More on the ’37 B/A

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR More on the ’37 B/A

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant
        quote Gene Terenzio Sr.:

quote video Bob:

Hey
        That’s a pic from my orginal slide!!
        Hers another from upstairs!

‘V’Bob

That is My stude… funny thing i dont remember racing it, but there it is.

You don’t…?!

I want to ask you or Tom Blake who won this race… is there an answer…?
        How do you NOT remember racing a car that you built up yourself…!!!???

tomblake
        Participant

Maso…..It’s been 43 years. If I said I won no one would know? To be honest I don’t remember either. What I do remember is that it was fun. We didn’t race the ’37 very much and it was the fastest thing I drove up till than. Back than fast was good, same as today.
            Talking to Bill the other night his best memory was “that car was pretty unsafe” 😆 😆
            Gene will have to answer the second question but if he is like me 43 years changes a lot of things including memories.
            This site was brought back a lot of memories and good times for me.

gene-terenzio-sr
            Participant

Maso…..It’s been 43 years. If I said I won no one would know? To be honest I don’t remember either. What I do remember is that it was fun. We didn’t race the ’37 very much and it was the fastest thing I drove up till than. Back than fast was good, same as today.
                Talking to Bill the other night his best memory was “that car was pretty unsafe” 😆 😆
                Gene will have to answer the second question but if he is like me 43 years changes a lot of things including memories.
                This site was brought back a lot of memories and good times for me.[/quote

Like I said I don’t remember racing the car, so how do you expect me to know who won? I’ll go along with Tom and say I’ll bet we had FUN, got to love them white wall slicks ahy? 😀

tomblake
                Participant

Gene….White wall slicks, the only sponsor I ever had in the early days of drag racing was the drag slicks and white walls looked real good to me than. Sheehan Tires in Bridgeport CT was trying to get into the slick market and I got the first set of white wall slicks they ever made. Back than a set of slicks was more than a weeks pay for me. They were not only free but they worked pretty well on my car.
                    Like my brother use to say “No beer tastes any better than free beer” 😆

maso
                    Participant
                        quote TomBlake:

Dino…. When I read you response “YEP…Think so…” I called Bill to tell him there might be a video of the ’37 Ford racing at Dover. Both of us are pretty excited to see what the video shows. A video from more than 40 years ago of a thing we both liked back than and still have interest in today. Just amazing.

Attn: Video Bob…

Any chance that you could post just a short glimpse of that here…???

This turned out to be a very interesting thread. I hope the Brazee brothers will chime in soon too.

Maso

tomblake
                        Participant
                            quote Maso:

quote TomBlake:

Dino…. When I read you response “YEP…Think so…” I called Bill to tell him there might be a video of the ’37 Ford racing at Dover. Both of us are pretty excited to see what the video shows. A video from more than 40 years ago of a thing we both liked back than and still have interest in today. Just amazing.

Attn: Video Bob…

Any chance that you could post just a short glimpse of that here…???

This turned out to be a very interesting thread. I hope the Brazee brothers will chime in soon too.

Maso

I’m with Maso I would really like to see that video too. I have been amazed with the pictures but a video would be the ultimate.

dino
                            Keymaster

OK TOM …you’re breakin my heart …Really …I’m going to see if we can lift Just that clip,edit and and link it …V-BOB doesn’t have the software …we do …Papasmurf’s gona shoot me …might take some engineering but I’ll see if It can be done …JUST FOR YOU as a Christmas present…wish me luck…Now all you other guys ,we might just do a teaser of the big VIDEO …but it takes a bunch of work…so don’t get your hopes up.

tomblake
                                Participant

Ok good luck. I still believe in Santa. Merry Christmas.

billy-casey

Tom ….. I was very upset 2 years ago when I found out 😥 😥 😥 Billy

tomblake
                                        Participant

Billy…..Don’t tell me, I don’t want to hear that 😥 😥

dino
                                            Keymaster

What No Santa! ….That Sucks ….Here I am ,60 years old and you guys are mean….He always eats the Cookies I leave…And We will put together that Clip as a teaser Friday….Santa busy… so I got to do it ….And how do you explain the deer poop on my roof 😯

tomblake
                                                Participant
                                                    quote TomBlake:

Is it possible that the green car pictured in the right lane is our car? The ’37 Ford we ran was green and had while wall slicks. If this is possible I sure would like tThe Little Giant and Charlie Boucher’s Bad News cars were my favorite cars from back thano get a copy of that picture. . I also remember them being very fast cars. Loved those cars.
                                                    It doesn’t matter if Little Giant was faster and won the race, it would be amazing to have that picture for Bill and I to remember those days.

I did say these were “my favorite cars back than”. Just came across a bunch of pictures I didn’t know I had.
                                                    Bad News car – picture taken 10/65
                                                    Little Giant – picture taken 7/03/66

vbob
                                                    Participant

Hey
                                                        GREAT PICS !!
                                                        KEEP LOOKIN FOR MORE!!!!
                                                        Roger,the present owner of Bad News would love that pic to display with all the others he has of the truck!
                                                        Tryin to get George and Charlie on the forum!
                                                        They have pc’s But???

‘V’

tomblake
                                                        Participant

V Bob…..Surprising thing is I didn’t know I had these pictures till last night. Thought x wife through them away. I wish I could say up in the attic under…..but they were in an old dresser I had and haven’t looked in for years. I was up till 4:30 am looking at some of the old stuff. This site has really started lots of things that I didn’t think would ever get re-opened again.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Tom ….this is getting better each pic ya find….Might call on you to send those in 200 or more DPI to me Or send the prints for us to scan…I’m the “caretaker ” of all the photos coming in …and will be picking stuff for the “slide show” on the Big Video………………………..Opps …I let that cat out of the Bag …Oh well …..we’ll be doing a Chronological Slide Show And Spotlighting certin Fan-Freindly cars …plus some Spotlight Features on guys AND your stuff will fit in Great.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 131 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.