Mikey’s WILLYS

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Mikey’s WILLYS

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant

I nominate this one for the “User’s Submitted Picture of The Year” award…!

dino
        Keymaster

Caption…from old MAD Magazine:
            “What-Me Worry?”

tomatohead
            Participant

……… ya know if you ever watched “RED SKELETON” …… he would say “GOOD NITE” 😀
                an “GOD BLESS” 😀

mikey

Thank you, and good night! 😆

vbob
                    Participant

HEY

I wish everyone a good night !!

‘V’

vbob
                        Participant

HEY
                            Just search Frank Repoli .
                            ‘V’

mikey

OK guys, I think I’m good to go now. DK, I hate to admit it, but the alternator was a must, I just can’t afford a 16volt battery. Anyway, I mocked one up, made some brackets and an adjustment arm, experimented with some belts until i got one that I liked, aligned everything and then took it all apart for the build. I disassembled, fumigated, and cleaned up the case, then gave it a shot of black paint. Cleaned up and de-burred all my brackets, and the pulley that a friend gave me, and painted them black too. I ordered a rebuild/conversion kit for a 100amp single wire alternator on Monday night, and got it Wednesday afternoon around 1:30. I assembled the alt, and took it up to Advance Auto Parts, and they tested it as a 100amp alternator, and it tested good. Brought it home, installed it, and ran the car. At an idle it holds 13.8volts with the Ignition, fuel pump, water pump, and fan going. Belt tracks straight, no jumping. I’m happy as a pig in slop!!!! I also decided to get the timing where it needs to be, and succeeded at that, got the Nitrous plate off, and made a new mount for the top of the radiator. I’m going to put up some pics of the alternator project. Oh, almost forgot, my friend Jay, decided to try to polish my aluminum valve covers. He got one done, and it really looks great. ………..Mikey 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

P.S. Dino, I don’t have the magic in my fingers like you. I can only post 5 pics at a time. I’ve tried your”edit and post”, and my computer just laughs at me and says 5 is the limit. 😥 😥

Attachments:

mikey

Gotta put one or two more in and it won’t let me, Dino. 😥 😥

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Am I wrong here ,or isn’t the Alternator mounted backwords? won’t it overheat?

mikey

The alternator is mounted backwards, and no, it won’t “overheat”. If it does get a little too hot, I’ll put a Ford fan on it which might cool it quicker.( Ford rotates in the opposite direction). I don’t think I’ll have any trouble, I know a couple of other guys that run a similar set-up with no problems. Do you like it, does it look neat enough?? …………..Mikey 😆

P.S. The Mini Alternators don’t even have fans on them, and they get hot without any damage. 😀

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

Hey Mikey, It looks pretty wild to me ! I hope that it solves your problem,so
                                                you can finally enjoy the car and get down to some serious passes ! One step
                                                at a time, right ? Happy New Year Mikey and family ! 🙂
                                                Frank…

maso
                                                Participant

Michael…

When do you plan to take it to the track next…?

mikey

If all goes well, next Friday, the 7th. …………….Mikey 😆

maso
                                                        Participant
                                                            quote mikey:

If all goes well, next Friday, the 7th. …………….Mikey 😆

Where…?

mikey

CFRC, right by where I live. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.