More on the ’37 B/A

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR More on the ’37 B/A

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Dino…Thanks, amazing to see some of the old stuff that we had no idea was around. I know you are busy and thanks for taking the time to post the pictures.
        Maso…..Thanks for your support also. It is surprising this thread has gone this far. We didn’t know we were in such popular company from back than. Company like the Terranzino’s and the Brazee’s, cool.
        It is nice that people take the time to share our old memories, things we haven’t thought about for more than forty years. I wish I had spent more time meeting and getting to know many of the folks on the site today.
        I know it has been said a hundred times or more but the old memories of Dover are great, thanks.

tomblake
        Participant

Just found a couple of pictures of the ’37’s engine on a temporary test stand. Not much of a budget back than. We were able to warm up the engine and set the valves before installation.

Attachments:

tomblake
            Participant

Dino….anything new on the video of the ’37? It does look like you have your hands full lately with all the new stuff coming in.

maso
                Participant
                    quote TomBlake:

Dino….anything new on the video of the ’37? It does look like you have your hands full lately with all the new stuff coming in.

Also…

George Brazee said that he would drop in here soon… but not yet.

bossguy

Tom,Did you paint the engine color on the 409? The choice of colors rang a bell with me, was that Jack Merkle or somebody on long Island that painted all their engines that color? Thanks, Jack Karl

tomblake
                        Participant

Krylon Red on this engine, back in those days I was lucky to be able to get the machine work and balancing done. Always assembled our own engines and transmissions.
                            Just talked to my daughter in MA, we talked about the Dover site and painting the engines. She remembered painting the engines red, orange and highlighting them with yellow. We borrowed the name of that scheme from another racer and we called it Psychodelic Mustard Puke.

maso
                            Participant
                                quote TomBlake:

More on the car…After we finished with the car it was purchased by a guy in Stratford CT that owned a body shop. He made that car a show piece. I couldn’t believe it was the same car. It was in the Hartford car show back than and that show was the biggest one I knew of at the time.
                                After the show I never saw the car again and lost track of it.

Thanks for asking
                                Tom Blake

Is anybody curious enough to try and locate this car. ’37 Fords don’t just disappear into oblivian, collectors keep them.

tomblake
                                Participant
                                    quote ANTHONY TERENZIO:

No he choped the roof off to make a roadster out of it and it did’nt work out too well
                                    I think I had a 401 nail head /ALSO I see you live in Lakland we will be in Bradenton for the points race February come by and see us
                                    will have the RYCO TA/FC we won this race last year. ANTHONY

Anthony & Gene

I would guess by now you are ready to head to Florida. Will be looking for you guys Saturday in Bradenton. Good luck this year, it would be great to see you guys repeat the win.

Tom

tomblake
                                    Participant

Maso….I don’t think anyone would be able to trace that car unless they knew the guy that owned the body shop.
                                        It was totally different from when we raced it. It was a real show piece after the complete rebuild as a hotrod. Red exterior paint, beautiful roll and pleat interior. There was nothing to identify it as it was before the transformation. Even I couldn’t believe it was the same car.

gene-terenzio-sr
                                        Participant
                                            quote TomBlake:

quote ANTHONY TERENZIO:

No he choped the roof off to make a roadster out of it and it did’nt work out too well
                                            I think I had a 401 nail head /ALSO I see you live in Lakland we will be in Bradenton for the points race February come by and see us
                                            will have the RYCO TA/FC we won this race last year. ANTHONY

Anthony & Gene

I would guess by now you are ready to head to Florida. Will be looking for you guys Saturday in Bradenton. Good luck this year, it would be great to see you guys repeat the win.

Tom

Just to clear this up, I have nothing to do with Anthony and Mikey Ferro’s TA/FC, I tune a G/P boat And a K boat” blown BBC’s
                                            I’ll be in Orlando second week in March with the flat bottom K boat, don’t know exactly where in Orlando but if any one is interested it’s FREE admission, and i will find out where and post it.

tomblake
                                            Participant

Tonight the ’37 Ford reached 1320 hits and that was the first picture that started this thread. That is amazing to me. The 1320 number has a familiar ring to it.

tomblake
                                                Participant

by Maso on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 am

dinotheweirdo wrote:
                                                    Tom…Found a gorgeous Shot of the Old Coupe in the Kevin Dunn Slides ! And about 5 shots of the famous “Patina” MG he’s restoring…Of note…sorted AGAIN to send out first 100 ….Shots of “Progression ” of Little Giant…from primer…with small front wheels to..larger spoked whells …to paint & Lettering. Also great wheelstand shots of “Bad News” and a bunch of Henry J’s…Smokeys !!! what color was it ? got about 4 ! Oh…super shots of Lagana’s coupe with battery up in the air…this is a TEASE ,telling you all this …’cause it takes a couple of weeks to send out AND ,I’m only doing 100 at a time …Unless we have a windfall in the “Sales” of ODF’s or Store stuff.

You’re really going to have an impressive photo archive…!

I remember seeing Lagana’s coupe with the battery mounted way up there. They must have told him that he couldn’t get away with that for safety reasons. There must be a story to go along with that.

The Blake/McWilliams coupe went from obscurity to DDS lagendary status because of us…eh…?

Copied the above here so Bill could follow this about the ’37.
                                                    Tried to reach him when the video was posted but no contact yet.
                                                    I know I have used the word amazing a lot of times since checking in on this Dover site but I have run out of good words that express the history that has come out about our ’37 B/A. Just amazing, thanks to all that have supplied the pictures and videos of that car.

gene-terenzio-sr
                                                    Participant

The teaser of tom blake and me racing , the question was asked in the begining of this tried, who won? did the teaser go to the finish line? if so who won? Gene.

maso
                                                        Participant
                                                            quote Gene Terenzio Sr.:

The teaser of tom blake and me racing , the question was asked in the begining of this tried, who won? did the teaser go to the finish line? if so who won? Gene.

Place your bets now…

Here’s another question for discussion: The Coupe’s W-Block ended up in the Modified Sportscar… and Gino’s nailhead ended up in the “Let It Fly” Altered… Did those cars ever line up together for a go at it…??? That might spark some memories…eh…?! 😆

dino
                                                            Keymaster

We’ll never know …Our ace photographer let go of the record button before the run was over…we see that a lot …But also see some really cool runs ,right out to, poppin the chutes and seeing win lights come on . I’ve previewed Hours & hours of this footage ….bye the way Gene…Wheres Your Film ??? We’ll dupe it and send right back …Oh that reminds me …got a big Reel comimg back any day ,we converted from,to DVD Bob McArthur …Maybe more of the coupe ????

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 131 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.