The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

Thanks guys, it is some place where the dover memory can be sceen by a lot of motor sport people, it will look great with the banner from the first race on the railing and all the items the ODF’s send there, we plan to make a trip there when doing a show in york next year.

Bobby

don-kauer

Bobby……..I received a really nice E-mail from Darwin……The Casey items are on the way…………I will be going there opening day………..Don…..

babycakes
            Participant

I went on line to check out the sight,and if you were into ‘stock’ cars also (roundy-rounds) like I was for just a few years as a pit man,this museum has ‘alot’ of stock car memorbilia that will bring you pleasure to go back to the 60’s and 70’s with the ole coupes and coach bodies!

bobby-s

talked to Graig, one of the members there and was told stuff coming to Darwin few times a week,
                    should be awesome when it opens in March. I have some items to pick up of dover memory to go THERE
                    so it can be sceen by all, by owners request.

maso
                    Participant

I have an origional NHRA decal for the 1962 Nationals at Indy. This decal was given to me by a close friend who was a high level NHRA official at the time, Harry Steele.

Does Darwin Doll want it…?

bobby-s

Maso, if you can get a real good photo copy of it, I’m sure darwin will be happy to display it for you. By doing a copy you get to KEEP the original for YOUR keep sake. When I brought my stuff there a fellow racer from PA had real good copied stuff from national races in PA & NJ from the 60’s. He show the originals and was real hard to tell the difference when on the table. Contact Darwin with the details you mentioned, sure he will be happy to display the items for you.
                            Bobby S.

maso
                            Participant

This is it… off of my scanner.

I think that I have some other different ones around here.

bobby-s

Looks good, take some time and put a package together, than call Darwin, sure he has a section to add yous to.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Sent the guys a Photo Disc with all 3000 shots,the first new Garlits poster,the Gommi shirt with printed out photos and stories of Dover by Gommi himself.And of course all our Poster Series with decals from all the 3 nostalgia races.Bunch of other stuff including copy of grand opening ad in Danbury News Times.

bobby-s

Thanks Dino,
                                            with Caseys helmet, and all the other items being sent along with my stuff & banner from the first race,
                                            DOVER will be well displayed 😀 :shock:. Sure Darwin appreciates all the items from all the ODF’s sending stuff.
                                            Opening day will be awesome for sure, hope the weather is good so some of us can be there & get pictures for the site again.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Darwin Doll Called Today to thank me andall the rest of you for sending stuff. He’ll be at Museum tomorrow setting up the “Dover’ Area ! Was totally amazed at the relics we have uncovered. Copy of Grand Opening Ad from Roger Garren blew him away. He’s spending some time tonight to wade through all the photos on the Historical disc, AND ….(drum roll please)…Has invited me to set up a ‘Dover Booth’ at the York Reunion and wants all of you that can make it, to display your cars! race em too on Sunday at Beaver Springs. I’m going !

maso
                                                Participant

FYI:

http://www.emmr.org/

😀

hvy70ss
                                                    Participant

Hey Guys,
                                                        This place really looks great. Any plans for an ODF roadtrip visit in the spring?

Smitty

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY
                                                            Do I smell a road trip to PA.?
                                                            Its over 5 hours from Waterbury!
                                                            What would a charter from say Wingdale cost ???
                                                            Im sure lots of ODF’s have been on bus trips to ball games,you know the routine,coolers,snacks movie etc.!! OH< what else is there to see or do on the way or close by ???
                                                            Anyone have contacts with a bus service in the area ?
                                                            http://www.seeyouonthebus.com/
                                                            ‘V’

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Smitty and V Bob,sounds like a plan.When you figure gas,and possible tolls,not to mention driving fatigue for that distance,it may be ‘cheaper’,and ‘definately’ more of a ‘relaxing’ trip by utilizing a ‘bus’! Have to get a head count who’s going,then a price from the bus service.Without a doubt,all that are ‘serious’ that want to go,”MONEY” up front,and “NO” refunds if you cancel out on this deal! Just gotta pick a good time to go for all,and stick to it! Please let’s have some imput from the ODF members on there thoughts of interest,hiring a bus….or?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.