreciate you sharing the photos and update.Please keep us informed,as the assembly process goes along. :geek: 🙂 Pete.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Sad News…Brian Just called..He heard from his DJ friend at the Local Oldies Radio station That Harold Berean has passed away.He’s the Original owner of the Mustang…had it in White and Raced it before selling to Billy and the Gasser Version.Heres The Notice In the Poughkeepsie Paper:
                                                        http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/poughkeepsiejournal/obituary.aspx?n=harold-conn-berean&pid=163915961#fbLoggedOut

babycakes
                                                        Participant

I want to personally THANK Four by Four (Marty T.) for contacting me about a great loss,and a great friend, Harold Berean (THANK YOU MARTY). I worked with Harold for years at the Ford Dealership. One of the nicest,and friendliest guys you would ever known. A bit of a drag racer at Dover,and his love for Nascar racing also. May he rest in peace,he will be sadly missed! Pete.

lenny-rizzo

hello guys,, my name is Lenny Rizzo,, from highland N.y.,,,,, i went to school with harold berean,, and was a friend of billy milanos,,,,i ran at dover in the 60’s,,,i was the first to run harolds 65′ mustang just after he bought it , while it was white and only with a 283 chev. in it,, straight axle and side pipes,, it was very nice looking but ran and drove terrible,,after a few runs with it he decided to let billy work on it,, i dont know if billy bought it then or not but he did a beautiful job on it,, i never drove it after that,,,harold also had a new 65′ chevelle convertable, black in color,, i believe it was a 327, biggest horsepower you could get back then,,i drove it a few times at dover, then billy worked on it for harold,, i didnt get to drive it after that. my own car was a 58′ ford custom,, black with a 390 police intercepter motor,,ran good but i couldnt keep a tranny in it…also billy milano was working on a 55′ chev that he painted black,,,i never got to see it run or dont know what happened to it,,,he was very good at making race cars,,,, i miss him and harold they were great guys,, i also miss the good times at dover,,,,good luck in the future….lenny rizzo

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.