55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Billy thanks for the comment and to you, ever so close to 6 second run, we are following you also. Got to be the next time and with Dover as your next race we would love to be there and see it. If you had that FED during the Dover time you would have beaten the fasted top fuel dragsters of the time. Wouldn’t you like to have a time machine. 🙂

tomblake
        Participant

Today we did more pretty work. Painted headlights, trimmed the bumper and put the Dzus fasteners in the hood. New fuel pump delayed till maybe Wed or Thu. If we get it before Saturday we are planning a test secession at Lakeland. It would be nice to drive the new car a few laps before Lebanon Valley.
            Mikey….Get the Willis ready, will let you know if we get the fuel pump.

Attachments:

patina
            Participant

Tom I got a brand new BG pump for my 57 which obviously I’m not using this YEAR. I can send it to you by Fri.

Pat

mikey

Tom, take the pump just in case. And, I’ll be ready to go to Lakeland, let me know. And Billy, you just make that 6 second pass at the Dover Race, you just know that you will. Good Luck!! ……………:lol:

tomblake
                    Participant

Pat……I do appreciate the offer very much. I have a good promise the pump will be here with the fittings needed to connect to my system along with a couple of other parts to finish the car. The plumbing with the fittings coming will make the installation fairly quick and easy, I will have the car ready to accept the setup that was ordered. Now I just hoped I made the right decision. Thank you very much for the offer.

tomblake
                        Participant

It is 9:05 am Tuesday, just got a call, the pump and fittings will be in my hands today. Thanks again for the offer Pat.

tomblake
                            Participant

Got the new fuel pump and fittings at 7:05pm, almost gave up on UPS but they came thru.
                                Got started on the installation but, will need to fabricate a new mounting bracket and re-route the fuel lines.
                                It will be complete tomorrow and we should be testing the car Saturday. Pretty big difference in length of the two pumps. The new pump has the filter as part of the assembly.

Attachments:

masracingtd1167
                                Participant

Those Magna Fuel pumps are about the best out there . Dont forget you have to run a return from the bypass to the tank.

tomblake
                                    Participant

Billy…..thanks about the return line reminder, did remember and just came inside after finishing the pump installation. So far no leaks :). The Holly was intermittent for some reason but also thought it was not enought flow for the engine. Watched the return flow back into the tank with the new pump, impressive amount of fuel coming back to the tank. Originally did not want to run a deadhead system like this but another regulator, more #10 line and not enought time to do everything. The Mustang has the continuous flow through the regulator and than back to the tank. That’s the way I will do the 55 but down the road a bit.

tomblake
                                        Participant

Added a couple of stainless steel flex lines to the engine compartment today. The lines for the fuel gage and the overflow catch can, now new and look better. Got the second M & M decal on the hood. May be test driving around the block tomorrow.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

Tom, It looks great and you got to be excited about taking that baby for a test drive around
                                                the block ❓ Try to control your right foot ❗ 😆 We can’t wait for your report ❗
                                                Frank… 😎

mikey

What Frank said!! 😆 😆

rake38
                                                    Participant

Real nice job with the car dad, can’t wait to see it in Lebanon

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Tom,are you sure just ‘one’ test drive around the block? Hmmm 🙄 …Pete.

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Well the car made it to the street, out of the yard for the first time. We drove around the block no problems except the air doesn’t work and it is hot. Mary took a picture of HAPPY FACE driving for the first time.
                                                                It goes forward and back, the brakes work, the transbrake works and the cooling system didn’t over heat. At that in a 1/2 mile trip. It makes you want to just keep going. This would be a good time to live out in the country and let it fly. Sounds like a Dover car “Let It Fly”.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.