ROLL CALL ! Team Check -IN /2010 To Run

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2nd Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2010 ! ROLL CALL ! Team Check -IN /2010 To Run

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Can’t wait. I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed, I think my trailer is sold. Guy is supposed to bring me a bank check tomorrow morning. Might even buy my truck. We’ll see. If the deal goes through, I’ll be sending Dino up a check for the lettering for “Papa’s Toy”. ……………….Mikey 😆

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Mikey, I hope everything works out for you !
            Will you be buying an “open” trailer ?
            Frank…

mikey

Yes Frank, I’m shopping for one right now. 😀 The people came this morning with a bank check and bought the trailer AND the truck. 😮 So I will be looking for some type of tow vehicle too. 😯 Won’t need anything big, my Ford Ranger would tow the car on Rich’s open trailer(M&M). So for now, a good used SUV, or 4dr pick-up will do. Damn, that is really a load off my mind!! Now, if I can just get a full bore pass in on the 8th mile, I’ll head out to a quarter mile to see what happens.
                ………………..Mikey 😆

masracingtd1167
                Participant

What’s going on ? last year at this time all we could talk about was the BIG RACE ! Sure is quiet out there . My plan is to get that high m.p.h. trophy this year .Last year it was 183 . I have already gone faster than that this year .Hoping for my first six second run this year .I would love to do it at Island

mikey
                        quote masracingtd1167:

What’s going on ? last year at this time all we could talk about was the BIG RACE ! Sure is quiet out there . My plan is to get that high m.p.h. trophy this year .Last year it was 183 . I have already gone faster than that this year .Hoping for my first six second run this year .I would love to do it at Island

Hey Maso, I think everybody is just thrashing to get all their stuff done and ready. That’s what I’ve been doing, Getting the new trailer(new to me) ready to go, mount the generator, mount the winch, and check out all the lights, wiring , etc. etc. Going over the new(to me)tow vehicle, wiring for trailer, hitch, just a general check-over. The car just needs the rear coil-overs swapped out, and hopefully a trip to a quarter mile track for a pass or two. Hotel room reserved, good to go.
                        ………………..Mikey 😆

grampstoy

Hi! From new york. Ill be there with my 73 vega.Gramps Toy

patina
                            Participant

Gramps its about time you got on here, 😆 😆 Brother Mike and myself will be there leaving Saturday morning. I have some pictures of your car from the valley during the Div. 1 meet I’ll try and post them.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

How ’bout some old shots of the “TOY” got any?

……………..This weekend THis Entire Topic wil be cleaned up and organized.SO GET READY TO CHECK -IN!

dino
                                    Keymaster

by HVY70SS on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Bob Smith
                                        70 Chevelle SS-Vintage 1

rdelelle

Dino, we will be there to run. Rich & John Delelle. (we both have ’39 Chevy’s with SBC)

revinkevn

Hey Dino-I’m in for the 4-speed category. Remember me? I was the one in the 68 Mustang last year…..

Attachments:

patina
                                                Participant

Comp eliminator for us if all goes well. Picture from Patsy’ collection

Pat and Mike

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

…… I think this is just an update , will run at Island 25-26 sept ………. see you there …………. 😀

Attachments:

maso
                                                        Participant
                                                            quote mikey:

Hey Maso, I think everybody is just thrashing to get all their stuff done and ready. That’s what I’ve been doing, Getting the new trailer(new to me) ready to go, mount the generator, mount the winch, and check out all the lights, wiring , etc. etc. Going over the new(to me)tow vehicle, wiring for trailer, hitch, just a general check-over. The car just needs the rear coil-overs swapped out, and hopefully a trip to a quarter mile track for a pass or two. Hotel room reserved, good to go.
                                                            ………………..Mikey 😆

Huh…?!

ford88

Dusting off the cobwebbs hope to make it 1968 ranch blown 351-c 4-speed…RICH

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.