M & M Speed & Custom checking in

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past M & M Speed & Custom checking in

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    brokenaxle

What ever happen to Rich the owner of M&M.We both use to buy from wharehouse in Kingston New York.Vic from Vics Speed Shop.

dino
        Keymaster

Vic…read the Previous Pages ! Rich is in florida ..He talks all about it …click on heading and start from the beginning ….this is page 4 of SIX…look down in bottom right of page …little blue page buttons …click on 1
            …………..While I’m at it …just heard from Leonard Auchmoody…ran in ’65 with a E/S Impala and back from Nam in ’69 ran a B/S Chevelle with M&M on the side ,also had a SS/X ’57 chevy. Doesn’t have computer but we’re sending info so his kid can show him site .He’s Still in Highland,N.Y. crushing Rocks. Heading to Marcus for First Time …maybe Cruise Too !

dino
            Keymaster

Rich sponsors this “nostalgia” Car! ’64 Dodge with monster 572 c.i….runs 9;50’s ! Apart right now, but Rich and Dennis will thrash on it to try to get it to Island Oct 18. AND Rich says He’s going to try to Make the Danbury Reunion with Cousin Tony.

Attachments:

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Dino: You better remind who ever is in the tower announcing not to HARASS the State Police!! Rich 😆
                    PS: Wish I had a Pic of that!

Ahh…That would be Me and No …I don’t need a Repeat of THAT ! see the whole story in “Bench Racing” heading…[edit-dino]

storm-king-2

Rich
                        I broke a rear in my Pro/Stock Duster during time trials. Chick sent one of his guys to poughkip to bring me his spare, while we pulled the broke one out. I think he beat me that week. We traded wins quite a bit, between Chick, Sandy the Outlaw,& me, all through 1970. One week I was having trouble with a bad miss on top end, so I borrowed Chicks distributor out of Mr Ed. Didn’t help, so I borrowed his carbs. They didn’t help either. Turned out I had 3 lobes gone off the cam. I sat out 71 because I couldn’t afford to upgrade to be competetive, ( just got married ). Late 71, early 72 I bought Chicks tunnel ram, Holley 4500’s, Lakewood bell, clutch, pressure plate, Hurst shifter, &4spd. He said with the machine shop, he didn’t havetime to run. I was able to get all the glass body parts, disc brakes,roll cage, wheelie bars thru Sox & Martin. Went on the WCS & Pro/Stock circuits in Division 1. Chick made me a heck of a deal on all those parts, and probably was the deciding factor in making that season possible for us. Like my brother said earlier, a class act.
                        Bill

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Bill:
                            Yes he was! Chick is my daughters God Father and my brother. I meet him and Hempy right after they left Jocko’s and had just split up. I can’t explain how close we were it was like we were the same person., Know what I mean? I have only had that experience with one other person, my cousin Tony who is the other M, without them i don’t know if M&M would have been remembered today! Guess I was just blessed.
                            We never could get that car to run right with the 4 speed.
                            Rich

dino
                            Keymaster

JUST FOR YOU RICH !…and Smrtic. Just got Ed Hosiers great photo collection !…this and more M&M cars in it …It’s going into the ODF Galleries soon and will be on The Next Photo Collection Disc-Vol.II

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

OPPS…looks like Mr.Ed Breaks ! and Storm King goes for the Win

Attachments:

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

WOW!!!!!!!! These pic’s are so cool like to get copys of ANY M&M Cars. Couldn’t keep that 4sp together.
                                        Rich
                                        PS: Bill is that run on our parts? Ha Ha! I know you did the same for us. Cousin Tony Serino said he remembers running for those parts for you, he was low man then. Don’t think guys now a days would.

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Thats right we did sponsor the D/MP Triumph of Dante Dattoli. Before there was Hondas, Yamahas & Kawasakis Harley & Triumph were Kings. You must remember Dante (Dat) he ran a 1957 Vette & the 1966 Triumph TT Special also drove for Gunn sometimes. The engine was built by Larry Mohand, the bike weighed 280lb, 100+hp with 2 Mackoonie (sp) 38mm carbs a frame, handle bars, seat & 2 tires it ran 11:80’s. Dante later bought a 10 second Kawie and while at Lebanon one Sunday went down hard after some sever wheel shake!! He got hurt real BAD and hung up his helmet and moved to FLA. Rich

PS: I bought the bike and drove it on the street got 11 tickets one night!!
                                            I recived a phone call from Mr Dattoli correcting me on his motorcycle, the HP was 65 not 100 and it ran 11:90’s not 80’s Sorry Dat, feel better? 🙄

Attachments:

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Heres my cousin Tony Serino’s 1963 Ply 426cu in crossram, aluminum nose, SS/DA car. All M&M customers would remember Tony he ran (M&M)the Dutchess turnpike store over saw the Kingston site and was the other M in M&M. The car came from Newburg and at one time was red enyone remember it from Newburg? He paid $1,500.00 for the car wish it was around today $80,000 + ?
                                                Still working on getting the size right will edit when I figure it out sorry. Just click on Pic and adjust
                                                ****** Rich you’re posting the whole Scanner bed (White) with photo…have to get into a Edit program to ‘Crop’ just the photo. I fixed !…dino
                                                Thank you!!

Attachments:

storm-king-2

Rich,
                                                    Do I ever know this car. Where is it now? This was “the Northeast Raider”. Jed StAngelo owned it for several years, then he sold it to my friend Joe Beltempo. Joe ran at Dover quite a bit with it. Other than Mooreheads Volvo, I don’t think much got past in in Stock Eliminator. I know it ran at least 11.80’s back then. Can’t wait to call Joe & tell him.
                                                    Bill
                                                    ps Can’t believe I’ve been missing this page since August.

storm-king-2

Rich’
                                                        When we put that 4spd set-up in the Duster, we had nothing but trouble for the first month or so. I was running 10.5’S, & half the time couldn’t get all 4 gears, & kept messing up the sliders. We were at Cayuga, Ontario for a WCS meet, my partner was talking with Dutch Irgang ? who used to be Jenkins tranny guy. He told us check the bell housing alignment. I believe it was supposed to have something like a max of .008, it had .028. The 4th gear would wobble so much at the rev’s we were running that the slider would hang on 3rd gear, & burr that end of the slider. That would also make it hang up when you went for 4th gear. We got adjustable bushings for the back of the block, but couldn’t get the old ones out. We tried everything we could think of short of drilling. Finally had chewed them up with a vise grip. Runnout was .004. Shifting after that was like cutting butter with a hot knife. I finally got to where I could shift it without using the clutch.
                                                        Bill
                                                        ps – Dutch drove the Jungle Jim Pro Stock Vega Wagon

storm-king-2

More about the “Raider”. After I had my first Duster painted, Beltempo took the Raider there to be re-painted. It was candy apple red, just gorgeous. Joe was going to have it done black with copper flake scallops if I recall. The painter never finished it, and it sat outside rusting for about a year. I actually tried to do a deal with Joe, to run it in 71. Wasn’t interested. Joe sold it to John Boss, who ran a gas station on Broadway in Newburgh. He painted it green. Don’t know if he ever did anything except street race it. What do you know of it after it left your cousins hands?
                                                            Bill

dino
                                                            Keymaster

So now the question is …Where is John Boss and where’s the car ?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 175 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.