STORMVILLE AIRPORT CONCEPT who knows ???

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION STORMVILLE AIRPORT CONCEPT who knows ???

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Can’t Jump the gun here …Differant strokes for differant folks. From what I ‘ve gathered …the Property owner knows Nothing about Racing…Probably doesn’t Want to know…Has A lot (LOT) of other property and is content to “Sit” on it….Has the property next to it , that he does some kind of Hunting Reserve Thing with …and if we Bother him TOO much …the Door could be Slammed Forever (Say- Huge barbed wire fences).

thekidd312

bug boy idea is great if you could get the real dover site. think about it dove back that does not happen. he is rite there are alot of drag racer in the area. too bad they could get togeater for bench racing some place once now and then. lpots of us was born dragracers and will die dragracers. well any way it goes ill help. billy the kidd bender.

dover1320

Dover’s Mayor here I grew up in Stormville and new the old owners. I was at a big cars show there in 07 and had them announce that up coming Dover show. IT’s a great spot to have anything. There show was very big and lots of venders. All we need is a tower and get Dino in it !.

jimv

i think we shouldn’t give up on stormville.i was just talking to the lady i know who lives right past the prison & her comment was “that would be cool”.how many runways are there? maybe we could tuck way back into the woods.
                    also is there any oval tracks around there? sometimes they can put a 1/8 mile strip in without too much hassle.
                    JimV

jmb442

someone way smarter than me once said, “nothing is impossible”. Reopening the original Dover site is an
                        idea thats crossed everyones mind and if it was allowed to happen, that would be the best place. But if the same
                        forces that closed it down are still intact…. I think Dino’s idea of another location is great. The idea of Drag Racing
                        at a unestablished location is fantastic. Stormville or maybe some other unknown,unused,undiscovered section of
                        pavement, hidden away and waiting to be the new fun spot just like I’m sure the original Dover was. Well, thats my two cents.

jimv

I was just checking the aireal view of the airport & appears to have a 3000 ft. runway, & a smaller road running with it which would make a excellant return road, check it out on http://www.maps.live.com
                            JimV

tomblake
                            Participant

Small road next to the runway is a taxiway, big enough for airplanes so you are right it would be a good return road.

anonymous

Hi Guys,

I don’t think that you would be able to get insurance. I agree with bugboy, to close to houses. The big problem I see is that you would need concrete barriers and fences along the track on both sides along with a shut down safety area with sand and nets. Then maybe you might get insurance. I would not run my car on a track without that. That is just a few of the problems I see.

Andy

dino
                                    Keymaster

Think we’re going with Old Dover site Idea to Get it or Completely eliminate possibilty for sure Before we go to plan ‘B’… Right guys ?….But the question for ANY place is ….How has insurance reqierments changed to present Day? I remember when we ran our Car Shows (Danbury Airport),we paid like 250. for a MILLION coverage liability.(One Day Coverage) ..not like a season for a track. Not an insurance person …Maybe someone on forum is.Check companies that specialize in this stuff. Lot of hurdles ..one at a time …need for professional proposal presentation.

bug-boy

what we need to do is put together a buisness plan. I’m going to talk to NHRA and IHRA for what we have to do to get senchaned. I will also contack the governers office to get some type of info on what needs to be done for this to happen in NY state. also the income for the area in a recssion will go up with putting the track in the origanal location. there is so mutch to benafit from this in all types of levels.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Sanction.?..Thats for a Full time track? Thats going way too far… too fast…Govenors office ? ya need to talk to Economic developement …But who’s talkin about a multi-million dollar investment when you don’t own any property, and NOTHING has been approved ? Lets do one thing a time …Ol BugBoy’s raring to go here …Whoa Boy! (Loss lips -sink ships…SHHHHH lets keep this quiet )…all ya need is one powerfull person to squash the whole thing. NHRA just had 7 deaths in one season ..Insurance will go nuts .

bug-boy

we need to get all our ducks in a row to make a busness plain and for when we do aproach the higher ups about this. but i wont do any thing till i get the go a head. but I’ll be like the rabit on the starting line with this wating for the gun shot.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

BugBoy…I’m on it Right now….Doing a ” Dover CSI ” on Current Owner of property…If what I’ve found so far Is true…This will be a hard sell. But …..Anything is possible. The original owners didn’t know too much about racing when they started either.

bobby-s

Lets not destroy the ANNUAL REUNION Mark & Grover
                                                            put on, as mentioned in another message
                                                            they will have up-dated info for the 2009 reunion
                                                            on Jan 10th. 😀

BOBBY S.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Bobby ‘s Right here…The Reunion IS the REUNION…Case Closed ! Thats The Smokey & Grover Show For sure and remains a Stable well structured event on it’s Own….and has Nothing to do with A Race Track – aka Running Cars. Same for DOVER-FEST …Its just a social Inside Get-Together and for the lack of anything better was called “Reunion-PARTY” The Thought Crossed my mind to” Run ‘Em “…some how -some place …And not just a SideShow at Another track Jammed into a regular “event” But Dover ONLY seperate- Place and theme…. even just if “exhibition style burn-outs “or 1/8 mile .We could Call it our Own. Stormville got brought up and so did a bunch of other stuff….. and the input ran into a bunch of Good and interesting directions .And some things not too Do-Able …. More info coming in ….BE PATIENT

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.