HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Good luck Joe. Good to see you supporting the Island track.

tomatohead
        Participant

……. Thanks Guys ❗ really wish you guys were here 😀 ,it was a beautiful day ❗ and a lot of Fast cars ❗ …… I was ALMOST one of them ❗ 😆 ….. I did get the “Lane” to run in at 12.10 @113 so it was good enuogh till next time ,I can turn that into the 11s next time 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
            Participant

….Being able to have run the car in the last couple of races 😀 and at Island 😀 , and looking at pictures Ive noticed no weight transfer and tires spinning off the line 🙄 , I am switching the coil overs in the front to some new springes and shocks to loosin up the front end ,and let it rise up ,hopefully sending some weight transfer to the rear ,and it looks like some new traction bars possible adjustable 32″ ladder bars and new rubber all around , ………… “DEAR SANTA” ” I ve been a good Tomato” ❗ 😀 😆

Attachments:

patina
                Participant

Mater if you have leaf springs on the car, ladder bars aren’t going to help. Look into Cal-Tracs a much better choice.

Pat

lee-valentine

X’s two on cal-tracs noting better on stock type suspension. Stock eliminator cars run 9 sec. et’s on 9″ tires with them.

tomatohead
                        Participant

…… How could I NOT listen to you guys ❗ 😀 thanks for great advice and setting my car straight ❗ 😀 , I just checked the Cal-Trac’s website and they DO make them for my car , thanks again 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                            Participant

…. I got home last nite and did one side of the car with the new springs and shocks 😀 doing the other side today and get it over for a nice four wheel alinement ❗ then off to Island Dragway ❗ one more time this year , Dec. the 8th ❗ I am hoping the wheel alinement AND weight transfer will be worth at least a tenth of a second ❓ next year in the spring we will start with new slicks ❗ 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                Participant

….. hey always becareful when doin this ❗ 😯 I had the spring move on me more then once ❗ 😮 ……………. anyway got it done for now and now the suspension actuly works , so soon as I get the thing all lined up I ll head to New Jersey for testing 😀 ❗ ………. I might be able to paint the bumpers after this 😀

Attachments:

mikey

YYYEEESSSSSS, THE BUMPERS!!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Should we start a Paint the bumpers fund?…I’ll send up the sandpaper!

tomatohead
                                            Participant

…… Dont worry , …….. 😀 I have paint AND sandpaper guys ❗ 😆 so I ll talk care of it for the NEXT race ❗ , hey ❗ heres the picture I got from the track photograffer ❗ 😆 from OCT ❗ 😀

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                Participant

‘Mater’, better invest in a certified N.H.R.A seat booster! Your sittin’ a bit too low in the cockpit,by the looks of it! 😉 😆 😆 😆

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Cakes…Mater is only about 4 ft. tall …we’ll send him a phone book to sit on. 😆

gramdog1
                                                        Participant

That had better be a Manhatten phone book. 😆

Has anyone met ‘Mater’s brothers,Sleepy,Doc,Grumpy…….? 😀

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Dino and Gramdog, I LOVE IT!!! You guys cracked me up,and made my day with the ‘Mater’ jokes!!! Good thing Joe takes it in stride! 😀 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 444 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.