THE LITTLE GIANT Remains lost…..

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR THE LITTLE GIANT Remains lost…..

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

From what we can gather ,George Brezee’s popular altered Crosley, is no where to be found. It was sold a least two times and has he has tryed, but George cannot find it. Found this shot in our ODF members gallery.

Attachments:

maso
        Participant

Let me direct you to a posting that some of us did about that over at Bill Pratt’s good web site. I responded to it there with this photograph that I have.

http://draglist.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1385

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Just talked to Charlie Sabis…Partner in the “Little Giant” … last they (Him & George),heard, car was seen in field in the Rhinebeck ,N.Y. area almost 20 years ago. He said there were also reports it ran in the Buffalo,N.Y area painted black .But still no luck locating.

CHECK HIS COOL WEBSITE: http://www.westburymotorsports.com

dino
                Keymaster

UPDATE on “Little Giant’ …Just talked To George Brazee Today…He’ll be on the forum soon. Charlie Sabis and George Built the car …it was a terror …B/A national Event Winner and consistant Class then Elim. winner at Dover (had to win class to get into Elim.)…At the start of this topic ,you see a Terry O’shea photo about ’67, that I found when we Only had Terry’s Shots with “Harrison Engineering “on the roof…..Not Brazee Bros., and Lakeside ,Ct, . This was after they sold it to Fred Harrison…. He sold it to someone in Torrington ,Ct. …Who sold it to someone in Pittsfield, Mass. Then it was obviously Run a lot at Lebanon Valley. Fred is now inTexas and last talked to George about a year ago. So here’s the tip- Look for the changing lettering on the car ,and it tells who was the owner when the photo was taken. I’ll be getting back to George for a more in-depth ‘interview’ .Charlie is on the forum -user name :Jr Fuel. Top photo here, Taken At Dover in ’63 – check out the ‘Kill Stickers’ And the older front wheels . Second shot from Cecil County 1965, Notice on both ,it says “Brazee Bros. Engineering” on Roof and Watertown,Ct. over wheelwell. At that time it also said across the rear “Watertown Customs Racing Team ”
                    ….George is Now on the forum ! user name: LittleGiant what else ?

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

See ,now it’s 1970…Differant Names and Town

Attachments:

patina
                        Participant

Different cubes also.

Pat

dino
                            Keymaster

Yeah…You notice that.?.Always 283 with George & Chuck…Then Harrison drops it when he eliminates hood side panels .Wonder what else weight to cubes “games” were being played to stay in B/A ??? 😎

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

George Brazee told me the last time he saw the car being raced the hood and front fenders were off and it could have been yellow last he remembers!!
                                    ‘V’

dino
                                    Keymaster

Just Found the cubic inch info, with The help of Brian and a Eastern Drag News Article from 1964 announcing the return of the Little Giant in an early season results story .It stated that : “Eveyone was glad to see the Brazee Bros.and thier Little Giant back. Last yea rwith a 283 inch engine the boys ran in the low elevens. This year the rig has a smaller engine ,273 cubes and it weighs less. ,The boys told me (John Ferrante-writer),they are out to get the national record and to win the Nationals .That day May 17,1964 George and Charlie won little Elim. with an 11.90.Two weeks later May 31 ,1964, he ran an 11.14 at 123. to win theElim. again. So there you have the Real facts …thanks to Brian’s cataloging of Paper articles BUT they DIDN’T change the lettering on the scoop !…see ’65 photo …Harrison did

maso
                                        Participant

Ummm…

Somebody once told me that Beazee’s origional Little Giant had a ( get this… ) fiberglass body. If that is true then it had to be fabricated by somebody who was really good at that kind of work because you cannot buy that now or then.

Can anybody here either confirm or deny that…?

If that’s true, and if the origional mold is available ( that’s a really BIG ” if “, I know…! ) then re-creating the “Little Giant” would be a piece of cake wouldn’t it. Alterds are so easy to construct. With accurate dimentional information that Chuck would have I could do a detailed Shop Drawing of the chassis with my AutoCAD ( I have done that before, y’know…) and everything else is just “off the shelf” stuff. And… of course,”Dino The Wierdo” knows what to do with a paint brush…eh…?!

Comments, anyone…?

dino
                                            Keymaster

Will Confirm that with builder George …calling him tomorrow …It ‘s probably metal…NOBODY had that kind of mold back then…want to get the facts not urban myth…later

rustynuts

Ok now here is something totally outta left field. UNDERSTAND from the get go this is hearsay. I heard this from someone and I NEVER saw anything related to the info that follows.

At some point in time…I am gonna guess 1967 possibly 1966 I recall being told that Fred Harrison had some sorta gadget that could “Spray” fiberglas. Yup think about gunnite and concrete. Same concept. I was told that Harrison and his cohorts were able to spray up fiberglass replicas of things like fenders. First ya spray a copy of the original fender by covering the outside of the original with glass. Then ya extract the original leaving you with a “negative” now ya spray the INSIDE of the negative and POOF you have a fiberglass replica of the steel part ya started out with.

I have no idea if this can work, I NEVER saw the device that is described. I am simply saying that I was told that Fred Harrison (who owned the car at some point in time around ’66 / ’67) had such a device. For all I know the thing might have been something associated with building swimming pools. This info about parts of the Giant being made of glass just caused the information listed here to spring outta my head.

Take it for what it is worth…REMEMBER THE DISCLAIMER I put on this data. I NEVER saw such a thing and I have no idea if Harrison had such a thing. I just know I was told that Hrrrison had such a gizmo and that they were making glass knockoffs of fenders and such things.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

NUTS …Thats exactly how you do fiberglass …Make a Mold from original …make a “Plug” then Spray on the Jell coat first then spray on the Resin -matting glop.Quick call to George and we’ll all get the answers …Hold on …….

rustynuts

I thought that the “tale” of the fiberglass spraying had validity. Harrison and that gang were pretty deeply into cars…another guy over Lakeside way had a 55 Chevy. Straight Axle 327 2×4 carbs and a 4 speed that raced at Dover. Bright yellow 55 2 door post car. I wonder if that had some home brew fiberglass parts????

I think I got messed up as far as the way I described it. I think ya spray the OUTSIDE of the original panel first. Strip that off then spray the INSIDE of the new fiberglass “negative”. It was late when I typed that I was tired.

storm-king

Yes, that is basically how fiberglass was done back then, it’s called a “chopper gun” and is very nasty, which most race car fiberglass was then, and for a good long time after that. My bet, and I’ll bet, that there’s no way “Little Giant” was fiberglass. The car was too straight.
                                                                Anyone remember when Lagana did a fiberglass nose on his old Plymouth gasser, man it was ROUGH! Also Antone Adesso’s ’36 Dodge when he first did it in glass?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.