55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    john-sachs-sr
    Participant

That front end looks heavy. How much weight did you save?
        Car looks great…..
        John

tomblake
        Participant

John…..Haven’t weighted the front end but can install and remove it by myself, the wife likes that part. I would guess the front end is close to the weight of the old steel hood. There is a significant savings.

babycakes
            Participant

Tom,It gets ‘better’ and ‘better’; the ‘stance’ alone gets you pumped up.BEAUTIFUL workmanship Tom 😮 😀

frank-j-majauskas
                Participant

Tom, I can’t say it any better than Babycakes. It looks GREAT ❗
                    Can’t wait to see it in person at the Valley… 😎 I know that “Speed”
                    would have really loved it ❗ 😛

Frank…

dino
                    Keymaster

Hey Tom …Nothin wrong with the “contemporary ‘updates” we all know the History..Old & New Photos will be killer for explaining to the masses…decals, paint & lettering will Nail it!

tomblake
                        Participant

This is a special post for someone who was interested in this project.
                            In Loving memory of daughter Cheryl 1962 to 2012
                            Last month we lost Cheryl due to a long time illness.
                            The reason for posting this here is that Cheryl was very interested in the 55 Chevy project car.
                            Cheryl went up north with us to pick the car up and she had lots of questions about what we planned to do with it.
                            Most of the early pictures were taken by Cheryl. She would come out to the shop every night when she was able just to see the progress and to take pictures.
                            Cheryl was hoping to see the project complete and we think she will ,but she will be watching from heaven.

patina
                            Participant

Tom our condolances to you and your family.

Pat and Linda DiStefano

babycakes
                                Participant

Tom,to you and your family,I too would like to sympathize of your ‘great’ loss of your daughter Cheryl.I’m sure she’s looking down from Heaven,happily watching your ’55’ Chevy project,becoming a reality,of what she too wanted,before her eyes!

vbob
                                    Participant

So sorry for your great lose. Cheryl. will be in my prayers.
                                        May GOD bless and keep the Blake family.
                                        ‘V’

don-kauer

Tom and family…So very sorry for your terrible loss and you will be in my prayers….God bless the Blake family…Don…

bossguy

I’m very sorry to hear of your loss Tom. My condolences to you and your wife. Jack Karl

mikey

TOM, AND MARY, SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. LOSS OF A CHILD, AT ANY AGE, IS A VERY HARD PILL TO SWALLOW. SHE WILL KEEP AN EYE ON YOU BOTH, AND ON THE ’55 TOO. I’LL BET THAT SHE CAN’T WAIT TO MAKE THAT FIRST PASS WITH YOU, TOM. ……………Mike and Theresa McDermott

frank-j-majauskas
                                                    Participant

Tom, so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter!! My prayers
                                                        and thoughts are with you, your wife and family. John Shimer
                                                        is out of the state and not on the forum at this time, but I know
                                                        that he would want me to offer his condolences to you…

Frank…..

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Wow…Hard to handle this one….So Sorry Tom…..Sending you something first thing tomorrow.

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

……… MARY and TOM …….. words can only try to tell you how sorry to hear of this loss ……………………. JOE

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.