The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

got this today from Darwin, maybe other already saw it, he was our Div. 1 official, lets give him some support on this.

Group:

The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing located at the Latimore Valley Fairgrounds on US 15 between Gettysburg and Dillsburg, PA has recently completed a 6000 square foot expansion. Within the expansion will be an exclusive area dedicated to drag racing and I have been designated the curator for the area and will be working directly with Larry Garland 2nd Vice President and Lynn Paxton President to present a great drag racing area at the museum. The Holiday Open House is December 3rd and the Grand Opening of the new expanded area in the museum is March 31, 2012. We are looking for items to place on the walls of the drag racing area. Items from our drag strips in the East, large photos, memorabilia items of all kinds to present a meaningful display of drag racing to the visitors. We have confirmed eight race cars for the grand opening in March which will be announced in a future news release. We want to show our pride with our new area and how much drag racing has contributed to the motor racing arena. Anyone wishing to donate any items will be given a receipt for them. Items will be accepted on loan or permanent the choice of the donor. We have paid our dues over the years and now it is our time to be in the limelight with the AJ Foyt’s, Chris Economacki’s, the Andretti’s etc. We want to make our fraternity proud to be included with the best of ‘em. We would like to have the items in place by March 15th. We realize it is a bit of short notice to have it completed for the Holiday Open House, but anything we can include by then will likewise be appreciated. Thanks for being a major part of our history!
        Contact me at anytime if I can assist in anyway! Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Darwin Doll

don-kauer
            quote BOBBY S.:

got this today from Darwin, maybe other already saw it, he was our Div. 1 official, lets give him some support on this.
            Hey Bobby…Give me an address…I’ll send him something…..Don…

Group:

The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing located at the Latimore Valley Fairgrounds on US 15 between Gettysburg and Dillsburg, PA has recently completed a 6000 square foot expansion. Within the expansion will be an exclusive area dedicated to drag racing and I have been designated the curator for the area and will be working directly with Larry Garland 2nd Vice President and Lynn Paxton President to present a great drag racing area at the museum. The Holiday Open House is December 3rd and the Grand Opening of the new expanded area in the museum is March 31, 2012. We are looking for items to place on the walls of the drag racing area. Items from our drag strips in the East, large photos, memorabilia items of all kinds to present a meaningful display of drag racing to the visitors. We have confirmed eight race cars for the grand opening in March which will be announced in a future news release. We want to show our pride with our new area and how much drag racing has contributed to the motor racing arena. Anyone wishing to donate any items will be given a receipt for them. Items will be accepted on loan or permanent the choice of the donor. We have paid our dues over the years and now it is our time to be in the limelight with the AJ Foyt’s, Chris Economacki’s, the Andretti’s etc. We want to make our fraternity proud to be included with the best of ‘em. We would like to have the items in place by March 15th. We realize it is a bit of short notice to have it completed for the Holiday Open House, but anything we can include by then will likewise be appreciated. Thanks for being a major part of our history!
            Contact me at anytime if I can assist in anyway! Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Darwin Doll

dino
            Keymaster

BRIAN & I are sending DOVER things!

bobby-s

Don, Got contact & mailing info from Darwin, 😉

Bobby:

They can send their stuff to me at P.O. Box 3675, York, PA 17402-0136 or
                    1801 N. Sherman St., York, PA 17406-2020.
                    You can use this email address,
                    mcmyork02@comcast.net
                    Any authentic signs are certainly welcome. Thanks.
                    It is our time to shine!
                    Darwin

dino
                    Keymaster

Me got Signs!…and a Photos I’ll print and send.

don-kauer

After some careful thought and talks with the Casey family the famed Yonkers Smirk Speed Casey helmut will be on loan and sent to the Eastern Museum, Attn: Darwin Doll, along with some pics and some other Drag Racing Goodies early next week………Billy would be very proud and honored 😎 🙂 PS …….I’ve just noticed the number of my posts is 911….Casey you’re still stirring up a storm. 😆 😆 .Love you Brother 🙂

patina
                            Participant

Don excellent decision 😀

Pat

dino
                                Keymaster

Good move Don…Our resident Geek-‘Papasmurph’ just happens to work 9-5 in a print shop.Having him print up big photos from our archives to send. one of course will be the Pumpkin, to go with the Helmet. And Brian has some Duplicate Trophys . AND from My good buddy in Florida ,I’m Sending the Grady & Gommi T-Shirt.

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

OPEN HOUSE DEC.3…. so get the stuff in the mail! scrool up for address

bobby-s

Don thank you for talking to the Casey family & sending it to the museum,
                                            as you mentioned Billy is smiling will be there when any ODF goes there to see the museum & Dover display. Dino those items will be the talk of the museum, Darwin talked about the track when I was at the York show this year. He will be proud of the support from the # 1 track in Div.1. I will be putting together a collage of the girl when she was in the early days with the injected motor, not to many of those pictures out there, I will include the ones I got of her the day of the accident when she did the wheely` and in he ditch all bent, to go with the pictures from Dover disc on the trailer. This is going to be GREAT.

bobby-s

Pictures of the drag racing section from the museum, my 1/2 center track banner from the first dover race at island will be on the railing above the light weight ford, my other stuff I took there will be on the wall. Darwin has a LOT of stuff there already as you can see, with more ready to be brought out, and still coming into him. Dino, Brian got your stuff you said that was going there ready yet 😳

The rest of the museum is awesome with a lot of history and actual dirt oval track cars and bikes on display, no shabby stuff the real thing, well worth the trip, maybe make a ODF day there, they are always looking for events on the grounds.

enjoy
                                                Bobby

(2 more pics coming,)

Attachments:

bobby-s

thats all folks 🙄 🙁 , the rest I have are of the other KOOL stuff there. 😯

Attachments:

don-kauer

Hey V………You’re the one with all the awesome pics…..Maybe you can sent the museum some on loan 😎 😎 😎

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Bobby…my stuff Sent Fri.

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Bobby,I too sent two 8×10 photos Friday to Darwin,via snail mail.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.