55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

We got the left quarter on the car, just hanging and needs more fitting but it is started.

Attachments:

mikey

Looking real good, Tom. Take your time, and rest a lot!! Body work is the pits, especially panel replacement. :mrgreen:

babycakes
            Participant

I’ll 2nd what Mikey said Tom, NICE FITS! Keep it going,and don’t forget sharing the progress with us ‘ole’ farts! :geek: 😉 😀 Pete.

tomblake
                Participant

Made some repairs, filled holes, welded cracks and painted inside of quarter panel on the left side.
                    Almost finished fitting and matching both sides. May start tack welding quarter panels in place this coming week. Saturday was the first time we were happy with the fitting of the panels and the spacing around the trunk, starting to look uniform and pretty good.

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

1 am again? get some sleep!

tomblake
                        Participant

The welding has started.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                            Participant

Tom, you up ❓ 😆 I’m watching Pawn Stars…. 😆 😆 😆 😆

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                Participant

Frank…..Just saw your post and yes I am up. Just finished watching the NHRA sportsman race from Vegas.

frank-j-majauskas
                                    Participant

Ah crap ❗ 😆 I wish I knew it was on. They did have a nice 33 Plymouth coupe,
                                        all original on Pawn Stars. Flat head six cylinder, suicide doors, crank out front windshield and a crank down rear window so you could talk to the rumble seat riders, It even had a
                                        real trunk ❗ 😆 “Cool car” ❗ The old man bought it for 18 grand for his personal
                                        collection. 😆

Frank…

tomblake
                                        Participant

When ever an old “Plymouth coupe” comes up I always think of Bobby Lagana’s Plymouth with the battery sticking out of the trunk.

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

Yeah Tom, I know what you mean..I never saw anything like that before, and we’ll
                                                never see anything like that again……Bobby was always thinking ❗ 😛

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                                Participant

All the sheet metal pieces are tacked in place. First time without any clamps holding everything together. The major welding and grinding will be started this week.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Tom,it looks ‘GREAT! NICE JOB!!! 😉 Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
                                                        Participant

Boy that looks GREAT Tom ❗ Nothing like new sheet metal. Well, especially after
                                                            it’s been hung…Right Tom? 😆 😆

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                                            Participant

The right quarter panel is welded in place. The plan is to have all welding done by early next week. My good friend Bobby is doing the finish welding and it is looking good.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.