55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Just watched the 2009 video of the Dover reunion at the track and at Sam’s. That was great to watch again in that snow storm. It is still amazing how fast time passes by, that was more than 4 years and 4 nostalgia races ago.

The snow up there now is worse than in 2009. I think of it as a fun time but only if everyone has power, food and drink and no place they need to go out to anytime soon.

Still making progress on the 55. The front end is done. The headlights are fiberglassed in place, the wiring is done up to the firewall, a quick disconnect is wired in place and the lights work. It now has low beam, high beam and both signal lights.

Attachments:

babycakes
        Participant

Very ‘NEAT’ Tom,thanks for sharing.Woke up to -15 below this morning;I thought about you and Mikey how much you must miss this ‘northern’ weather(yeah-right!!!) 😆 Pete.

dino
            Keymaster

Need a big Trucker Air Horn…Blow em off the road 😆

mikey

Tom, to continue the “look”, it needs some parking/signal light stickers/decals, then you’re done. Really looks great. Oh, almost called you yesterday to see if you wanted to meet me at Lakeland. Flat tire on my trailer canceled out that idea. Maybe next week, we’ll see. …………..Mikey 😆

tomatohead
                    Participant

………….. Love the lights on the 55 😀 ……. soon it will be “TWO LANE” Black Top for you 😀 ❗

tomblake
                        Participant

We got the tilt steering column and it looks like it will make the wiring for the car much easier. Or it will at least give us a good starting point. Thanks to a couple of ODF members that gave me some good ideas.

Attachments:

tomblake
                            Participant

The Tilt column is in place to stay but it took about 20 tries to be satisfied it was right. The four harness connectors are plugged into the column and now comes the fun wiring.

I did say the wiring would be easier with the tilt column and I guess it is but easier is the wrong word. Still lots of work to get all the wires in the right places. Been working for days and it is getting closer but still a ways off. I was hoping to get a license plate this week but depends how it goes in the next couple of days.

Can’t wait to be able to drive this car on the street.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                Participant

Lots of ‘spaghetti’ there Tom,to hook up.Patience and time seem to be the recipe to follow 🙄 .Tom,does Florida require a ‘speedometer’ on all registered vehicles? Or you just ‘wing’ it,it hopes your not going over the speed limit? 😮 😕 😡

tomblake
                                    Participant

Babycakes…..Not sure about the speedometer. Mustang has one but the Chevy has none so far but we could do something later. Title has a place for mileage and another place if the mileage is unknown, so that part is no problem.

Just got the headlight switch today and going out to wire it in place. The picture doesn’t show many of the wires in the harness but there are more unused wires than used ones.

tomblake
                                        Participant

The wiring is coming along. Turned on the master switch to see if it was going to smoke or light up.
                                            The pleasant surprise was most of the lights are working. Headlights high and low beam, signal lights left and right. emergency flashers and brake lights all working. Didn’t have running lights and still working on that problem. Added a jumper to the headlight switch system, got running lights but now have the left signal low voltage with the headlight switch pulled out to the on position. Tomorrow is another day.

babycakes
                                            Participant

Congrats Tom,your better than 1/2 way there! Pete.

tomblake
                                                Participant

The 55 is back together. The tilt column and the wiring for all the lights is complete. Got the street tires mounted. Next week we are going to get a license plate and be driving on the street for the first time.

Thanks to Super Sport Pete for the help. This site has been a big help getting the 55 back together.

Attachments:

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Need a Video of you on the street …pulling into a cruise night with astonished onlookers …Have your Crew Chief following in the Mustang.

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Tom, too bad your not in the blacktop business; with those rear tires,you could use the ’55’ for fastest ,coolest, ‘steam roller’! 😆 Pete.

mikey

Coming along nicely, Tom. Looking great. Those are some nice street tires, I need to get some like that. Are they really pricey 😮 , or not too bad, just curious. I’m working again, so maybe I can afford some 😯 . ………………..Mikey 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.