THE LITTLE GIANT Remains lost…..

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR THE LITTLE GIANT Remains lost…..

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just Talked With George! Boy …He remembers a LOT !Car ALWAYS all steel. Fred just took off the hood sides. Those little early front wheels ,were the original 12 inch Crosleys with farm tractor tires. When he found out they were’nt rated past 80 miles an hour , he replaced them with the spokers.He does recall seeing run at night at Lebanon,in the mid 70-seventies. He recalls it was yellow But still said ‘Little Giant’.Then owned by who Fred sold it to.

maso
        Participant
            quote dinotheweirdo:

Just Talked With George! Boy …He remembers a LOT !Car ALWAYS all steel.

Well… that settles that, never the less I did have information from what seemed at the time to be a reliable source about the “Giant” being shop fab’ed fiberglass. It was worth persuing and I am glad to know the real truth now.

The only hope for a possible re-creation of it now becomes contingent upon finding a good sound steel Crawsley wagon body somewhere. Phat Chance…eh…?!

dino
            Keymaster

Video Bob FOUND one…the photo is in here someplace AND whe’re Tracking down Fred …to track down the NEXT owner THEN see where the trail leads us.
                ……………………………..Gotta practice what I preach…found THIS by putting ‘Crosley” in our ‘Search”

_DSC0202

and… http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=642&start=20&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

storm-king

A couple of years ago I was passing through Slick, Oklahoma and a shop there had THREE stock, unrestored Crosley’s, a sedan and two wagons. I can’t see a Crosley and not think “Little Giant” clone or tribute. They’re probably still there, but I’m not any longer.

maso
                    Participant
                        quote storm king:

A couple of years ago I was passing through Slick, Oklahoma and a shop there had THREE stock, unrestored Crosley’s, a sedan and two wagons. I can’t see a Crosley and not think “Little Giant” clone or tribute. They’re probably still there, but I’m not any longer.

well…

If anybody ever wants to put together a serious effort to do a re-creation of it, I have AutoCAD skills and I have done some very good detailed Chassis shop drawings in the past and I would love to partake in the effort. I have good memories of the origional car.

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

Thank the good Lord above George and Joe Brazee and Chuck Sabis are still with us !!!
                            Oh,too bad this one I saw has glass on the sides!

‘V’

Attachments:

storm-king

That’s what I was thinking; what’s wrong with that?
                                Now that car right there I could make a good mold off of and we’d be down the road with a very high quality composite Crosley
                                body business.
                                Carbon fiber, anyone?

dino
                                Keymaster

I’m going to Keep at it…George says He saw last Running it at Lebanon ,painted Yellow BUT still named the “Little Giant” ! .Posted this at a Big Hot Rod Site…Never Know ? http://www.hotrodhotline.com

Attachments:

maso
                                    Participant

If some of us actually do want to make a project of this, I will contribute some money, but I can’t carry it all.

I can also contribute shop drawings for the chassis re-construction if we can get accurate dimentional information from Chuck Sablis. I have done chassis shop drawings before with my AutoCAD. ( I’m good at it too…)

We’d have to make a list of nessesary materials and price them. Then figure out what work has to be done and price that too. Add all that up and get an estimated price.

Dino does the painting and lettering. I do any nessesary shop drawings and Chuck Sablis provides accurate dimentional information in sketch and photographic form… Then we need shop space and money.

dino
                                        Keymaster

VideoBob Found that Body? Bob LaRegina Has A chassis Shop..Other half built Crosleys have popped up in ‘For Sale sites’ …Just need some Moola and a “team” …OH- OH ..Like Video Bob would say …The Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Race Team “Club Car” …then you fight over who would Drive it …So who’s got the Ga-rage, and the location to be convieniant for all who would get involved .Hey Wev’e done this kind of concept to reality before ! ah……Nostalgia Drags came out of taking about racing at Stormville airport. 😯 Get a Club “tresurer” to Collect watch the “War-Chest” …C-Mon we can do it !

patina
                                            Participant

While talking to Bill Bartolomeo (Mr Willys) at his shop (Wheels of Time) in Pine Plains he said a guy from Kingston that sells or installs vinyl siding had the motor and wanted to know if he was interested in it. Now thats a lot of he said she said but thats what he said. Bill is on the site maybe he can fill in the blanks.

The MG is running we are trying to go to the valley Sunday to see if it moves.

Pat

dino
                                                Keymaster

opens the Investiagative Door…Who did HE get it from ..did the seller Take it out of the car?…does the seller know if who HE got it from took… it out of the car?…this could lead to the car. Yo Bill …! name ,phone ,city ,st. occupation …dogs name ,,,we’ll TRACK it Down.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

The Giant’s Lost BUT GEORGE ISN”T IT’S HIS BIRTHDAY Today ! 74 …And still Rockin’ Happy Birthday George !

cullyflower

We haven’t mentioned the Little Giant in a while. If it did run at Lebanon Valley maybe this will be the time that it
                                                            will be found.

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                              Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.