55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Wheel Wells….different opinions…Its your baby…at least get the old color and lettering to “relive’ the original…but love all the latest technology that’s built in.

mikey

Tom, I’m sure you have answered this question before, but why is the car in the picture gold, and you “new” one orange?? Oh, the body work and panel work look great so far. ………………..Mikey :mrgreen:

tomblake
            Participant

Mikey….I am guessing you are referring to the color of the 55 in the avatar as to being gold. The original color was a mix of half red and half yellow in equal parts to make orange. The avatar is a very old and faded picture that looks gold but it was orange same as the new 55. We did try to make the new 55 look the same as the original, color and graphics.
                Added a better picture to show more accurate the color of the original car but even this one is an old picture.

Note: both pictures, the avatar and this one were taken at the same place, same time and same day.

Attachments:

mikey

Okey dokey, I see now. Thanks, Tom. Are you going to keep the “Race Car” look with the lettering and stuff?? Just curious. :mrgreen:

tomblake
                    Participant

Mikey….Some of the graphics will be added to the new paint but not sure how much. May have to add some temporary stuff for the 6th race. Will see after the car is done.

tomblake
                        Participant

Bodywork sucks. Things coming along pretty slow, but still working at it. I remember being much better at bodywork than I am. Will get the car running and drivable again soon.

babycakes
                            Participant

Tom, Santa sez….time to take a (overdue) Christmas ‘BREAK’!!! You’ve been working hard on it, now is the time to relax a ‘little’,and enjoy the upcoming holidays,with family and friends!!! ‘ODD JOB’ can wait a while!!! 😉 🙂 Pete.

mikey

I agree with Pete. Take a break. Things will look better at a later time. :mrgreen:

tomblake
                                    Participant

Took you guys advice and took a break, very little work done the past week. Put the 55 back together with the minimum it took to drive the car(actually less than minimum, sounds good with two 4″ straight pipes). Packed Mary’s chair and went to the local car show with the work-in-process car. That was more fun than working on the car.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

YEAH BABY……..LOOKING SWEET ❗ ❗ 😆 I don’t think a “55
                                            Chevy can look bad in whatever stage of construction it’s in ❗ ❗ 😛

Frank… 😎

mleroux
                                            Participant

😀 Hey Frank , I feel the same way about 55 Chevy’s during construction , when I saw mine in the paint shop all in primer it was something to behold after seeing if apart in my garage for 14 years ,,, mike ,,, 😆

tomblake
                                                Participant

We made two Christmas car shows this week end. The Plant City car show was pretty big, the weather was beautiful and that brought out tons of cars. There were lots of finished cars along with our “work-in-process-car” Almost forget how much fun the 55 is to drive.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                    Participant

We made another car show in the middle of doing the bodywork. Wanted to showoff our cool hat.

P.S. Someone I know should like this hat.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Tom,must have been nice to celebrate the Christmas holiday ‘outside’ with decent weather? I was ‘close’ to that visiting relatives down in ‘Jersey’. Close to 70 degrees,however it rained alot for 2 days.My cousin Marge and husband Paul were up from The Villages,in Florida. They couldn’t wait to get back home! There neighbor has a sign in his driveway…’Free Snow Plowing’… 😆 .Pete.

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Pete…..Know the feeling. Snow and the winter season is nice for a short while but even nicer when you can get away from it to a warm place. Just getting ready to take the motorcycle out riding. Spring will be here before you know it.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.