55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Mikey…..Hope things change for you to make New York, it won’t be the same without you. You did too much work not to be part of the show at Lebanon Valley.

dino
        Keymaster

“SON OF ODD-JOB” is ALIVE!….rump rump rump

babycakes
            Participant

Mikey,I know things are ‘tight’ for you,and we all understand,though ‘very’ hard to accept,and you know you will be missed by many of us dearly this year at the Dover 4. But you better keep us in mind on the forum,when you hit the tracks down there and tear up the strip with your beautiful ‘Willys’ o.k.?….Pete.

tomblake
                Participant

All the race wiring is complete and everything works as it should. The interior decorator started today and has two sections of carpet finished for installation.
                    Fired up the engine again tonight and it sounds sooooooooo good.

Attachments:

mikey

It’s really lookin’ great, Tom. Good thing Mary is there to help! Give me a call if you decide to “test”. I will really miss going to N.Y. but it’s just one of those things that happens. Unforeseen circumstances. Lost my part time job, and have not been able to find anything yet. Then, I used the last of my savings to finish the car. Well, not all of it, but there just isn’t enough left to go much farther than around the block. Hopefully, there will be next year. While you guys are at the 4th, I’ll try to have some fun at the tracks down here. I’ll keep you posted on the cars progress. ……………….Mikey 😆

tomblake
                        Participant

Mary has all the carpet cut and trimmed. Put fluid in the brake system, the rear end, the cooling system and added more the trans. Got some minor problems to work out tomorrow but coming along pretty good so far.

Attachments:

tomblake
                            Participant

Mary working on the carpet and seam sealing the openings on the inside of the car. Got a leak repaired on the line lock, got the shifter adjusted, added more color, getting windows started and got a door handle working like it should. Lots of small things that seem to take up time.
                                The schedule was to get the hood and door windows today but they were delayed to at least Wednesday. Plus the hood and door windows will need fitting when we have them in our hands.
                                Where does the time go? We must be having fun because it goes by real fast. 😀

Attachments:

tomblake
                                Participant

Still coming along, thought we would set everything together like it was complete. Not actually complete but looking better. Still have more detail items to work out. The hood and window inserts for the doors not ready for pickup as expected, will call again Friday for a possible Saturday pickup.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                    Participant

Coming together ‘NICELY’ Tom;looks like your 3/4 there!

mikey

LOOKING REAL GOOD. CAN’T WAIT TO SEE IT IN PERSON. …………..Mikey 😆

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

MY LORD ❗ TOM, THAT IS COMING ALONG BEAUTIFULLY ❗ What
                                                an AWESOME job you and Mary are doing ❗

Frank…

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

Hey Tom, Is that rear bumper painted or plated ❓ If it’s painted, it looks
                                                    great and I hope you do the front bumper the same way. I think it would be
                                                    a nice contrast with the orange paint. Just my thoughts ❗ 😆 😆

Frank…

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Frank….Rear bumper is fiberglass and it is painted. Took several tries to get it looking like it does. The plan is to do the front bumper the same way. All body work is really on next years plan but we are trying to make it look good viewed from the grandstands. 😆

patina
                                                        Participant

Tom, like Frank said “that bumper does look great” I’m looking for a 57 glass bumper for my car. I might just make one myself if one doesn’t fall in my lap. When you come up you will have to tell me how you got that look.

Pat

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

Beautiful Tom, just beautiful ❗ Like Mikey said, Billy has a big smile on his face ❗
                                                                Keep up the great work and see you at the Valley…. 😆

Frank…

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.