West.-Fair.-Put.-Duch. ROCKERS from the 60’s-70’s

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION West.-Fair.-Put.-Duch. ROCKERS from the 60’s-70’s

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY
        not a Westchester group ,I dont think, but another rocker dies just the same!
        Doug ‘My Sharona’ Fieger of The Knack, R.I.P.!!
        ‘V’

dino
        Keymaster

V-Bob…’The Knack”…Southern California -late seventies…played in old Rock clubs converted to Disco.

paul-ceasrine

Video Bob,
                The Knack did have a pretty cool album cover too,,simple black and white.
                Band kind of stuck between mod-pop and rock..
                DINO,
                August 77′,,Fore N’ Aft..Twisted Sister,,Sapphire,,Power House,,Rat Race Choir,,Reality
                (another decent band from Peekskill) and Labor Day ‘Southern Cross’ with their ‘Rebel’ flag
                hanging on back-center stage…Not a bad line-up…
                ,,Yes I did bartend their at the end of the Fore N’ Aft reign 79’/80′ ?,,Then came back with the POLO regime’, October 1983 (re-opened).
                Paul

dino
                Keymaster

After POLOS …(Disco junk), it become a comedy club of some sorts, then Burned . THE ‘original’ Reality in early 70’s was from Long Island, and it was shame,they never made it big.Lead Singer was almost on a par with David Lee Roth…during the week ,he was an air conditioner repair man. Lot of talent came out of the Island.

hvy70ss
                    Participant

OK boys…anybody remember “Swift Kick” from the 70’s and early 80’s? They played Gemini in Yorktown alot too. Here’s another..”Harlequin” same era but started the whole Pink Floyd cover band movement back then. A complete stage show doing Pink Floyds “The Wall”….bricks, smoke, fog & awesome light show, long before lasers. ATTENTION DINO: Seems like us ODF’s are into the music (rock) scene. How ’bout a new thread…MODERN ROCK : Favorites. We’ve come a long way, from the Doors to Godsmack!!

Bobby Smith

dino
                        Keymaster

Whoa ! Too New …Like the Nostalgia stuff….keeping “period” correct on most content here….gotta keep it between the guard rails 😆 You haven’t gone Rap or hip hop I hope ? …Brian will get ya for that …He’s heavy into Old music…See his Woodstock posts.Like I used to say at Sycamore Cruise…”We take ya back…to the cars …the music…the attitude”

dino
                            Keymaster

Bingo….there’s a Face Book for White Plains Aft:
                                http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=93710685326&so=105#!/group.php?v=info&gid=93710685326
                                over 1200 on it! Might find an old friend ? This Facebook thing is going to replace Google soon…I’m “FINDING” people Better on it. …look what I found …I designed these!” LOG” was 4 page mailer -handout”paper”For all the Afts. others just ads flyers

Attachments:

maso
                                Participant

How many of you remember Felix Cavaliere and his “Young Rascals”…???

Felix was from Pelham up there near to the Bronx line. Felix’s birthday must be in January as is mine, because when I had to go to the place on Central Ave. in 1968 to get my driver’s lisence renewed, just as I walked into the building and went around to the left of the partition… there he was in line in front of me and smiling like he knew that he was being recognized. I didn’t bother him like I was some kind of star struck rock fan or anything like that… that’s not my style at all, but I acknowlwged him in a calm and respectful way. He was in the height of his career at that time and in fact I had just seen him on prime time TV just a few days before that time.

larry-n
                                    Participant

A business associate of mine went to high school with Felix and in my young-years I saw him and his “Young Rascals” play in a club in Connecticut somewhere near Banksville.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Felix lived in the Danbury area in the 90’s…now in Nashville. Still Tours.Way back in 60’s they played a lot in the tri-state area right after being discovered by Sid Bernstein at The “Phone Booth ” in the city .Right after their “Barge” days out on the Island. To push their first sinlgle “Good Lovin” they toured clubs all over Westchester and Putnam, sometimes hitting Two or Three a night….I Know -Me and my brother followed them one night.

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY
                                                ‘V’

bobrizzi

Dino what was the name of that place in Banksville? and what about Fudgies in Scarsdale my man Tony used to put on some great shows there (including GUN SHOTS IN THE DARK )

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Banksville? Mind warp..Anybody?

bobrizzi
                                                            quote dinotheweirdo:

It was on the NY & Conn line up by Purchase Street/Anderson Hill RD. Alot of Rock Groups played there in the 60’s. It was like a stop off before people came into White Plains from Conn.

bobrizzi
                                                                quote bobrizzi:

quote dinotheweirdo:

It was on the NY & Conn line up by Purchase Street/Anderson Hill RD. Alot of Rock Groups played there in the 60’s. It was like a stop off before people came into White Plains from Conn.

Think I got it the Country House.I think Steam played there once na na na na…. na na na na something or other

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 175 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.