TOMMY D’s Auto Service & Repair -Dover Guy!

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION TOMMY D’s Auto Service & Repair -Dover Guy!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Name? Use Your own name ,First or last, to personalize it…Check Yellow pages for similair or already used stuff…have it self explainatory….”Tommy’s Auto Emporium”

67gt428
        Participant

I will be opening my business in a few weeks.

Tommy D’s
            Auto Service & Repair
            641 Route 216 Poughquag, NY

I still need to get some things, and set the place up……

Tommy D

don-kauer

What kind of things do you need? I’ve had 4 stations through the years and I’m an Audi and VW Tech………….I have a barn full of “stuff”……….860 355 2263………..Don………

dino
                Keymaster

Great Name ! Good luck ! got friends here and all over your area!

67gt428
                    Participant
                        quote donkauer:

What kind of things do you need? I’ve had 4 stations through the years and I’m an Audi and VW Tech………….I have a barn full of “stuff”……….860 355 2263………..Don………

Thanks Don….A good time to call you ? I am always in and out running around….Any time during the day good ? Let me know….
                        Thanks…Tommy D

67gt428
                        Participant
                            quote dinotheweirdo:

Great Name ! Good luck ! got friends here and all over your area!

Thanks Dino and all the people here on this site , I will be going to Hopewell Auto Parts to set up an account for parts…There is not many places around here that will deliver to this location….I will stop by there in a week or two.

anonymous

Hey 67gt428
                                As Dino stated and i agree…Great Name for your new business… and the Best of Luck to you…
                                Keep us posted on your way to success

bossguy

Hi Tom, I’m the parts mgr at Brownell Motors, I can help you with your Ford and Linc Merc parts. We deliver to Hyatts, East Fishkill Hwy and PD, Bogarts and out to 55. 831-4772 Jack

dino
                                    Keymaster

Tommy ….Ideas -Hire DON ! …He’ll MAKE YOU $$$$ Call Me about a Sign …Can Hook ya up with the “Dover Discount” and supply Reproducable matching Art for any application…Design everything from Bus. Cards, to Ads ,T-shirt Design ….See my Website http://www.carolinasignworks.com Plenty of “Bus” Guys in your Area on the Forum…Don’t be afraid to Ask ….

bobrizzi

Tom if you are going to do any restorations I can help you out as we stock a complete line of Chevelle,Camaro and Firebird parts. Rizzi ~~

dino
                                            Keymaster

TOM …Call Rich At M&M …Super Deals on Speed Equip. He can Beat the big Boys ! (Jegs & Summit) ! Link to M & M on Home page

67gt428
                                                Participant

Thanks everyone !!!!
                                                    I need a strut machine , a tire machine ( USED ) can’t afford new at this time…A coats model 5050ax or a simular model.
                                                    Also a brake lathe.. I think thats it for now….

I may also need a desk (metal).

Thanks!!!!! Tommy D

mikey

Tommy, just wondering about the brake lathe. With the cost of new drums and rotors, you would be better off replacing, instead of machining,wouldn’t you? Just an opinion, but I think I’d spend my money on something else. Good luck in your new shop, and make it user friendly. ……………………..Mikey 😆

bobrizzi

Tom ,Mikey is right a Brake Lathe is a thing of the past .Most of the drums & rotors made today are Chinese it very hard to find American made and most fwd rotors are around $25-$30 and it is easier ,less time consuming and more profitable to just “R&R”. I have been in the Auto Parts business since 1975 back then turning Drums & Rotors was big business $$$$$. Suspension today is the real money maker, Struts,Steering components etc. in, out and gone…. That is why Mavis Tire is always busy.When I had my Auto Parts store in White Plains I serviced 2 Mavis tire operations & White Plains Firestone they would always push UNDER CAR REPAIRS…… If you got the room shoot for CLASSIC CAR REPAIRS there is basically no one out there doing it and once you get a good reputation you are set. Riz~~~

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Whats the shop LOOK like now? how many bays -lifts .office -outside appearance??? take a few digital Camera shots outside And inside …I’ll hook ya up with Some “marketing’ and Business image Free Consultation ! Been doing it for 45 years.. I tell my customers ” I’ll make You look good and Present a positive customer response & get them in the Door ” …It’s up to you to take care of them with price -quality & service

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.