55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

OK .ODF HAT…That’s it…Sometimes (As Drake would say-“geezerville”) ….Should have ‘thought’ of this way back with the ‘inception’ of the ‘premium’ members ODF membership. No need to stock all shirt sizes…Hats are one size fits all. So I’m putting together the newest ODF Membership package once we overhaul the ODF photo galleries to include a ODF HAT.

tomblake
        Participant

Modified the exhaust system for one of three options, quite mufflers, glass pack’s or straight pipes. Since the exhaust system is all 4″ pipes to the back of the car with the last section being the muffler it is easily converted. The change can be done from one to the other in a few minutes with only one bolt per side.
            We had to install the side windows for the car show tonight, it is cold down here also. 😆

Attachments:

tomblake
            Participant

Haven’t posted much lately but we are still working to get the car prepped for painting.

Attachments:

patina
                Participant

Tom is your garage heated? I hear it’s going to be 60 🙄 🙄 🙄 tonight there 😆 😆 Currently 2 in Red Hook.
                    But we got no snow.

Pat

frank-j-majauskas
                    Participant

Tom, it’s looking good ❗ A few degrees below 0 this morning in Thomaston, CT.
                        Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ❗ 😆 Only a few inches of snow though….

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                        Participant

Frank….Know what you mean about the weather, only going to be in the high 50’s here today. Had to turn on the heater this morning 😆 😆
                            The devil made me say that but believe me I do remember the cold winters in Connecticut. This time of the year we would be in my friends cellar building a 283 for spring time at Dover.

babycakes
                            Participant

Tom, just curious. Do you spray the ’55’ with enamel base coat,and then a couple coats of clear coat? Is it done at home, or a body shop ‘spray’ booth near by? Yeah, like Frank sez,we’ve been in the freezer here up ‘north’. Eight to fifteen below at nights ( average), and 3 to 8 (balmy) degrees during the day! Enjoy that brutal 50-55 degrees down in your neck of the woods! lol 😆 Pete.

john-sachs-sr
                                Participant

Woke up to 47 degrees this morning. This Florida winter weather stinks. 😆 😛
                                    John

tomblake
                                    Participant

Pete….the first paint was a rush job to make the Dover race. We were trying to make the car look like the original and only had seven months to build and paint the car (see the attached picture from January 21st and we made it to the race in August). We did the paint with spray cans and did it outside.
                                        This time we are trying to do the paint the right way. Got with a guy that has been doing show cars for years and he is helping me do it the right way. The thinking now is it will be done with Dupont base coat clear coat and done at home inside. All that depends on how good the bodywork turns out. Blending fiberglass parts with the new sheet metal parts is working but not like an all metal car.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                        Participant

John….I agree this Florida weather isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. We may have to move further south. 😆

babycakes
                                            Participant

WOW Tom! I can’t believe you did that 1st. paint job with spray cans! After seeing it at the Valley last year, you did one heck of a good job!!! Spaying it now in your garage at home,I’m sure your gonna have a decent size window fan handy,and good neighbors accepting the fumes and smell of fresh paint being applied to your ’55’ 😆 Thanks and keep us posted Tom…Pete.

babycakes
                                                Participant

Hey John Sachs….did you check out the 671 blower,and Hilborn 2 port injector and scoop Pat D. has for sale? Isn’t that the same setup you had on your BB/GS Anglia? WOW! It certainly is a ‘rare’ and priceless piece! Especially the Hilborn original scoop! Try to find one nowadays,complete like Pats!

john-sachs-sr
                                                    Participant

Tom,
                                                        You can’t get too much further down than me, unless you want to be in Key West 🙄 . It reached 67 this afternoon, so I decided to mow the lawn. Perfect temp. for that.

Cakes,
                                                        I used a Hilborn 4 port with a fiberglass scoop, that mimicked the Hilborn scoop, as did most of the AA/GS cars did back then. My Anglia was an AA/GS car. 😀

John

babycakes
                                                        Participant

OOO0000PS! Sorry John! Shame on me! I didn’t mean to degrade your AA/GS Anglia ( saying it was a ‘BB/GASSER). A ‘senior’ moment I guess? Does the ‘new’ owner have a 2 port Hilborn on it maybe? I remember it running at the ‘Valley’ a couple of years ago, and understand it’s for sale nowadays?

dino
                                                            Keymaster
                                                                quote TomBlake:

Pete….the first paint was a rush job to make the Dover race. We were trying to make the car look like the original and only had seven months to build and paint the car (see the attached picture from January 21st and we made it to the race in August). We did the paint with spray cans and did it outside.
                                                                This time we are trying to do the paint the right way. Got with a guy that has been doing show cars for years and he is helping me do it the right way. The thinking now is it will be done with Dupont base coat clear coat and done at home inside. All that depends on how good the bodywork turns out. Blending fiberglass parts with the new sheet metal parts is working but not like an all metal car.

If Ya Go Base-Coat/Clearcoat….Hit It with Some House Of Kolor Pearl ORANGE on top of the base Orange!…You’ll need Sunglasses to look at it ….Part # HOK PBC- 32 “tangelo “.

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.