The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    bossguy

I’d be up for that bus trip, you know must of us need an afternoon nap. the ride back would be perfect LOL. Perhaps instead of Big Als winter reunion?

bobby-s

schedule opening date for the 2012 season is March 31st a saturday
            as Darwins mentioned in his original letter,

babycakes
            Participant

Thanks Bobby for the Grand Opening date in March,should be a ‘great’ show I’m sure,also it’ll be cool to see the ’roundy-roundy’ (stock cars,and sprints) displays they have also!

bobby-s

just got this from Darwin today, any questions about it his contact info is on the flyer,
                    I sent him 3 more t’s from the old canada races & my friend Tommy send an NHRA tech shirt from ’71 nationals @ indy when he was there with Castaldo with the ss car.
                    later
                    Bobby S.
                    ———————————————————————————————————————————

Darwin sent this out today, 1-29-12,

You can be part of our history at the Grand Opening of the new expanded drag racing annex at the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing. This is a once in a lifetime event and there will only ever be one Grand Opening on Saturday, March 31st at 10 a.m. Activities will include photo
                    unveilings by Bill “Grumpy” Jenkins and Ronnie Sox by Diane Sox. An outside display of an array of drag and muscle cars and a “cackling thunder” start up. A momentous occasion for one and all. Further news coming via news releases. This is a preliminary notice to whet your
                    appetite. Please make copies and pass them around to your friends of the attached flyer. Remember, you can’t buy momentous occasions they come along spontaneously! Hope to see you there!

Darwin Doll

Attachments:

babycakes
                    Participant

I got a ‘flyer’ too this week Bobby,nice of Darwin to send me one.This is a ‘must see’ place to go to after it opens!

bobby-s

in case you missed the first notice of this event;

You can be part of our history at the Grand Opening of the new expanded drag racing annex at the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing. This is a once in a lifetime event and there will only ever be one Grand Opening on Saturday, March 31st at 10 a.m. Activities will include photo unveilings by Bill “Grumpy” Jenkins and Ronnie Sox by Diane Sox. An outside display of an array of drag and muscle cars and a “cackling thunder” start up. A momentous occasion for one and all. Further news coming via news releases. This is a preliminary notice to wet your appetite.
                            Please make copies and pass them around to your friends of the attached flyer. (scroll up to see this,)
                            Remember, you can’t buy momentous occasions they come along spontaneously! Hope to see you there!

Darwin Doll

cullyflower

Hey If you get the bus trip together you should stop on the way home at the Shady Maple smorgasboard in east earl, pa.
                                Its located about tem miles from maple grove dragway so you can keep it in mind if you are in the area and like to eat.

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

Thanks Cully!!
                                    Ive been there and done it!!
                                    Closed on Sundays and if its your birthday ya eat for free!!!What a deal!!!
                                    I figure it would be a 5 hr trip from Wingdale.gotta do some home work and see if we can pull this off !!

‘V’

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY
                                        I sent a request in for info on a charter bus from JTR CHARTERS in Dover Plains,N.Y. to leave out of Windale or Dover Plains!!
                                        THIS IS JUST TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST US !!!
                                        A charter bus holds 23, 47 and 56 ODF’s!I guess that would include the beer coolers and 6 foot grinders and chips !!!One day trip on March 31st!!!Leave early get back late.Permission slips will be needed from some of you!! NO ,you wont need a passport to enter PA!!!!

I’ll post more as I hear it!!
                                        ‘V’

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY
                                            If this works and everyone behaves maybe down the road we can do ODF bus trips to Hershey ,Carlisle etc.!

‘V’

masracingtd1167
                                            Participant

Thought you guy’s night find this interesting . I was told by Bob Kieser that the Shady Maple refused to serve some of our servicemen who went to eat there wearing there uniforms . We used to go there all the time until we heard about this from Bob . I guess they have something against the army and war .

don-kauer

Maybe we should stop there anyway and show them what some older vets think of the way they are treating our boys…I think that would be FUN!!!!!!!

cullyflower

The shady Maples website addresses this claim that servicemen were denied service. I am a frequent customer
                                                        at shady maple and have seen soldiers in uniform eating there. The local tv station investigated asking people
                                                        posting this were you there and witnessed this? All answered no but they heard about it and forwarded it.
                                                        Did bob kaiser see it or did he just hear about it? I have seen military personel eating there.

masracingtd1167
                                                        Participant

Cully I realy don’t know for sure . Bob lives right down the street from Maple Grove and we were talking about going there for dinner and that’s when he told us about the issue with the servicemen .

bobby-s

V here is another number for chartered busses, they come from Patterson NY area, I go pass the mechanics shop to get my FD vheicles inspected and help a buddy with his ’62 dodge street toy,

1 800 82COACH
                                                                HOPE IT HELPS. COACH TOURS IS THE NAME.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.