55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Dino….for now will leave them un-cut, If changing tires gets to be to much of a pain maybe than. I like the cut out wheel wells but after putting out all that money for the new sheet metal it has been hard to cut them. I have had about equal comments about cutting and leaving them un-cut.
        I like the look of Frank’s 55, big tires and standard wheel wells. But who knows what the future holds for the 55.

tomblake
        Participant

The trunk is about done, sealed, cleaned, painted and ready for the batteries and fuel tanks. Started to polish the fuel tanks since they are out of the car.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
            Participant

Thanks Tom, your opinion means a lot to me. I also like the original wheel well look.
                Especially when you have new straight quarters. Our cars have pretty much the same
                ride height ❓ Your 55 is really looking sweet ❗ Can’t wait to see it at the Valley next year.

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

mleroux
                Participant

Hi Tom , here is another vote for leaving the stock wheel wells , ya Frank’s 55 looks great with the big tires and stock wheel wells , I have seen it in person many times ,,, Mike L. ,,,

tomblake
                    Participant

The trunk area is complete. Now it will be back to the bodywork.

Attachments:

john-sachs-sr
                        Participant

Well done. 😎
                            John

tomblake
                            Participant

Looked back at several pieces of the sheet metal that were removed from the 55. The small multilayer piece is one that was cut out of the rocker area. Didn’t look that bad going down the track. 🙂

Attachments:

tomblake
                                Participant

Got the trunk fitted pretty good. Now working on fitting the doors. The new sheet metal is a much better for matching all the parts up to each other.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                    Participant

Looking “GOOD” Tom, nice fit! 😉

tomblake
                                        Participant

Fitting takes a while to get done. Wish I knew more about how to do bodywork. Correction to the last sentence, I wish I knew someone that would do the bodywork. 😆

Attachments:

tomblake
                                            Participant

Bodywork is a very slow process but coming along.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                Participant

Tom,nice and straight,and the fits looking good also! CONGRATULATIONS my man! 😉

super-sport-pete

tom, same color? who will paint it? or is this going to be a “two lane blacktop” version for a while?

tomblake
                                                        Participant

Pete…..Trying to do the bodywork myself but that will need a final touchup and maybe more than just a touchup. Talked to a body and paint guy last week, he wouldn’t be able before March. It may take me that long to be ready for him anyway. So for now it will be a Two Lane Black Top version. When it is ready it will be painted the Chevy color Hugger Orange. That color should be close to the original race car color.
                                                            In the mean time I will get it on the road and work on the body at the same time, miss driving the 55.

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

Car is looking great Tom ❗ ❗

Frank… 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.