SCHLEGEL GETS HELLZAPOPPIN !

Forums Misc Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION SCHLEGEL GETS HELLZAPOPPIN !

Viewing 12 posts - 136 through 147 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 1295
      quote BOBBY S.:

Maso… got mucho history on her at the yonkers raceway show… Bobby S.

Tell me about that… What does the Yonkers Raceway have to do with dragsters…? I was born and raised in the shadow of the Yonkers Raceway.

hearse-bill
      • Total Posts: 91

Wow…I say /..wow…….you did that car soooooooo proud……came out truely awsome….applause…aplause…….love..it…and thank you soooo much for the T shirts…I will wear it proudly…..gret job…..

maso
        Participant

This thread started 15 pages ago with Dino alerting us to the fact that Ron Abbott’s first “Helzapoppin” car has been found on E-Bay…

Then Bob Schlegal takes an interest in it and ends up buying it and making a masterfull and timely restoration of it.

It just seems like this thread, after 15 pages should end with a picture that is worth a thousand words:

Here t’is:

End of story. 😆

dino
          Keymaster
          • Total Posts: 11511

Bobby’s tricked up helmut…ready for the Race-Show…No -thats not him in there…camera freak took photos of his own eyes and stuck the prints behind the googles 😯 .Its sitting on a table ….nice silver leaf work & pinstriping by ‘Howie”.

Attachments:

maso
            Participant

I think that Bob Schlegel and everybody else here will like to see this fairly well detailed biographical sketch of Dode Martin with an excellent array of old photographs that I found at:

http://www.hotrod.com/news/1409-the-dode-martin-story/

💡

This sketch is really interesting…

bobby-s
              • Total Posts: 700

MASO, thanks for posting, I have parts of this now, this is one of the full stories I have been told about and now I have it. Thank you.

maso
                Participant
                  quote BOBBY S.:

MASO, thanks for posting, I have parts of this now, this is one of the full stories I have been told about and now I have it. Thank you.

Will you make it to the Bowling Green Hot Rod Reunion with it the Dragmaster June 18-20th…?

This sketch is really interesting…

bobby-s
                  • Total Posts: 700

MASO, will not be at BG, can not get a crew to handle 2 dragsters. Not enough buddies retired yet, will have them at Darwins York show, Epping, NH and the valley.

patina
                    Participant
                    • Total Posts: 2206

Bobby give me some info on the York show, I’m thinking about taking the MG. It ran at York when they had the Div.1 race in around 65.

Pat

maso
                      Participant

Oh c’mon…!

Get yourself in a caravan and make it to Kentucky and bring the Boucher truck with you for the “Big Time” stuff that’s here.

I wanna see the “Bad News” truck lined up against the MG again, just for old time sake… 😆
                        It wouldn’t be the first time… would it…???

http://www.NHRAMuseum.org/reunions

patina
                        Participant
                        • Total Posts: 2206

Maso what we need is a big time sponsor to take the “Original Dover Drag Car Group” on the road in a stacker rig to all the shows and races then we just show up get in them and drive.

Pat

maso
                          Participant
                            quote patina:

Maso what we need is a big time sponsor to take the “Original Dover Drag Car Group” on the road in a stacker rig to all the shows and races then we just show up get in them and drive. Pat

That sounds like a job for a big time Public Relations effort…
                            It could be done.

Viewing 12 posts - 136 through 147 (of 147 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.