Mikey’s WILLYS

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Mikey’s WILLYS

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

easy on Chef Pat…He’s just quoting me.

maso
        Participant

I just woke up now and found this now…

I do work the night shift. If you subscribe to the Wall Street Journal and live in the tri-county area then I am on the team that gets the paper out to you. We got a machine that sticks the address lable on the paper right off a print press that runs at about 20,000 per hour and the ergamonics and the logistics for all that is rather complex. I do that four nights per week.

mikey

Hi Maso, how are you doing? Good to here from you. The track is a pretty nice little deal. It’s an IHRA sanctioned track, 1/8th mile with a 1020 ft shut down area, and a sand trap after that. The night I was there, a lot of the cars were doing test and tunes for Sundays Summit Drags Points Race. It rained out Friday, so I went Saturday, and there were a bunch of”ricers” there. Thought I’d never get a TT. I was told on Fridays, mostly domestics show up, so that’s my night of choice. Take care.
                ……………….Mikey 😆 and “PAPAS TOY”

maso
                Participant

There are a lot of eigth mile tracks here in Florida. The one at Immocolee is pretty good too. You won’t stress out your engine or break any parts at an eigth mile track.

mikey

Until I get the bugs out of the car, I’m only going to my local 1/8th mile track. I need some lights on the instruments, especially the tach. I also need to pull off both rear shocks, I think the r/rear is bad. With the 4-link and coil overs, the car should launch pretty straight, but it leans way over and goes right and does the same thing when I go to second gear. When you have not had serious HP under you for some time, those trips to the right really get your attention!! I also noticed on the last burnout,( hard one this time ) the right rear tire seemed to be bouncing just before I released the Line-Loc. So I’m probably not going to go to the track this weekend if I can’t fix at least the tach light and the darting to the right. I don’t want to break the car out of stupidity. I know the car will go fast, I just have to be patient. ………………Mikey 😆

P.S. It also gets a little tight when you’re on a fixed income, can’t use the house money!!

super-sport-pete

hi mike, thumbs up on your car. if you came home without breakage the first time out in 30 years, you done good.if that track is close,register the willys and DRIVE it there! that will shke up the rice burners.i went back after 22 yrs. those jersey barriers are close! how did you like the LED lites on the tree? keep plugging.

super-sport-pete

hi mike, thumbs up on your car. if you came home without breakage the first time out in 30 years, you done good.if that track is close,register the willys and DRIVE it there! that will shke up the rice burners.i went back after 22 yrs. those jersey barriers are close! how did you like the LED lites on the tree? keep plugging.

mikey

Thanks Pete, everything was really weird, but I’ll get the hang of it. ……………Mikey 😆

mikey

Shimer, that is really a cool picture, and you’re right, that’s my car reversed. leave it to you to find something like that. You even “scooped” Dino!! Thanks. ……………..Mikey 😆

mikey

In one of the previous posts, Don Kauer said he was sending me a present to commemorate the cars maiden voyage. It was a model, in the box, of “Big John Mazmanian’s 41 Willys Coupe”. I put it together, painted it like mine, and it really is a “Minnie Me Willys” Really cool. Thanks again Don, great idea and a greater gift. ………….Mikey 😆

P.S.HOPE YOU LIKE THE PICTURES, I THINK THEY ARE PRETTY COOL.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

Great job Mikey on the “mini” Willys. SUPER COOL !!
                                                Frank…

don-kauer
                                                    quote mikey:

In one of the previous posts, Don Kauer said he was sending me a present to commemorate the cars maiden voyage. It was a model, in the box, of “Big John Mazmanian’s 41 Willys Coupe”. I put it together, painted it like mine, and it really is a “Minnie Me Willys” Really cool. Thanks again Don, great idea and a greater gift. ………….Mikey 😆

P.S.HOPE YOU LIKE THE PICTURES, I THINK THEY ARE PRETTY COOL.

Mikey……Awesome job on the “mini”…………..Don……

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Ain’t that Cute!…Nice job on the paint ! …how’de you do that ? perfect match…finish !

patina
                                                        Participant

Great model Mikey, looks great! See how much better the scoop looks on the model (hate to be a ball breaker) but I am 😆 😆 😆

Pat

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

…… that’s a nice “mini clone”of your car Mikey , it is an auto trans right , so Iam guessing that your model is in park so in doesnt roll off the hood 😀 …….. right ❓ 😀 …… i like that idea , i think i would like a mini clone of my car too 😀 …………… maybe we could have a mini clone model contest for Fun at the next race at Island ❓ 😀

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.