SCHLEGEL GETS HELLZAPOPPIN !

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION SCHLEGEL GETS HELLZAPOPPIN !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster
        dino
        Keymaster

HOW “BOUT A GROUP EFFORT TO SAVE IT AND HAVE AT SECOND NOSTALGIA DRAGS RESTORED ! Dragster Guys C’Mon !
            As of My Post Time …Here’s the progress:

Bidders:7 Bids:9 Time left: 4 days 9 hours 55 mins Duration:10 days

Bidder Bid Amount Bid Time
            5***k( 340) US $5,000.00 Nov-06-09 19:41:42 PST
            a***a( 827) US $3,500.11 Nov-06-09 17:07:07 PST
            5***s( 144) US $3,500.00 Nov-05-09 23:20:26 PST
            w***b( 468) US $3,000.00 Nov-06-09 10:11:52 PST
            4***4( 304) US $2,500.00 Nov-06-09 02:53:50 PST
            4***4( 304) US $2,000.00 Nov-06-09 02:53:15 PST
            w***b( 468) US $1,000.00 Nov-06-09 02:48:54 PST
            a***s( 762) US $500.00 Nov-05-09 20:50:48 PST
            2***k( 0 ) US $99.00 Nov-05-09 20:05:57 PST
            Starting Price US $99.00 Nov-05-09 20:00:00 PST

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

SOLD ! for $ 5250. Wonder were it went?

dino
                Keymaster

its this one…I think…Car missing a loop in cage that was sold.
                    heres a whole bunch …I ‘m confused: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1330&p=8227&hilit=abbott#p8227

Attachments:

bobby-s

Dino

brought her home today, all ready talked with Bobby LaRegina to reinstall the second loop,
                        looking for a sbc blower & injection system to bring the car back to her original looks,
                        saw a picture with port injection, Bob long gave me a picture of it that way,
                        here are pictures loading her on the trailer and in the diner parking lot.
                        hoping??? to have it repainted & blown by summer events, have more calls to make
                        but the chassis is in great shape for her age, the engine was freshened up a while back
                        started right up, no puff or anything.
                        Radiator shell hide a radiator, Bob Long had it for round robin racing at the valley (1/8th mile)
                        working on some way to cool her without the shell showing
                        make her look like the picture above

hope all goes as planned and have her at the reunion and race
                        can’t wait to see her on the starting line next to one of her friends from dover
                        few more pics to come

Bobby S.

Attachments:

bobby-s

more pics

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

BOBBY ! You Sneaky B*********D !!!!!….Great END to A Dover Legend Story ! Dover Guy gets Dover Original AND We all get to see it ! and watch the restoration! How Kool Is That

maso
                                Participant

That looks like a drivetrain from a … Flathead Ford…!

Has Doug Tippetts seen this…???

We need comments from both Doug Tippetts and Ron Abbott on this.

BTW; John Fico’s “Road Knights” A/D with the MoPar wedge is sitting in the museum in Ocala Fl.

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Bobby:
                                        Realy COOL the old cars are comming home! If you call Shogunn Industries and speak to Bill Shoquist who is the owner and a very good friend he may make a system that might just be what you are looking for, a lay down setup for Comp cars. Tell him you are a friend and he may give you a better price if not I would be happy to get it for you at my cost plus S&H. They are a small company and are old time racers too. Bill is a very techincal person (mechanical engineer) and has helped me with my cooling and electrial systems over the years. He may even remember Dover.
                                        Rich
                                        PS: I remember racing those/that car in the eliminations hated knowing they were behind me ( in what lane??)

Bill Shoquist
                                        Shoegunn Enginering Inc.
                                        31294 Aston road
                                        Cushing, Mn 56443
                                        1-800-527-5665 or tech line 1-218-575-2195
                                        Web: http://www.shogunsystems.com

dino
                                        Keymaster

OLD SPEED EQUIPMENT ? Remember when Video Bob visited “Don’s “?
                                            http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1566

“Video Bob was given the tour of the Attic (He likes Attics) and “upstairs …is loaded with all kinds off “old Skool” parts…injection manifolds ,superchargers and what Bob said was some pretty remarkable stuff. V-Bob was so impressed, he’s planning a return visit ,with all his camera Equipment so we can all have a ‘walk-through” video tour …how awesome is That”
                                            Don’s Automotive Specialties
                                            Address: 2193 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111
                                            Phone #: (860) 666-9156

hvy70ss
                                            Participant

HOLY S-IT!! Now that’s cool. Talk about recycling! Bobby…great to here one of (if not “the”) Dover’s most historic cars is staying “home”. Good luck with it. Hope you can run it at one of the “Team Dover” events in 2010 before the 2nd annual race.

Bobby Smith

patina
                                                Participant

Bobby S. Congratulations I wanted to bid on car but have no money, glad to see it going to a Dover Racer. Contact me regarding a blower set-up 845-758-8756

Pat

randy-fish
                                                        quote BOBBY S.:

working on some way to cool her without the shell showing make her look like the picture above Bobby S.

Congrats, Bobby! Hey, why dontcha run it on alcohol? That oughta keep it cool for a while without the extra plumbing.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Push It a lot and Fire it like they did in the old days ???

bobby-s

Just got in from measuring & seeing what little major work she needs,
                                                                Rich I’ll contact your friends shop for any info & ideas will keep you up-dated,
                                                                Randy, thought about the ALKI route but will have to see the differance safety items
                                                                needed to have the car on display and just running for the fans with gas or alki
                                                                sure the chassis it not up to tech requirements for racing on gas or alki when blown,
                                                                can’t wait to get it out in with the group and showing more of Dover memories.
                                                                Thank all for your help & support,

Bobby S.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 147 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.