55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Working on the inside, getting the fiberglass dash set in place.
        The plan is to get a license plate and drive the 55 to the local car show this Friday. This will be the first time out for the 55.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Tom, the 55 is really getting there… It will be something to see a picture
            of the 55 on the street with ordinary traffic around it. Good luck with getting
            your license plates… Keep us posted…..

Frank…

babycakes
            Participant

With no ‘gas’ gauge Tom,looks like your gonna ‘guesstimate’ how far the distance you can travel ? Also,I’m sure that ‘carb’ has a large quench of thirst to keep up with! Are you gonna run some ‘street’ gears for cruisin? 🙄 Pete.

tomblake
                Participant

Got the new antique license plate, installed it and took the first 6 mile trip. Everything worked fine. Did find out no rear view mirror is a problem.
                    Stopped and took a couple of pictures and pump in some 91 octane gas. Tomorrow is the first car show we will go to.
                    Installed the original rear view mirror for now.

Attachments:

tomblake
                    Participant

Pete…..Changed the entire driveline since the race. Smaller engine, replaced the 1050 Dominator with an 850, changed the converter to a more streetable one, took out the PG for the turbo 400 and removed the 4.57 gears and replace them with a set of 3.70.
                        Replaced the open headers with the headers into a 4″ exhaust system all the way to the back bumper.
                        We do have a gas gage, a calibrated wooden stick like the old days. 😀

frank-j-majauskas
                        Participant

Hey Tom, Congrats on your new license plate for the 55 ❗ There has to to be
                            a lot of people turning their heads when you pass by ❓ 😆 I love that 4″ exhaust
                            system ❗ I wonder how many will ask you if the 55 (looking at the 4″ pipes) is powered by a diesel engine ❓ 😆 I love it ❗ It looks so cool ❗ NICE JOB ❗ Good luck at the
                            show tomorrow….Us guys up north will probably be handling a snow shovel.. 🙁

Frank… 😎

dino
                            Keymaster
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Need a Video of you on the street …pulling into a cruise night with astonished onlookers …Have your Crew Chief following in the Mustang.

Charge the camera…

tomblake
                                Participant

Waited till dark to try the night lighting. Things didn’t go so well tonight. The alternator quit charging and the #1 battery went dead. Charged the battery and did a load test and it looks like the #1 battery is bad but #2 is good. Good thing the car has a dual battery system.
                                    The alternator was so hot it couldn’t be touched for about an hour.
                                    Tomorrow will try to get the alternator rebuilt. It was just done as a 160 amp alternator but something went wrong.
                                    Than I will replace the battery. If all that can be done before the car show starts we will still go.

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

HOLY HOCKEY PUCKS OMFG!!!!!

Ya got that 55 lookin sooooo good!!
                                        I usta run my 55 with M&H slicks and wheel well open headers till I launched the flywheel out of it!

Now, put a hitch on the back tow a trailer and do the Hot Rod Power Tour!!!
                                        ‘V’

mikey

It really looks great. You and Mary have done an outstanding job on “Odd Job”. The car looks great. What are you bringing up to the 5th, or are ya gonna build something new??? ………..Mikey 😮 😯 😆

tomblake
                                            Participant

Mikey…..the 55 is coming to the 5th race. Remember it is a dual purpose car, for the street and also a race car. And maybe by race time it will be an air conditioned race car. 😆

babycakes
                                                Participant

Never a ‘dull’ moment with ‘hot-rods’ Tom,never know what’s next to expect? Anyhow,hope you make the car show,and like the ‘boys’ say, ‘ODD JOB’ looking GOOD!!! 😯 😀 Pete.

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Took the alternator to the shop, they said “no way to rebuild today, in one day, are you kidding?” We talked about the other options. They had several different types of alternators and amp ratings, none good enough. After we finished discussing the options they came up with a better idea, we can rebuild yours in 2 hours. Makes you wonder. Went back in 2 hours – done.
                                                        Than we went to the battery place, got the bad battery warranted and got another new one.
                                                        Installed the alternator, charged both batteries and installed them.
                                                        Fired up the Chevy, driver already fired up, 14 volts on the gage. We are ready for the car show NOW, 3 hours ahead of schedule.

mikey

Good Job!! You get 2 attaboys!! 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

Hey Tom, can’t believe you made it happen…Up here they would have told you “too bad” ❗
                                                                I swear Tom you get more done in a day than I could imagine ❗ Have a good time tonight.
                                                                You deserve it ❗ 😛 I’m sure there will be a crowd around the “55 all night long. 😆

Frank… 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.