M & M Speed & Custom checking in

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past M & M Speed & Custom checking in

Viewing 10 posts - 166 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

I THINK THIS IS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST DRAG RACING SHOW THE EAST HAS EVER SEEN!!! LETS ALL MAKE IT HAPPEN!
        “I MAY JUST RETIRE (AGAIN) AFTER THIS ONE”

RICH & BECKY

dino
        Keymaster

by mandm ยป Fri May 25, 2012 11:10 am

WE ARE GOING TO START RUNNING BOLT ON SPEED PARTS ON SALE!!! STARTING IN JUNE
            MY BIRTHDAY GIFT TO ALL M&M’s!! 600 CFM, POLISHED, VAC SECONDARY $279.95 CHEEP-CHEEP-CHEEP
            MORE BOLT ON’s COMING SOON!!!
            1-888-327-0454 PLEASE NO E-MAILS

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

BECAUSE OF MY HEALTH PROBLEMS I HAVE FOUND IT NECESSARY TO RE-THINK M&M SPEED AND CUSTOM AS A BUSINESS, FROM AN OWNER STANDPOINT. I/WE HAVE DECIDED TO DOWNSIZE THE INVENTORY OF G-BODY PARTS. TO HELP IN THE “DOWNSIZING”, I’VE SOLD THE HOUSE, AND THE WAREHOUSE, WHICH WILL GIVE US SOME WORKING CAPITOL. I’VE ALSO LOCATED, AND AM RENTING, A SLIGHTLY SMALLER WAREHOUSE, WHICH WILL HELP US HAVE BETTER CONTROL OVER THE INVENTORY OF THE G-BODY, AND THE SPEED EQUIPMENT SIDE. WE ARE ALSO WORKING ON A 24-7 COMPUTER ORDER OPTION. THAT WAY, YOU CAN GO ONLINE FOR YOUR PARTS, FIND WHAT YOU NEED, ORDER AND PAY FOR IT ALL AT YOUR CONVENIENCE. IF YOU FIND WHAT YOU WANT, BUT FEEL YOU NEED TO NEGOTIATE A BETTER PRICE, YOU CAN CALL THE NEXT DAY. EITHER MIKEY, OR ME(RICH), WILL BE UPDATING THIS TOPIC FROM TIME TO TIME.
                RICH ๐Ÿ˜€ AND …………….MIKEY ๐Ÿ˜†

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

THIS IS SOME INFORMATION ON OUR NEW, AND NOT YET MOVED INTO, WAREHOUSE. 7001 SW.21ST PLACE, WEST DAVIE, FLORIDA 33317. MORE INFO WILL FOLLOW. OH, WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE SAME PHONE NUMBER. 1-888-327-0454 CAN YOU TELL BY THE COLOR THAT MIKEY MADE THIS POST ๐Ÿ˜†

We are also considering a small retail store in a strip mall, mostly to sell the Speed Equipment, but also some G-Body parts. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ The ideal storefront would have a warehouse area in the back, with a roll-up door. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Then, if the rent was “right”, we could combine both operations. ๐Ÿ˜€ Remember, the retail store is just an idea at this time. ๐Ÿ™„ ………………Mikey ๐Ÿ˜†

mikey

Just had to post this. If Rich didn’t have bad luck, he wouldn’t have any luck!! He just got his ’83 Malibu wagon re-registered and insured so he had a daily driver and a tow vehicle again, and disaster literally struck! He went to Walgreens to get his prescriptions, and do a little shopping, and then put his stuff in the wagon. He forgot his carton of smokes, and went back to Walgreens to get them. When he came out and got to the car, he noticed smoke under the hood, and inside the car. When he opened the drivers door, the smoke turned into fire! He got the hood opened to pull a battery cable off, but could not do it. He then went to the back of the car for a pair of pliers. When he got by the front of the car, people had to pull him away, the car was fully engulfed in flames! His good friend Jim Cady’s daughter was there, saw it happening, and was one of the first people to get Rich away from the car.The car is JUNK, it melted the windows, or blew them out, nothing left of the inside, and all 4 tires exploded. With any luck, the drivetrain will be salvageable, since this was a “purpose built” tow car. 406 SBC, good heads and cam, beefed up 700R4 trans, and a narrowed 9″ Ford rear. Rich built this car 17 years ago, and it had less than 20,000 miles on it. The car was very special to him, and he’s really down. With all the other things that have happened to him in the past year, he didn’t need this at all. I’m going down to visit, and help out for a few days, and Jim Cady will be helping out too. Well, just thought you guys should know what’s up.
                        ………………..Mikey ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ™

dino
                        Keymaster

Rich told me the whole story…Its a Shame….Nice ride now a briquet…But he’s got a great new crew and they’re forging ahead with the move to the “New” M&M warehouse and have got their ‘act’ together. Gotta give Rich credit for sticking it out and making a go in the midst of all his latest problems. Can only get better. You guys NEED to call a get the DEALS he has on Speed Equip!. in addition to all the archived vintage G-Body Stuff he’s stockpiled…they don’t make it anymore!.

mikey

Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop. A few days ago, Rich suffered a really bad seizure. There is a name for it, I think it’s gran maul, not sure. He was working in the warehouse when it happened, and when he fell, he broke his right femur pretty badly. They finally have him stabilized enough after a few days, where they are operating on him today. Jim Cady will keep me in the loop, and I’ll update you guys with any new info. The hospital won’t give out any info, and he can’t talk on the phone right now, also no visitors except family, and they will check. Rich’s estranged wife is behind this, but, they are still married. A real shame that his friends can’t find out how he’s doing. …………Mikey ๐Ÿ˜†

mikey

Due to a paperwork and billing error, mostly on our part, we have lost the 800 portion of our phone number. When the 800 number was called, it would roll-over to the regular number, 954-693-5020. When the last bill was paid, we inadvertently overlooked the charge for the roll-over, and lost the 800 number. We are working on trying to get it back, but there is no guarantee. Please call us at 954-693-5020 and we will take good care of you. Thanks. …………Mikey ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

patina
                                    Participant
                                        quote M & M Speed & Custom:

John Gunn is from Poughkeepsie now in La Grangeville, He bought Chickery’s old machine shop in 1978?? and turned it into one of the BEST engine shops in the northeast. I met John at my dad’s Shell station on Rt.44 in Pok, 1967 when buying a engine from a friend of his (JUNK!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ) and we have been good friends ever since.
                                        John has had (like the rest of us) a lot of realy nice cars, but I think the three nices ones were the 1962 Corvette, 1968 Chevelle Station Wagon and the 1988 Cutlass (pic comming soon). John, like most of you know, that know him, still has the cars stored somewhere along with his first dollar! ๐Ÿ˜† LOVE YA Buddy!!
                                        Hope he keeps on winning races and setting records for a long time!!
                                        Rich

Does anyone know what class John ran with the Chevelle?

Pat

t-fatty

Hi Rich,

Is this your Triumph and Vega in the pic?

Viewing 10 posts - 166 through 175 (of 175 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.