Mikey’s WILLYS

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Mikey’s WILLYS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Mikey has his new toy…former member of Duchess Racing Association….ran up til 77 with his Chevy.Now in Florida,after a long time not racing,he now has this Willys to play with-“Papa’s Toy”.He says he plans to run it at our Nostalgia Drags in Sept.
        Heres a link to all the photos Mikey posted at Facebbook:
        http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3565&id=100000864984656#!/album.php?aid=3565&id=100000864984656&ref=mf

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

FIRST TIME OUT Report,AT Central Florida Motorsports Complex (1/8 mile, just 6 miles from his house)
            by mikey on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:56 am <<<<<<<< !

OK!! I was able to make three passes with the car, and I think we can be friends. First pass- did a decent burnout, line loc works like it should. Staged car, engaged trans brake(it works)launched at 4200, nailed it, hit second and held it shortly, then let off and coasted so I could check the brakes steering, etc. 9.06 et, .121 reaction time, 71mph. Second pass-another good burnout, staged and launched at 4800, nailed it, hit second and held it a little longer, then just eased off and coasted again. 8.21 et, .0892 reaction time, 92mph. Third pass-good burnout, launched at 5000, got a little crooked, stayed in it, hit second and held it pretty good, got third and eased up on it. 7.02 et, .055 reaction time, 112mph. I have a LOT TO LEARN about this car, and drag racing , everything is really different. Of course, my last trip through the traps was E-Town, 1977. But I’ll tell you this much, I had a blast!!!! I’m going to go there EVERY FRIDAY, and maybe some Saturdays until I learn the car, and then I’ll go to A 1/4 mile track. I will post some pics tomorrow, I’m going to bed.
            ………………..Mikey and “PAPA’S TOY” 😆

dino
            Keymaster

Heres what the guys replied:

TomBlake on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:59 am
                Sounds like an old pro. Looks like you got a pretty good handle on the new car for the first time out.

by donkauer on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:42 am
                Mikey……….Ya done good!!!!!!!!! Glad you had fun…. ………Hey PM to me your address…….I have a present for you….. ……Don………..

by patina on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:04 am
                Congrats Mikey that sounds great! Anybody get videos of it?

by Frank J. Majauskas on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:07 am
                Good job Mikey ! It sounds like you’re right back in the saddle again.
                Frank…

dino
                Keymaster

Mikey called me at about 11 last night…All pumped after his first pass…didn’t have to clean out the firesuit!…He said the place was overrun with rice-burners doing Test N Tune…long waits in staging lanes. Didn’t expect him to go the time for two more passes but Hey…gas in the tank and “we’re here” . Considering ,it’s his first runs, in 33 years -NOT BAD.We’re Working on his lettering package now. He calls it “Papa’s Toy”. Nice job Mikey…Ol Dover guys don’t forget…Blake should be with you next time…Cool photo op.

mikey

I just want to thank everyone for the nice comments. I had a great time, and I’m looking forward to next Friday. I’m sure it will go pretty fast once I get the hang of the trans brake, shift light, and all the other strange things I’ve never seen before. No videos, but have some pics, I’m sorting through them, and will post some later. …………..Mikey 😆

It is now later. I hope you like them.

Attachments:

mikey

More, would only let me do five. 😮 😯

Attachments:

mikey

Two more, Dino, you need to fix this so you can keep posting pictures. 😥

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

attach Photo -Submit ….Edit -Attach Photo-submit -Edit…You can do that all day long (EDIT ^ HERE)The softwear has a file size limit “Per Each Submit” so fool it by going back to “edit ” and do another shot..

mikey
                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

attach Photo -Submit ….Edit -Attach Photo-submit -Edit…You can do that all day long (EDIT ^ HERE)The softwear has a file size limit “Per Each Submit” so fool it by going back to “edit ” and do another shot..

I remembered you telling me that and I tried it. The computer threw me the finger and said five was the limit!!

bossguy

Great looking car Mikey, I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

Boy, the car looks great ! What a nice playground to have in your neighborhood ! 🙂
                                                Frank…

maso
                                                Participant

Mikey…

Where were your pictures taken…? At palm Beach International…? And when…?

patina
                                                    Participant

Hey Maso, what do you work the night shift 😎 If so you were asleep when he wrote “Central Florida Motorsports Complex” (1/8 mile, just 6 miles from his house). You probably won’t read this untill after midnight 😆

Pat

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Maso DOES work night shift!

mikey
                                                                quote patina:

Hey Maso, what do you work the night shift 😎 If so you were asleep when he wrote “Central Florida Motorsports Complex” (1/8 mile, just 6 miles from his house). You probably won’t read this untill after midnight 😆

Pat

Pat, you were close. It’s Central Florida Racing Complex. But, you did real good for an old guy ……………..Mikey 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.