STORMVILLE AIRPORT CONCEPT who knows ???

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION STORMVILLE AIRPORT CONCEPT who knows ???

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Brian!…Got ahold of “our Wingdale contact”…we’ll call him “Landscape Louie”

dover1320

Louie is a rooted in town since day one and is well connected and cool. Good luck.

dino
            Keymaster

Ok ….I just got off the phone with James Muncey….Current owner of the Dover property. Pretty cool guy ,who filled me in on the old gravel & peat moss situation and who said we could have access to the property—-> IF …we just respectfully give him a polite request in advance …so he doesn’t think theres a bunch of jerks trespassing for ill intent. Thats just the right way to do things. He does understand our “link to the site” and our memories ….he actually went to the track when he was 12 . He does have plans to develope the property , but no details at this time. I invited him to Dover-Fest ,but he’ll be out of town ,on that date or would have come. Next step on any ideas would be to research long and hard and put together a proposal…for any location…..right now we just have dreams without substance. More talk of this at Dover-fest. Move slow ,cautious, and have sound planning. Told him to check out the site (forum)…he hadn’t seen it yet.

tomblake
                Participant

Dino….Pretty cool, If James went to the track when he was 12 he might be surprised at the people you are representing. Not just kids but older men and women that like acting like kids with their toys. That’s not meant in a bad way. He might be pleasantly surprised that it is grown ups not just young kids out to raise hell and destroy things.
                    Keep up the good work. It is starting to sound almost too good to be true but it is in the right direction.

dino
                    Keymaster

Let me clarify that “Access” to the property , was assumed to be ,just walking around for an afternoon stroll, of reminising….pretty much of whats been done in the past (‘course Brian’s Last unofficial Run-blows that ,right out of the water)…and …With NO vehicles attemping fire burnouts. Didn’t discuss any possibilty of events, picnics, static shows or building a track…so don’t don’t get your hopes up ……………………………………………………………….yet

tomblake
                        Participant

OH……………………………………………….OK

Right me and 231 others, we won’t get our hopes up…yet……RIGHT. 😀 😀 😀

rodz927
                            Participant

IT WOULD BE EXCELLENT TO HAVE THE DOVER SITE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN AS A DRAGSTRIP,,,,IT WOULD TAKE ALOT OF WORK ,MONEY,AND CONVINCING,,,,BUT IN THE END IT WOULD ALL BE WORTH IT,,,,JUST THINK,,,,SIMPLE TRACK WITH LOCAL HOT RODS RUNNING IN DAYLIGHT ONLY,,,I WAS JUST UP THERE WITH MY SON,,,TOOK PICTURES OF WHAT REMAINS,,,ALSO TOOK A PIECE OF TRACK ,,,,,JUST FOR OLD TIMES SAKE,,,WHEN THERE YOU COULD JUST IMAGINE THE TRACK THERE AGAIN,,,IT WOULD KEEP ALOT OF THE YOUG KIDS OFF THE STREET RACING SCENE,,,,I AM UP FOR THE CHALLENGE,,,ANYONE LISTENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dino
                                Keymaster

Wow…Step one with anything -INSURANCE …Grover Said Insurance Rates they requested for alternative Reunion site (If Ness.) ran between 1000-3000 PER DAY. Got some calls into Track owners I know , to See what they get nailed with …takes time for all this guys .IHRA tracks and I guess NHRA, have to go through “The Approved Insurance Co.” of the sanctioning body…Independants can shop around.

dino
                                    Keymaster

http://www.roadsters.com/insurance/#race …Link to every major Race Track-special Event Insuracne Co—LINK LIST .
                                        ‘Wisenberg.com’ is who IHRA uses ..when ya go to it, you see its Wells Fargo. Didn’t have time to check ’em all out…there’s also K&K and others found at Google—-> type in: Race Track Insurance.

dino
                                        Keymaster

This sure fizzled out fast ….My, you guys get discouraged….? it ain’t over til the fat lady sings…who ever she is…we’ll pick up on this at Dover-Fest for sure, with a lively discussion …HuH?

tomatohead
                                            Participant

I “hate” to start this up again “but” Dino I think that someone who knows how to talk to or use the “right” approach should take this up with the owner first so someone doesnt spoil it from the start….. you know someone with the smooth to talk about at least having a Dover Reunion they insteat of at Marcis becuase there is just more room ……. and yes it could just come up at the Dover-Fest ………..so what does everbody think ??? or is it a “bad” idea having the reunion at a different location ?? …………………………………… and if its possible to have a Dover Drag meet at Island or Lebanon maybe we could have some “old” Dover trophys made up ??? for the winners ??? ………….I raced at Dover but never won !!!!

dino
                                                Keymaster

REUNION is Hands off—-Thats Smokey & Grovers Baby…I’ll be making a “presentation” at Dover-Fest of all we’ve discussed here so Stand -by…We’ll video It….I’de need three pages to explain and I’de probably get Timed out.

Hint: read all 5 pages here and try to get the main theme.
                                                    Main problem…dealing with someone ELSE’S Property…they (anyplace) could care less Unless they can make a buck and not be sued.

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

OK I understand now Thanks ! tomato

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Just for kicks…Anybody on here involved with Paving and Land Engineering ..need some “Spec’s 😎 …..what IF…… you had a “Landing Strip” for hunters to fly in with a van to transport them to “the Lodge” …..and maybe the “strip” would be available for “extra-curricular ” activities …gotta think ‘Out Of the Box ‘.

cullyflower
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Just for kicks…Anybody on here involved with Paving and Land Engineering ..need some “Spec’s 😎 …..what IF…… you had a “Landing Strip” for hunters to fly in with a van to transport them to “the Lodge” …..and maybe the “strip” would be available for “extra-curricular ” activities …gotta think ‘Out Of the Box ‘.

Dino In the sixties and seventies my brother and I had an excavating and paving business. Then until I retired this
                                                                year I was involved with projects for the company that I worked for. The hardest part of rebuilding the track would
                                                                be getting approval to do it. A site plan that deals with all areas for concern addressing environmental issues a
                                                                traffic impact study may be needed this all cost money. This is upfront money that if it fails to get passes you have
                                                                spent for nothing in return.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.