West.-Fair.-Put.-Duch. ROCKERS from the 60’s-70’s

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION West.-Fair.-Put.-Duch. ROCKERS from the 60’s-70’s

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant

A slight shift in topic…

Does anybody remember the “Riviera Lounge” in Younkes. I think it was on Mclean Ave. down neer the Bronx River or maybe it was on Yonkers Ave.

don-kauer

Oh yea, That was one of my favorite “meat markets” back in the day 😆 😆 😆

bobrizzi

Donnie wake up it was on Yonkers Ave later became Competion Plus.Just got off the phone with that Irish guy he was telling me about some guy in White Plains who has a station who is setting up cars that you spoke to Sat that we all know what is his name? Riz~~~

paul-ceasrine

DINO ‘ROUTE 63’ 😎
                    The ‘Mustard Family’ made their rounds in Connecticut.
                    Even hit the ‘Fore N’ Aft’ with their Rock N’ Funk Sound.
                    And the summer-circuit in Cape Cod,,Dennisport and Harwich.
                    East coast version of ‘Country Joe McDonald and the Fish’.
                    PC,,,,,,,,

paul-ceasrine

Dino,
                        Had to add this.
                        Travelling through Northwestern Connecticut, I heard Dover Drag Strip mentioned more than a few times on a Albany-based 60’s-Rock college radio station.
                        They had a call-in segment; ‘Where were you in 69’
                        Several mentioned Dover Drag Strip, and the Gassers.
                        But the classic caller question; ‘Are those Dover racers still alive’ 😆
                        Paul,,Still here 😛

dino
                        Keymaster

WHAT ! I’ll search That Imediatly …College stations usually don’t have a lot of Power …But Maybe Brian Knows ?

http://www.infoalbany.com/radio.htm ANY OF THESE ‘Ring A Bell” ?

paul-ceasrine

DINO ON THE FM DIAL,
                                It was low on the dial, I think either the RPI college station 91.5 or
                                maybe 89.7. Picked it up when I hit Canaan (Northwest Border at Massachussetts).
                                My ears perked up, when I heard ‘Mean Mistreater’ by Grand Funk.
                                Where were you in 69′
                                Thought I’d hear a bunch of Woodstock stories, but actually more about Dover and Lebanon Valley. Lots of 55/56/57 Gassers from that area.
                                One guy mentioned he passed up Woodstock, to see a new English band ‘Led Zeppelin’ at the Aerodome ‘an old bowling alley’, in Schenectady.
                                Learn something everyday.
                                Paul

dino
                                Keymaster

What time of Day…91.5 has “Classic Rock block “from 1 -on with ‘Dockta Weeks’ also posted Dover info on Woodstock Radios Facebook page …We’ll see ?

dino
                                    Keymaster

Any more info on that station…I havn’t gotton any replies. OH- Just Found Bill Suchy, in Florida….Drummer for Prophesy that became OX…He’s a -get this- VIDEO FILM PRODUCER ,and he worked for Disney at one time …Bill Suchy Productions. has a web site.WE ARE in contact and discussion of “the Big Video”.

hvy70ss
                                        Participant

ATTENTION IN THE PITS!! Rat Race Choir is back out on the road in the tri-state area with some local shows. I know of Tuxedo Junction in CT. and The Chance in Poughkeepsie. The Chance show is Friday June 11. Tickets are available now. Got mine already!!

Bobby Smith

dino
                                            Keymaster

This is the ‘new’ group….not the original.

dino
                                                Keymaster
                                                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Any more info on that station…I havn’t gotton any replies. OH- Just Found Bill Suchy, in Florida….Drummer for Prophesy that became OX…He’s a -get this- VIDEO FILM PRODUCER ,and he worked for Disney at one time …Bill Suchy Productions. has a web site.WE ARE in contact and discussion of “the Big Video”.

……………..Billy contacted back …’out of country til May ‘,BUT will be getting together with me…I’ll try to get him on the Forum.

dmcarthur

Route 22 song and video from youtube…

patina
                                                        Participant

Good Morning internet world. Thats pretty cool Rte22 to bad there wasn’t a Dover Drag Strip sign oh well.

Pat

don-kauer

I mentioned to Mark Hitt about the New Rat Race on tour locally…….He just chuckled and said “no comment”…….Not the same …How good can they be? 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 175 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.