THE LITTLE GIANT Remains lost…..

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR THE LITTLE GIANT Remains lost…..

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY
        I talked to George Brazee yesterday and hes doing OK!
        He and brother Joe will try and make the 5th Dover Drag Strip Fest !!!
        HEY, Ziggy Sabis,where the hell are ya???
        Cant have The Brazee Bros.without Sabis there!!!!
        ‘V’

Attachments:

babycakes
        Participant

I know you told me Bob,George got a bit of the ‘bug’ and not too feeling well. Next time your either talking or stop by to see him,tell him us ole ‘farts’ miss him,and he gets better soon! And we miss the ‘Little Giant’ too!!!!

dedom

Has there been anymore information about the Little Giant? Interesting reporting so far and it realy has me interested to say the least.
                Dino, that add you found for the Crosley is a can do (clone/look a like) project, any more information there? Still for sale, sold, can it still be purchased?

Call me crazy but I have an idea. It shouldn’t take all that much money to do. Major costs would be transporting and lettering, Some front axel changes, rims and tires. Looks very do able from here.

dino
                Keymaster

George..Don’t know about that for sale -availability…What I suggested in the past was a “Dover Club” project. with a willing group (preferably new england) some Finances in a ‘Build Fund” a place to house it and work on it. Could be a fun project for some Old Dover Farts with time on their hands…rekindle the old race Spirit and have a group effort with good results.Seems I misplaced the bombs that it takes to put under these guys and jump start them into action. Now V-Bob could be a good group leader ( close to THE technical Source-Brazee) and assemble a “squad” to go on this ‘mission’ ….In my twisted little mind, I “could” imagine some place like “Big Als” shop and some of his talent …plus the large amount of guys with-in easy driving distance..If you can get 60-70 guys to show to eat and bench race…a fraction of that could put a car together in no time…Many Hands make light work…kind of a Dover “Overhaulin”…I’ll jingle Big A and see what his thoughts are.Then we have to gather the parts.

PS…..called Al and left a message…He’s gone for the weekend to Stafford Springs Swap meet.Back Mon.

PS no 2….Am Tracking Down the guy that was selling that Crosley Altered…Pretty sure he runs Rodzshop in Clinton Corners, N.Y….He’s on the Hudson Valley Cruise site forum,and I Private Messaged him….we’ll wait & See.

dedom

That sounds good if nothing else I was thinking of takeing it on down here in Fla. I’m still interested in the reply you get.

Stafford Springs Motor Speedway, there were some thoughts of a strip there also as I remember, but the Arute brothers were hessatent if insurance costs. There is also an old airport a short way from there that would make a great site.

Just thinking out loud.

maso
                        Participant

We need to duplicate the origional chassis or it just won’t look right. It will not have the right stance and that’s important. It will make or break this project.

Will somebody please get some basic sketches with accurate dimentional information ( ask Chuck Sablis for it…) and I will quickly make up a shop fabrication drawing for that with my AutoCAD. I have done two other such shop drawings before so I have experience. I do good work and I was a big fan of Brazee’s Little Giant in it’s day.

If you want to see what my AutoCAD work looks like, just send me an e-mail and ask for it.

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

OK,heres the deal, I’ll go to George Brazees tomorrow with my video equipment in tow and sit down with George and he will tell me all there is to know about The Little Giant!
                                Then Dino cant post the video on the DDS site and you guys can go from there!!!

‘V’

dino
                                Keymaster

MASO…maybe you haven’t figured the cost out of a complete start from scratch build these days….Best to Clone with a good used base car…all that stance stuff can be adjusted in…go price 1320 chromeoloy tubing and the gigantic cost of buying ALL the pieces to just get the suspension and drive train as a roller with no motor. Ain’t like the old days…homebuilt in your mom’s garage.”Accurate Deminsional Renderings?…Long gone my friend.

V-BOB…Great Idea ….George is sharp as a tack on these details…. get all the ‘specs’ ..we’de have it for ‘posterity’ too…act like an ‘interviewer’…racing history too…..write down some questions like “Your first car was? “best racing wins? Did ya beat Shirley?’

maso
                                    Participant

Well…

It doesn’t cost anything for me to do a drawing. You might be suprised to see if something comes of it anyway.

4140 Chromeoly is expensive, but it doesn’t have to be that, it can be of mild steel.

My 2 cents,,,,reality check…………..Just a basic “KIT” for an altered-you weld it -is about $4300. No suspension -trans-guages-plumbing-wiring-seats -belts -guages-wheels-tires-rear -axles- brakes- tank-body-….oh…Engine…..buy a used roller…its all done

patina
                                        Participant

It isn’t 1320 or 4140 it’s 4130 Chromemoly and I doubt it was built with that anyway. If anything it was mild steel rectangular tubing with a 1-3/4″ round steel tubing for a roll bar. Don’t forget this was a 60’s built car.

Pat

dino
                                            Keymaster

Right..got my old dragster specs mixed up ..Doubt it would pass tech now…but thats debatable-if you build it …it should be able to race…..maybe just be like ‘Bad News” (show only) …which is 100% right on . ?….did Roger Ever “TRY” to make a pass?

maso
                                                Participant

Either way… it’s still a good idea to just have a record on paper of that chassis on paper and digitized. That way, if anyone in the future should decide to duplicate it there will be a way. That won’t really cost anything.

I would be happy to show you or anybody else the drafting work that I have done on two other chassis. One is for a Model-A and the other is for a Don Long FED that we almost built. Just give me an e-mail and I will do that. tdelello@centurylink.net

Wouldn’t it be great to see Boucher’s “Bad News” and Brazee’s “Little Giant” together again…?!

dedom

OK guys lets drop it, I only thought it might have been a doable project. After looking into it some more a clone look a like would be appx. 84K and a ground up build well into the 100’s. So I guess unless there are a few Rich types out there we will have to settle for the interview.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

ALL the Info Here…Original Crosley Frame Boxed and extended to 105 inches…THAT GUY IN NEWYORK has a Complete CAR! with 355 smallblock! Make Offer 315-506-2850 >>>>>>>$6500
                                                            Trades ACCEPTED: Ratrod ,Harley , What do you have ?? Cash works the best !!
                                                            Item Location: CICERO, NY ( RODZSHOP-Clinton Corners,N.Y.)

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4041&hilit=magazine

maso
                                                            Participant

Okay…

So Brazee’s “Litle Giant” did not have a custom made chassis. He boxed up and extended the one from Crawsley. I get the picture now.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.