55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

Tom those stock wheel wells look terrible 🙄 🙄 🙄

Pat

tomblake
        Participant

Pat….We are not finished yet. Besides if left stock we couldn’t get the wheels off without dropping the shocks and brakes.

super-sport-pete

TOM, I can’t give any help on this project. it looks like you don’t need any. just take a deep breath before the final welds. pete.

tomblake
                Participant

Pete….Holding my breath during the cutting as well, almost blue now. This is a first time project for me and I am proceeding pretty slow trying to figure out the best ways to proceed. Still in the cutting process but 2 of the 3 areas about done on the first quarter panel. Looks like cutting part of the quarter panel window section out will work to make it easier. The top part of the orginal window frame is in good shape.

Attachments:

mikey

Tom, you’re doing great, just take your time, and think things through. And remember, make your cut a little bigger, because you can always cut more. If you cut it too much, you have just made yourself more work. Been there, done that. :mrgreen:

super-sport-pete

TOM, how is it going? progress report due soon. keep pluggin, pete.

tomblake
                            Participant

We picked up the left quarter this morning and will start that one today.
                                Right quarter is about fitted after a few more details but I think it is looking pretty good.
                                Got some good information from Real Deal Steel (that is the place I got the sheet metal) about how to proceed in a couple of areas I wasn’t sure how to go. We also picked up the sheet metal for the top of the cowl. That will replace all the outside sheet metal on the car except for the roof and deck lid.

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Tom, I’m sure you’re making the right choice with Real Deal Steel. Here’s
                                    A CT racer with it’s sponsor. I think he won a National event with this car ❓

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

tomblake
                                    Participant

Frank…When we went to the Real Deal shop they showed us a picture of that 55, neat. We talked to Joe, one of the owners of Real Deal Steel, he is extremely helpful with this project. He had all the answers to my questions and more. I just don’t know all the questions yet but he has offered to try to answer anything I come up with, nice people there.
                                        Started on the left side now that we have the quarter panel in our hands. Sure looks messy inside when the old stuff gets cut off.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                        Participant

Nice fit on the right side quarter Tom! Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress! 😉 Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

I second that cakes ❗ 😆 😆

Frank… 😎

mleroux
                                                Participant

Hi Frank , if that real steel 55 is Ron Stiner’s he did win a national event and I keep the national dragster magazine that it was in , the other national dragster mag’s I past on to other people ,,, Hi Frank ,,, mike ,,,

frank-j-majauskas
                                                    Participant

Yes Mike, that is Ron’s 55 Super Street Chevy. I thought he won a National event.
                                                        I should have checked with you first buddy. I know you remember all the facts ❗ 😆
                                                        Oh yeah Mike, thanks for sharing all your magazines with us ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

mleroux
                                                        Participant

Hi Frank , I guess at my age the memory isn’t what it used to be ,, so I looked it up in National Dragster and here is the scope , the furthest Ron had gotten at a national event in 8 years of racing super street was the 4th. round and the semifinals at division races up till Oct. 26th. 2010 when he won the Jegs NHRA Northern SPORTSnationals at National Trail Raceway in Hebron , Ohio , Division 3, he had to go 7 rounds to get in the winners circle , in round 4 he had a . 000 light and a 10.910 and in the final round he had a .001light and a 10.919 for the win , so that is the scope per National Dragster ,,, Hi Frank ,,, Hi John S. ,,, Hi V-Bob ,,,Hi Cakes ,,, mike ,,

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Hi Mike!!!! 😉 😀 Pete

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.