55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Anybody notice Tom’s Degree of Craftsmanship?…Take note of the “lift off hood” he concieved from the one piece front-end,to the point of having that wrap around for stability behind the air cleaner.Perfect cut to access radiator and the tight fit to the cowl. Like those Valve covers stuffed into the firewall,taking advantage of maxium allowed engine set-back.AND…”Mamas” no slouch either ( Mary)…DOING The Wiring …Oh -you might want to see what SHE drove.See Below:
        Ok Class…Heres A refresher course on the ORIGINAL Gasser,This project is ‘replicating” http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=626

Attachments:

mikey

Looks good. A whole lot less wires than my Willy’s, I spent the better part of 2 days, and with Tony’s help, I finally got most of the wiring squared away. 😮 I bet that I took about 30 feet of wire out of the car. What a mess 😯 . It still has some “unnecessary” wires under the dash. Maybe I can get Mary to straighten out the rest. 😀 Just about done with my car, I got the steel trans lines, just have to bend them, and I can’t access them from under the car, so I’m going to cut an access hole in the trans tunnel. Sooner, or later, I’m going to have to make that tunnel removable. …………………..Mikey 😆

tomblake
            Participant

I sure hope I can remember where all the wires go. 😆

Attachments:

babycakes
                Participant

Tom,all you need now is some tomato sauce (from Mater) to add to that spaghetti ! You’ve got your work (and patience) cut out,that’s for sure! 🙄

tomblake
                    Participant

What a difference a day makes. The box is wired, the back of the car is wired. Just need to finish the middle for the MSD ignition box and the related wires for it. But that will wait, the car is headed to Suncoast Performance Wednesday for the fenders to be extended to match the new fiberglass doors. Was told today it could take a week or two. I asked if that could be shortened, I’ll go nuts without the car 😆 or maybe I did already because of it. 🙂

Attachments:

mikey

She’s really looking good, Tom. Have you had it fired up yet?? I’m looking forward to a “test and tune” at Lakeland. I have the Willy’s running, but still have some things I need, and want to get done before it sees the track. Good luck with the fenders and the rest of the wiring. …………..Mikey 😆

don-kauer

Tom , The 55 looks more amazing with every pic… 🙂 Excellent job… 😎

john-sachs-sr
                                Participant
                                    quote Don Kauer:

Tom , The 55 looks more amazing with every pic… 🙂 Excellent job… 😎

X 2 😉

tomblake
                                    Participant

We went to Maggie Valley NC to get Mary away from the FL heat. Just waiting on a call that the fenders are complete and we can pick it up.
                                        Mikey… engine not started yet, need to finish all the welding of the floor panels and that will be next when the car comes home.

mikey

Thanks for the reply, Tom. I’m pretty close to done on the Willy’s, just doing a lot of”want too’s”. We’ll get together soon. …………Mikey 😆

tomblake
                                            Participant

No info about when they will be done with the car, today. They were just back from Bristol when I called today. Will be calling them tomorrow.
                                                We are headed back with the idea of picking the car up before going home but I think it isn’t working to my plan. Will find out tomorrow.

mikey

Good luck, hope it works out for you. I’m still puttering. …………….Mikey 😆

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Called about the car again today, they are working on it and may (that’s a may) have it ready to pickup by the weekend. Time is getting short for all that’s left to do.

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Hang in there Tom,you need a ‘deserving’ break!

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Looks like the 55 will be ready for pickup Saturday, but need to call Friday to verify. I’ll be glad to have it back in my hands again.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.