55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Radiator brackets ready to be welded in place. The shelf for the MSD box complete except for welding it in. Fabricating more panels to cover the openings left when the door hinges were welded to the chassis. When the new door hinges were being installed the original hinge columns had to be removed.
        Doesn’t sound like much but the time goes by way too fast doing these detailed items.

tomblake
        Participant

The radiator is mounted and the hoses are installed. The door block off panels are welded in. All the floor panels except the driver panel are welded in. The rear bumper brackets are welded on.
            I can see signs of things coming together but still thinking about only 41 days left to the race.

Attachments:

tomblake
            Participant

Getting the wires put together with the MSD box.
                First battery installed and making the cables to connect it to see if all the other wires are doing there job. Will also be checking for smoke. 😆

Attachments:

tomblake
                Participant

Well we are still working and working around stuff we are working on. 🙄
                    Wiring coming along pretty well. Starting to add color to the places we are not working. Must be getting tired, starting to act silly.
                    Before we brought the 55 to the 4th race we wanted it race ready and orange. So far niether is done but still working on both, still have 38 days before the race.

Attachments:

don-kauer

Tom, It’s OK to act silly 😀 😀 ……………All I can say is WOW…TH 55 looks awesome and every pic it gets better and better……….You’ve outdone yourself 🙂 ..Great job Tom……… 😆 …Don..

frank-j-majauskas
                        Participant

What Don said ! Simply AWESOME !! She’s a piece of art ! I love it….

Frank…

dino
                            Keymaster

ORANGE! Fifties Chevy Gasser…..Sound Familiar….. DOVER AUTHENTIC For Sure! Now we lookin like a race car !

mikey

BILLY WILL BE HAPPY AS A CLAM!! REALLY LOOKIN’ GOOD. ……………..MIKEY 😆

tomblake
                                    Participant

Wiring not complete yet but with battery power on the car the engine turns over, lights light up, the fuel pump runs and the water pump runs.
                                        Getting closer and closer as time is running faster and faster.

Attachments:

don-kauer

You are so right Mikey 😀 If Casey had a 55 THIS would be the car… 😎 …..Pumpkin color and the Casey signature wheelwells….Although Tom’s are much neater 😆 😆 😆 ….Sorry Billy 🙁 ………………..Don…

dino
                                            Keymaster

Don…That car needs a “Smurk” sticker…See if ya can get one from John and send it down!

tomblake
                                                Participant

Today was another good day on the 55 gasser. All the floor panels are welded in place and except for maybe a few more brackets all the welding is complete, thanks to Bobby, he has been a great help on this project. Since the welding was complete we put fuel in the tank for the first time, pump the lines clean, filled the carburetor, fix a small fuel leak and hit the starter. The engine fired right up and idled at 1000 rpm with 70 lbs oil pressure. The engine fired up like it had been running every day.
                                                    The engine didn’t know it was apart and repaired, it didn’t know we hung the distributor on the front like a Ford, it just seemed happy to be back alive again. And I am very happy to hear it making noise again myself. It didn’t take Mary but a minute to get out to the shop when she hear it fire up. You’d think it was a top fueler with the attention we were getting. 😀

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Congrats Tom!!! Good to hear your exhaust headers finally got some smoke and sound going! Right now your right on your game plan,and a ‘happy camper’ after hearing your 55 ;project’ running I’m sure! 😀 😀 😀 😀

bossguy

Very Cool Tom, Got a sound clip on You Tube? Congrats!

mikey

Tom, very glad to hear that”It is alive!!”. 😀 Maybe before you leave for New York, we can get together at Lakeland for some “test and tune”. 😉 Mine is done enough to make a few passes. I sure wish I could make the trip up North, but it’s not gonna happen. Bummer. 😥 Hopefully, next year. ……………….Mikey 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.