The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY
        The bus trip idea is a NO GO !!!
        Checked with a charter, $2,425 plus tip for two drivers. The trip 51/2 hours 280 miles !
        It sounded like a good idea but waaay too costly!!!
        If you can make the trip in your car have a good time!!!

‘V’

babycakes
        Participant

OUCH ($$$$$) !!!! Yeah V Bob,it sure would be ‘alot’ cheaper by your own car or pickup,no doubt about that!

don-kauer

Hey Bobby……..I have some more items for Darwin and I’ve misplaced the address 😕 Could you please help me with that info………….Thanks…Don.. 🙂

dino
                Keymaster

Darwin Doll
                    P.O. Box 3675,
                    York, PA 17402-0136
                    or
                    1801 N. Sherman St.,
                    York, PA 17406-2020.
                    You can use this email address, mcmyork02@comcast.net

babycakes
                    Participant

Just curious;how many ODF guys are going to the Grand Opening in a few weeks? I think I remember Bobby S. is going,with perhaps his ‘Hell Za Poppin’ rail? I believe Dino,you too were invited by Darwin?

bobby-s

‘cakes, not taking the dragster, still away for winter, have all the parts and brand all new wheels for the front end,
                            will be a graet time for sure, hope mother nature gives us no surpises`,,,

babycakes
                            Participant

Thanks for the update Bobby,and have a good time at the Grand Opening at the Eastern Museum Drag displays,along with the other type of race cars they have there also. And hey,it be ‘nice’ Bobby if your taking pictures of the ‘Dover’ memorbilia ,please share them on this ODF forum.if you can…many THANKS….Pete.

babycakes
                                Participant

Hey…who else is going to the Eastern Museum ? The ‘new’ Drag Racing section,is next weekend already (March 31st) ! 😮

bobby-s

Pete
                                        will do should be a lot of fun, noticed on their web site it is a 2 day event now, cackle event now on sunday,
                                        Bobby

dino
                                        Keymaster

Bobby…need a shot of Billys helmut.

bobby-s

Dino
                                                on my list,

don-kauer

Hey…..Darwin called me this week and thanked me for all the things that were shipped….And yes Billy’s helmet is at the top of the list 😀 ….I’ll not be making the trip but would love to see some pics…My old Equalizer firesuit is also in the mix….Have a great time and a safe trip to all…….. 😀 Don….

dino
                                                    Keymaster

schedule opening date for the 2012 season is March 31st a saturday

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Bobby and the Hellzapoppin crew checked in by phone with a ‘field report”.Casey’s Helmut displayed proudly with other legends of the sport like Jenkins and Stahl. They were there last night. Bobby took a bunch of photos and will post soon.

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Bobby and the Hellzapoppin crew checked in by phone with a ‘field report”.Casey’s Helmut displayed proudly with other legends of the sport like Jenkins and Stahl. They were there last night. Bobby took a bunch of photos and will post soon.

Can we get some pictures…?

Grumpy Jenkins just passed away last week I’m told.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.