BRIAN M. Scores ! Found …Billy Milano’s B/G Mustang

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR BRIAN M. Scores ! Found …Billy Milano’s B/G Mustang

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    dover1320

It’s Brian Here….the Mustang was owned by Billy Milano and his brother they had Arrows salvage in Highland. Bill died last year. The last time that car ran Dover was 1970. The shock towers were removed and it was a 4spd it also still has 12 bolt chevy rear. I have video of it running at Dover too. Brian M.

storm-king-2

Sorry to hear about Billy Milano. Back around the end of 1968 I went looking for a body to hang all the original sheet metal from the “Black Arrow” on. I wanted to run in Super Stock, not altered. The heads up class we had been running at Conn. Dragway ( for-runner to Pro Stock) had ended. I went up to Arrow to see what they had. Up to that time I hadn’t met Billy. He knew me from Dover though, and fixed me up with a ’64’ Plymouth sedan. My brother Gary (16 at the time) and I spent 3 months changing it into a ’65’. All through this process Billy continued to help us round up missing bits and pieces. Can’t imagine what the project would have been without his help.

Just to clarify a point. It was never my intent to represent this car as the former “Black Arrow”, I just wanted to run S/S and I had all the right parts. In retrospect, it was a lot more original than the clones that are being run in S/S today. I raced it one season then sold it to Doc Burgess, who wanted his kids to know what the Arrow was like.

Bill Smrtic

dino
            Keymaster

Latest Report on THIS CAR…Brian just talked to the NEW owner at the Rhinebeck show. Brian was told it wasn’t for sale way back.But now ,looks like old owner changed his mind …Anyhow.. the New owner Thankfully wants to resore it to its Dover Look.Brian will assist him with old photos (has some more Too) And it will be documented as his progresses on the project HERE on the Forum.

bossguy

I was just looking at those, “if a little is good, more is better and too much is just enough” traction bars. That was done in the days before floaters too wasn’t it? I wonder how many ways that suspension binds?

hotroddj

Signed on as my Son, DINO HERE: Latest on the New owner…Troy from Troy’s Auto Body-Up Near Brian. Brian Just over there.Car Will get Ground up Resto 😀 .Up on lift Now and Brian inspected it. Only surface rust! …Frame & Floorboards ALL good. Already has two new front fenders ordered. Engine being completly rebuilt AND the ole girl Scheduled to Appear DONE at the Danbury Reunion AND RUN at the Nostalgia Drags ! Even found original lettering Guy to reletter same way .. Another one SAVED ! Photos coming

dover1320

Hey, Here’s the latest: I was just under the car and all through it. It is still very solid. The original work done by Billy is awesome, with the suspension. Troy is going all out on this resto and local guys that remember the car are going there to see it all the time or calling him about it. I myself, wanted this car, but owner never called me, but oh well!!! The car will be done soon, a 427 chevy is being built as we speak to be put back in the car. Photos of the restoration are coming soon. Brian M.

dino
                            Keymaster

Quick Recap ,for you Latecomers…

quote dover1320:

….the Mustang was owned by Billy Milano and his brother they had Arrows salvage in Highland. Bill died last year. The last time that car ran Dover was 1970. The shock towers were removed and it was a 4spd it also still has 12 bolt chevy rear. I have video of it running at Dover too. Brian M.

Troy Tortarella is the new owner. He owns Troy’s Auto Body, Inc. in Highland N.Y. Now ,Check this out .Originaly the car was sponsored by Arrow Auto Parts, Nighland,N.Y. …THAT was a Wrecking Yard ( long gone) owned by Orignal owner -Tony. Arrow was located AT THE CURRENT location of Troys Shop .Talk about “Bringing it back Home”! Some other details Brian told me. Found in back seat, like it was left there after its last run,WAS Tony’s Helmut. He also said the cool homemade two-piece headers are in perfect condition ,except for a sand and paint. Brand new chrome bumpers are already in the shop and the rare hi-buck (*Now”) wheels will be sent to Ca. for total restoration …Polish & chrome. This will be a ‘”done right’ resto. Great story with more on way. Brians doing a photo ‘essay’ on it Mon.

dino
                                Keymaster

This gets better!
                                    just recieved this:
                                    I am Billy Milano’s daughter and am so glad to see the pics of my dad car! I just scanned the few photos I had of a race my dad was in on 10/5/67 to his wife. He won two and lost one at the Dover Drag Strip. Not sure who he was racing though.
                                    hotrodmaggie

jrstk

Love seeing the old race cars rescued and restored. Like most people, I cringe at the line “its not for sale” or “Im going to restore it” just to see the cars sit and rot beyond hope.
                                        Is their a website up chroniciling the Mustangs rebuild?

Doug

dino
                                        Keymaster

Yes Doug -US…As soon as Brian gets back from Troys and sends me the latest …We’ll follow it Here ! heres some more From T.O’Shea collection in the ODF Galleries.

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Never before seen in public…From Billys wife Via Daughter Maggie

Attachments:

jrstk

Thanks Dino, looking forward to more. You gotta love the variety seen in the “old days”

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Heres first Batch of photos from Brian….More coming

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

New fenders, but thats the original Seat . Hood being duplicated to match original design. Guess we’ll start calling it ‘The Arrow Auto Parts Mustang Gasser”

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Billy’s Original Helmut And 9in Slick.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.