TOMMY D’s Auto Service & Repair -Dover Guy!

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION TOMMY D’s Auto Service & Repair -Dover Guy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    67gt428
    Participant

Hi Everyone !! My first post since i joined. I am looking for a 2 bay or larger auto repair shop in Dutchess or Putnam County,NY…. For rent/lease If anyone knows of a place Please let me know.
        Thanks for the great site Tommy . D Pawling,ny

dino
        Keymaster

Hey another Tommy D…anyway …lot of our guys in that area …shouldn’t be hard to find …

bobby-s

Tommy D.

found this in local listing,,
                MAHOPAC/SOMERS

3 bays with secure outside parking,
                zoned light industrial/automotive repair,
                good for contractor,landscaper or auto mechanics,
                $ 2,800/mo
                will divide if needed,

914-318-4671

in local selling paper.

hope it helps,

Bobby S.

67gt428
                Participant

Thanks Bobby ! I will check it out, Thanks Again. Tom

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Tommy:
                        Call my brother Vic @ Vic’s Garage on Rt. 44 in Poughkeepsie just past Adam’s on the right, corner of 44 & Over Rocker RD. By the car wash. He may have space for rent (Lift, Outside parking,HEAT etc). call: 845-473-2020 cell: 845-489-0272.
                        Rich

dino
                        Keymaster

Tommy …What are you planning to do? PLENTY of resources here …Guys out of work …Tools …Talent …experiance and most of all, If planning a Business…Leads and connections for customers …how can we all help? Just like in the pits in the old days “In the other lane ,you’re the Enemy….but back in the pits, you’re Family ” (lyrics from “Dover Days “Song)”

67gt428
                            Participant
                                quote M & M Speed & Custom:

Tommy:
                                Call my brother Vic @ Vic’s Garage on Rt. 44 in Poughkeepsie just past Adam’s on the right, corner of 44 & Over Rocker RD. By the car wash. He may have space for rent (Lift, Outside parking,HEAT etc). call: 845-473-2020 cell: 845-489-0272.
                                Rich

Thanks Rich….I will be up that way today and i will stop by and talk with Vic

Thanks Again…Tom

67gt428
                                Participant
                                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Tommy …What are you planning to do? PLENTY of resources here …Guys out of work …Tools …Talent …experiance and most of all, If planning a Business…Leads and connections for customers …how can we all help? Just like in the pits in the old days “In the other lane ,you’re the Enemy….but back in the pits, you’re Family ” (lyrics from “Dover Days “Song)”

Hey Dino…I plan on to do general repairs..steering/suspensions,brakes,exhaust,timing belts etc… On cars and light/heavy duty trucks.
                                    If things go well i will expand..It’s going to be tough for awhile and will have to run it by myself untill things get settled. When i need to hire anyone i will post it on this site…..Yes i will need leads and connections for customers. Thanks for all of your help….
                                    Thanks!.. Tommy

mikey

Hey Tommy, if you are in need of any tools or a large(very large)toolbox, I have two boxes full of tools. Go to the for sale section on the forum and check them out. You never know!! 😆 😆 ….Mikey

dino
                                        Keymaster

I’ll cut ya a great Deal on Signs and Logo work…Dover guys gotta look cool ! See my stuff at http://www.carolinasignworks.com Can even “sub” it out with my design to some local Sign friends …We’ll all hook ya up…Guys need another shop to hang out and bench race 😆

67gt428
                                            Participant

Does anyone know about dealing with running a gas station with a repair shop ?? Pros and cons VS a repair shop with out gas. Higher insurance and such????? will be happy to hear your input..

Tom

bobby-s

from what I learned in the past 3 years watching my good friend sell his station
                                                    and while operating a full ststion (GAS & REPAIRS)
                                                    the DEC, EPA & STATE ENVIREMENT AGENCY are the BIGGEST BA– BUSTERS,
                                                    they fined him $150.00 per gas pump hose for touching the ground,
                                                    ust one one spot check!!!!!!!
                                                    one of them did not like the NON RUSTING under ground piping,
                                                    cost him 6K to have it removed just to get into the closing part of the sale,
                                                    over the years these agencies can DO WHAT THEY WANT, TO ANY STATION WHEN THEY WANT,
                                                    state need $$$$$ you are busted for BS reasons,

the requirements for waste oil storage and any LIL
                                                    oil on the ground is outrgious, it never ends,
                                                    the last 2 years he hated going into work just because of these angencies,
                                                    best part, now NO gas service, bays are empty because he was to be out of there
                                                    end of Nov. DEC & EPA found some OLD??? problems that thet felt needed to be corrected,

know there are special insurances he had to have,
                                                    than the state with the regestered repair sign, NYS inspection requirements,
                                                    and special fees for this & that,

hope this did not scare ya TOOOOO much,

Bobby S.

67gt428
                                                    Participant

Thanks Bobby….I really do not want to deal with them…..I was looking at a full service station today and i dont need the BS… I just want to work and make a living…Working for someone else is not cutting it for me…Both of my kids have health issues daughter 16 and little jr 7 ……..I always worked sometime 3 jobs at once….Im soon to be 46yrs old and im going to do it now or it will never happen.

Rich Told me to call his brother Vic….I was going to go see him today, but hade change of plans today…..I will be up there to see him tomorrow and see if he has any space to rent………

Thanks Again, Tom

bobby-s

Tom
                                                            if you can find a station where someone just does the gas
                                                            and you the bays, that might help you, not sure how the repair station sign/permit
                                                            would be issued or what the gas part is responsable for and what the bays are,
                                                            sure you would have the waste oil & anti freeze spillage stuff,
                                                            some thing to try and find out BUT TRY AND GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER,
                                                            forget that from the state they jusy want the $$$ and the “INSPECTORS”
                                                            in the fiels read the rules their way, like the NHRA rule book
                                                            a BIG GRAY AREA reading & try to understand.

to bad there are no school districts in your area looking for mechanice,
                                                            I’m just starting my 31 year in the NYS school retirement system
                                                            a mechanic for the school equipment, “NO STUDENTS”
                                                            when this surgery leave is over for my torn tendent, I go back to work that give them my
                                                            papers for retirement. Had enough winter snow BS to get campus open, bla bla bla,

hope thing work out for you
                                                            there is a LOT of KNOWLEDGE here from your fellow DOVER brothers (& sisters)
                                                            and they will be happy to inform you any way possiable.

Bobby S.

dicent retirement package,

67gt428
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote M & M Speed & Custom:

Tommy:
                                                                Rich

Hey Rich, I talked with Vic today and i will be up to see him tomorrow…..said he just might have something for me..

Thank You! Tommy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.