55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    frank-j-majauskas
    Participant

Tom, It looks amazing ❗ 😮 Definitely going to need sun glasses when looking at
        that orange beauty ❗ 😆 😎 You got to be feeling better now? Can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel… 😛

Frank… 😎 😎

patina
        Participant

Looking good Tom 😎 a lot better than mine 🙁

Pat

tomblake
            Participant

Just got back from an upholstery shop. Trying to get a new headliner in the 55 before installing the windows. Still working up to the last minute, we must like pressure. Upholstery and carpet will be next years project. They said the interior would take about a two weeks. Just not enough time to do everything. Thought a year from the last race would be enough time but here we are working up to the last minute again. This will be three years in a row without time to test the car before the race. Giving my son too much advantage for our race against each other.
                Pat…it is hard to beat your classic MG. I think that is one of the best cars from the Dover days.
                Frank…Hope that light at the end of the tunnel isn’t a train.

Problem with getting the headliner done is the need for the rear window molding. Think that is a single piece of trim from the left to the right side. We are looking for that piece now.

patina
                Participant

Tom I’m talking about this 🙄 🙄 🙄

Pat

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                    Participant

Pat that looks almost ready for the Dover weekend at The Valley next month ❗ 😆 😆
                        Tom, I sure the train is going the other way… : I’m afraid to ask about the bumper color.lol:
                        Oh,but I just did.. 😮 😆

Frank 😎

tomblake
                        Participant

The bumpers are to sprayed with a chrome looking paint to look like the picture below.
                            (I remember Joe’s thread about bumpers)

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                            Participant

Either way “Sweet” ❗ I just had to ask before someone else did.. 😆

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                Participant

Just got back from the body shop. They just finished the 3rd coat of orange.
                                    Starting to look good to me. All winkles are gone.

Attachments:

mleroux
                                    Participant

Hi Tom , 55 is looking good , quarters look nice and straight , I like the stock wheel wells , I know you will be happy with it when it is done , 😀 ,,, mike L. ,,,

mikey

Car looks real good, Tom. Bodywork came out great, and the paint looks sweet so far. :mrgreen:

babycakes
                                            Participant

Tom…..NICE!!!!

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY

Hang those doors and test that paint out on the 1/4 mile!
                                                    Lookin good!
                                                    ‘V’

tomblake
                                                    Participant

V….Because of time, looks like the testing will be at Lebanon Valley on the Dover race weekend. The last three years have been the same, work all year and don’t have time to test the car before the Valley.

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY

Friday the day before the DDSRace will be drifting in the parking lot!
                                                            I dont think the 1/4 mile will be open for drag racing so no test and tune before Saturday!

‘V’

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Some of the buffing and polishing are in the process.
                                                                It looks so shiny, can’t wait to get it back. Maybe Wednesday.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.