DOVER RACE TEAM ….CHECK-IN, roll-call !

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 1st.DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS- 2009 DOVER RACE TEAM ….CHECK-IN, roll-call !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

Billy I got one for you to use but your in Fla. and I’m in this God forsaken state. My 57 2dr. sdn. needs front suspension and needs to be assembled. But aside from that its got an olds rear, ladder bars, full CM cage, tubbed, Americans, etc. I wouldn’t mind getting it back finished. (be careful what you wish for)

Pat

patina
        Participant

It’s an amazing thing, after countless hours trying to get my avatar on the Dover site it finally worked, how, I don’t know. But it is a picture of the MG running at Island circa 64. This may be the start of a good thing.

Pat

xchamp1317

Dino, Kinash & DeMarzo Racing will be there with our 3 cars. Keep us posted, should be fun.
                Joe DeMarzo

hearse-bill

Dad and I will be there with our 48 Austin….and may be Leo Santuccis 6 cyl Stude….for sure for sure….

cyv

Count me in. (Phsyco-Willys B/G pick-up)

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

I would say that would be a good date for the race No conflicts with NHRA schedule.It’s been very quiet On the forum lately everyone must be working on their cars ?

cyv
                                quote masracingtd1167:

I would say that would be a good date for the race No conflicts with NHRA schedule.It’s been very quiet On the forum lately everyone must be working on their cars ?

Working on cars? Well, I walk into the freezing cold garage, light a cigar, stare at the pile of parts that I need to install, and the empty engine compartment I need to fill, finish my cigar and head back in where it’s warm again.
                                Gonna be a busy spring!

hvy70ss
                                Participant

Hi all,
                                    The “official” date announcement is coming REAL SOON. I am in contact with Island. Stay tuned for updates.

Bob Smith

randy-fish
                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

Pump it BIG on forum and blast it all over the internet…….RANDY-Calif. East Coast Drag news ,the works….How ‘ bout a budget-money issues ???….Any ? ( Sponsor Backing search-needs figures)
                                        I FOUND IT AT THIS PAGE !!!—–> http://islanddragway.com/schedule.html got to scroll down and THERE IT IS !

Dino . . . How ’bout a trade-out? I could probably wrangle you a “complimentary” full-page (four-color) ad in exchange for “Presented By DRAG RACER Magazine” status. All you’d have to do is design the ad and submit it by the end of May and it’d appear in my September issue, which goes on sale the end of July. Magazines for competitor’s goodie bags and maybe some banners might find their way to you, also. We could put our heads together for other promotional/sponsor opportunities, as well. ‘Ya dig?

bob-lasko
                                        Participant

Make two bracket style classes,dial your time. one class for the old cars,and one class for the newer cars.
                                            Bob Lasko
                                            SS/CS

quote HVY70SS:

SUNDAY…SUNDAY…..SUNDAY!! BE THERE!!

FIRST ANNUAL DOVER DRAGSTRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS
                                            ISLAND DRAGWAY, GREAT MEADOWS NJ
                                            OCTOBER 18, 2009

Classes to be determined, right now looking at least 2 brackets (NETO style), headup classes, and a 4speed stick only class.
                                            I have about 14 confirmed entries…I am open to ideas and suggestions for classes. To keep it “fun” trophies for win and runnerup…no money. Please contact me through my email for any questions:

Bob Smith
                                            bsmith4@hvc.rr.com

tomatohead
                                            Participant

Sunday ❗ :! OCT 18 th ❗ ❗ A 4 SPEED CLASS ❗ ❗ ❗ OH THANK YOU LORD 😀 ………. TOMATO ❗

Attachments:

cyv

Just got off the phone with Kevin Dunn. He’s in for Oct 18th.
                                                    Looking for a match race, his Willys pickup against mine (which is his old Willys he ran at Dover). That’d be pretty cool!

jlk-racing

You can count JLK Racing in with the Bad Buick.

dover1320

I’m in and my father old dover guy too Brian M.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

THIS “COULD” be what Tomatoheads Car Will LOOK LIKE !!!! best photo I could find with simple Google search …Any Help HERE ! color ! and more detail pleae . Found all kinds of stuff just putting in LARSEN Ford …Larsen Thunderbolt …Larsen A/FX try It !

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 163 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.