55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Stay safe, and be careful. Damn, I wish I was going. 😥

tomblake
        Participant

Miley…….Did you buy a ticket?
            We were hoping you would make it somehow. How about Rich?

babycakes
            Participant

Tom,wishing you a happy and safe trip up,and enjoy the ride! Mikey,I know you ‘can’t’ make it,and for sure,you’ll be missed by a lot of us 😥 …Pete.

tomblake
                Participant

we are in VA. Will be looking for a place to ride tomorrow. No rain today, that was good but still to warm for Mary.

tomblake
                    Participant

Friday was a beautiful day, rode the motorcycle more than we drove the motorhome. The area around south VA is very nice for riding motorcycles and the weather was excellant. The race is getting close only 7 days.

tomblake
                        Participant

We stayed two more days in south VA and rode in the mountains. Stayed Sunday because of the bad weather in central VA. We did get caught in the rain today, thanks for rain suits, they got used today. We will be heading north tomorrow.
                            We were hoping to make a couple of final repairs to the 55 and test on Wednesday at the Valley but found out today the requirements are street tires and mufflers. We have street tires but left the mufflers back home in Lakeland, didn’t think we would be needing them. Now it looks like the testing will be the time trials Saturday.
                            Nothing like waiting till the last minute but we are still coming. This is excitement at its best.

babycakes
                            Participant

Tom.other than hitting a bit of rain along the way,sounds like your enjoying a ‘mini’ vacation,on your trip up from Florida? Still like you say,the ‘pressures’ on,hoping all goes right,which I’m sure it will for you Tom;keep the faith,the ‘countdown’ draws near!

tomblake
                                Participant

Pete…..Yes we are having a good time on the trip. The bike riding breaks up the long drive.

We stopped today to buy a few tools we will need to finish the 55.
                                    Heading to my son’s place in CT, will finish the car there and we will go the Lebanon Valley from his place. He needs to make a repair to his motorcycle for the race also. Nothing like last minute things to get done. Are we having fun yet? Hell yes.

tomatohead
                                    Participant

……. hey I am saving some last minute repairs for friday nite too 😀 ❗ ❗ ❗ see you guys at the track ❗

tomblake
                                        Participant

Ronny and I finished up the last minute repairs and fixes to both our vehicles this morning.
                                            Took the 55 down his street and did the first burn out with this car, ever.
                                            All things seem to be ok. Will head to the track on Friday.

mikey

Tom, as I mentioned to Mary, have Dino see if he could talk to someone about getting you a couple of “TTs”on Friday night. I think they run on Friday, but I’m not sure. Also, I’ve got a friend who races there every week, his daughter too. they have 2 storage units on premises, one is for the cars(2), and the other is a shop. I will call him and see if he’s got some mufflers that you could use. The guys name is Dennis Boyle, and he was runner-up at last years Dover Race, but I forgot what class. I’ll either call you, or PM you. …………………..Mikey 😆

bossguy

Mikey and Tom, Denny Boyles daughter Kelly works with me. She said they have no mufflers. Track is not normally open Fri nite for races. Mufflers are only required on wed nite and before 9am sat and 10am sunday as a courtesy. Maybe Dino can work something out for fri.

patina
                                                    Participant

Guys and Gals Friday the track is rented out to a “drifting” group (August 10th Drifting) and they do this in the pit area where the show will be held. I’m pretty sure the 1/4 mile will not be open mufflers or not. Next year we should look to arrange an “open track rental” for the friday befote the race and this way we can park, test, tune, etc. I’ll be on line waiting for them to open Saturday, just spoke to VB he should be right behind me.

Pat

mikey

Well, so much for the muffler idea, and I was way off on the “test and tune”. Maybe if I come up next year I’ll get to meet Denny’s daughter. I knew Denny when he was a little kid back in Glenham. I was good friends with his brother Kevin. I always figured that when Denny grew up, he’d either race circle track, or drag race. Like me, he did both. Jack, if you could PM me Dennys cell number, I’d appreciate it. Somehow , I lost it. ………..Mikey 😆

dino
                                                            Keymaster
                                                                quote patina:

Guys and Gals Friday the track is rented out to a “drifting” group (August 10th Drifting) and they do this in the pit area where the show will be held. I’m pretty sure the 1/4 mile will not be open mufflers or not. Next year we should look to arrange an “open track rental” for the friday befote the race and this way we can park, test, tune, etc. I’ll be on line waiting for them to open Saturday, just spoke to VB he should be right behind me.

Pat

….EVEN with Rain …The Drifting Group is STILL running….Got my camera for this…Barriers will be hit. Right now there’s small ponds in that lot

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.