STORMVILLE AIRPORT CONCEPT who knows ???

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION STORMVILLE AIRPORT CONCEPT who knows ???

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    cullyflower

There is a guy in york county Pa. trying to open a drag strip on a small private airport that he purchased. The neighbors
        are pretty upset about the thought of having a dragstrip in the neighborhood. This would be a replacement for York us30.
        The public meetings are starting this month so it will be interesting to see how he does.

cullyflower

Was there time to discuss this at Doverfest? ❓ ❓ ❓

dino
            Keymaster

No it was a three ring circus !…BUT found out we have a N.Y.C. Real Estate Lawyer on the forum…and we had quite the talk …biggest problem (Along with the rest of the economy) is INSURANCE.

masracingtd1167
                Participant

Let’s put a race together this summer Island? Lebanon ? Video Bob’s driveway!!Top Dragster match race My son BJ against Al Hoffman’s son Lee valentine’s son against the MOREHEAD’S Mickey Ferro against Victor Tirenzio Digger Dave and me.Dover tribute car against the old Beeline car and a special match race Billy Griffin IN HIS DRAGSTER against Billy Casey in the grand am.I guess i’me getting a little carried away too many welding fumes ! Dino would have to announce Let’s Race!

dino
                    Keymaster

I’m in ! no *@#*+*# Snow – Ice – Cold ……………..Would make the trip for that .

tomatohead
                        Participant

I WANT TO RACE TOO ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ I am not putting my car together to look at it !!! How do we go about this ????? ……………………………..can we have some clases for others as well ?? If we had a race at some track could we like use a rule book from like 1976 the last year Dover was up and runninig ??? that way we could have dragsters altereds gas class modified production class super/stock and stock class and have a King run off in the end ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ …………………………….tomato

billy-casey
                                quote masracingtd1167:

Let’s put a race together this summer Island? Lebanon ? Video Bob’s driveway!!Top Dragster match race My son BJ against Al Hoffman’s son Lee valentine’s son against the MOREHEAD’S Mickey Ferro against Victor Tirenzio Digger Dave and me.Dover tribute car against the old Beeline car and a special match race Billy Griffin IN HIS DRAGSTER against Billy Casey in the grand am.I guess i’me getting a little carried away too many welding fumes ! Dino would have to announce Let’s Race!

Hi Billy Mass : great idea … Griffin will most likely foul or leave very late so i’ll just go up in the stands and watch 😆 😆 😆 Billy

vbob
                                Participant

Hey

OK
                                    We know something ‘ IS ‘
                                    Going to happen ‘SOMWHERE ‘ ‘SOMETIME SOON’ !!!
                                    Sooo,I would suggest, you get your act together,Build a car ,borrow a car, if you want to be a part of this Dover Drag Strip Sunday afternoon drag race !!
                                    How BIG will this be, that’s anyones guess!!
                                    But Me, I, will have some kind of drag car there!!
                                    This will only happen once in our lifetime !!

Lets get it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

‘V’ Bob

bob-lasko
                                    Participant

Well, lets get some think going,this way we can get Casey in Griffens car and show us hows its done. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :ugeek:

cullyflower

My last visit to Island Dragway was 1971 It’s time for another visit. As others have suggested it would be a good place
                                            to hold the Dover reunion drags. Lets pick a date that doesn’t conflict with any of the nostalga races at E-town, Atco,
                                            Maple Grove and any other norhteast tracks and get ahold of Islands owner and get the track rented.

dino
                                            Keymaster

TIME TO START A NEW TOPIC….LIKE ” 1st Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS” All current Race car owners would be one group in the planning board.The rest could be advisers to set up advertising,classes ,fees , expenses and all the rest of the “administration”. Count me in for helping in wait I do . Pick the right guy for the right job. THIS (Stormville Concept) topic could continue with it’s “theme”Here .Someone has to pick up the ball and be the “Organizing” leader. I have Started it in A whole New Forum Heading ! This is a race date NOT a Reunion-Show.

tomatohead
                                                Participant

……….. well youve come along way BABY 😀 ❗ , …… like from the FIRST DOVER RACE to the 4Th ❗ ❗ at Lebanon Valley 😀 ❗ ………………………………………………….. thanks Dino 😀 ❗ ………………. attenion in the pits ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗

dino
                                                    Keymaster
                                                        quote VBOB:

Hey

OK
                                                        We know something ‘ IS ‘
                                                        Going to happen ‘SOMWHERE ‘ ‘SOMETIME SOON’ !!!
                                                        Sooo,I would suggest, you get your act together,Build a car ,borrow a car, if you want to be a part of this Dover Drag Strip Sunday afternoon drag race !!
                                                        How BIG will this be, that’s anyones guess!!
                                                        But Me, I, will have some kind of drag car there!!
                                                        This will only happen once in our lifetime !!

Lets get it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

‘V’ Bob

THIS WAS SO ….Well “PROPHETIC!

you new guys …see the whole topic from beginning

hvy70ss
                                                        Participant

Anybody know what’s happening currently @ Stormville? Ain’t heard a thing. ❓

Smitty

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

………. flea markets ❗ 😀 are up and running ❗ 😀 ……check there website for the details ❗ 😀 ………. my wife and kids and I have been there this year too 😀 ❗

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.