Mikey’s WILLYS

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Mikey’s WILLYS

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Mater, that’s a nice “Minnie Me” T-bolt. I’m assuming yours is in gear, right? I used a wheel chock on mine. Safety first. I think it’s kind of cool to have a model of your car. I wonder how many guys out there have done this?? Anyway, that is a nice shot of your little “BOLT”. See what happens when you get a camera? Good stuff!! …………………Mikey 😆

bobby-s

Mikey

thought you would enjoy this die cast of the
            original Dobbs Ferry Ford t-bolt.

only 2 ever made like this,
            I had them done one for my brother who worked there
            with the crew, and another for myself.

exact lettering, even the off spacing of the phone number.

even a stick car like the original,

Willys looks SWEET, both of them
            enjoy them

Bobby S.

Attachments:

patina
            Participant

OK one more model 😛 Brother Mike built this display to get my ass moving a year before we started on the car. The 57 Nomad is just like one of the cars we towed with.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Ok ….new Topic AND added attraction to the NostalgiaDrags …details to be worked out

frank-j-majauskas
                    Participant

Pat, what a nice model of the MG. COOL ! I like It ! 🙂
                        Frank…

bossguy

Nice model building Mike, did Pat contribute the Sam Adams bottle opener? 😆

dino
                            Keymaster

TA DA !——->http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2466

Now back to our regular scheduled show: “Mikeys Willys” or how to learned to find the drag strip, 6 miles from my house.

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Hi Mikey, How’s everything going. Just wondering if you’ve made any more passes
                                    with the Willys ??
                                    Frank…

mikey

Have not been out again, due to some parts I’m waiting for. I sent the rear shocks out to California, to Aldan Eagle American Shocks to have them checked out. I was pretty sure at least the r/rear was bad. Turns out they were both bad, they had bent shafts. But I feel good, because the r/rear was worse than the left. They are done, but I have to wait about two weeks for some money. That extra $125. w/ shipping was not in the budget! Then, there was a problem with the trans brake, again. It turned out to be a bad solenoid, and that I can afford. Should have that by Saturday. So, hopefully I’ll be back out in a couple of weeks. This fixed income crap is for the birds. I need to get with the wife and go over the budget and see if we can move some things around or something. I also need to sell the enclosed trailer. I’m going to take it out to the track Friday, and see if it draws any interest. Hey,Frank. Cassie says Hi. Almost forgot, I’m pretty sure I know how the shafts got bent. The guy I got it from, lowered the rear suspension, but never bothered to adjust the “panhard bar”, which centers the rear end housing. I noticed when I got the car, Goodyear was rubbed off the r/rear slick. When I raised the ride height back up, I measured for center, and it was only 1/16th out. Oh well. ……………..Mikey 😆

Oh, I like all these models of the guys cars. I think Patina’s gets the gold so far, with Mater a close second. I’ll take third, I’m not greedy!! 😀

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

Hey Mikey, Thanks for the up-date on the Willys. It’s good that you’re finding these
                                            problem areas now, so that there’s no accidents occurring from them. This has to be
                                            an exciting ride for you ! Yeah, we all know what that “fixed” income is all about. As far
                                            as all those neat models that you guys built, they’re all First Place Winners. Can’t wait to
                                            see ya make a full 1/4 mi pass at Island Dragway this fall. Say HI to Cassie for me too.
                                            You guys stay COOL ! 🙂
                                            Frank…

mikey
                                                quote Frank J. Majauskas:

Hey Mikey, Thanks for the up-date on the Willys. It’s good that you’re finding these
                                                problem areas now, so that there’s no accidents occurring from them. This has to be
                                                an exciting ride for you ! Yeah, we all know what that “fixed” income is all about. As far
                                                as all those neat models that you guys built, they’re all First Place Winners. Can’t wait to
                                                see ya make a full 1/4 mi pass at Island Dragway this fall. Say HI to Cassie for me too.
                                                You guys stay COOL ! 🙂
                                                Frank…

I feel bad, I forgot the Bobby S T-Bolt. That gets third place, I’ll take “honorable mention”. 😆

dino
                                                Keymaster

Mikey….can You get some shots at the Track of it ?

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Mikey posted this on Facebook:
                                                        Going to take my car down to M&M Speed tomorrow, and then Sunday we’re going to the car show at Palm Beach International Raceway(formerly Moroso). Rich is bringing his Custom El Camino Choo-Choo, and several other club members are bringing their cars too. Should be a good day.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Oh Well …Mikey posted this at the M&M “Who’s Online Daily Chat ” (They got one too):
                                                            “I’ve decided not to try to make a pass at PBIR on Sunday. I’m just going to go for the show, relax and enjoy the day. The following week, I’m going to call Tom Blake, and make arrangements to go to Bradenton for a test and tune. I’ll keep you all informed. “

tomblake
                                                            Participant

mikey…..just got my new converter Friday. Start the installation tomorrow. Should be ready when ever you call. Just waiting to see your Willis.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.