55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    frank-j-majauskas
    Participant

Alright Tom ❗ Car is looking good’ Hey, you took it for a shake down run,
        and hopefully nothing fell off, you’re well on your way. 😆 I did an oil change
        on mine this week and fired it up. The first time since last fall. Sure does get you pumped-up ❗ 😆

Frank…

babycakes
        Participant

Frank…THAT”S THE “SPIRIT”!!!! Take your ‘pride’, for a ride! Have no fear, the weather is finally here!!! 😉 😀 Pete.

tomblake
            Participant

Frank…nothing fell off but one of the axle bearing had a leak. Had to pull the wheel off and you know what that means, disconnect the shocks and drop the rear end. All went well, new “O” ring and a little silicone and the 55 is back on the ground and ready roll again. Will be taking another test run tomorrow.

tomblake
                Participant

Another test ride, all the leaks repaired. The water leak was a thermostat housing not being flat and the axle bearing needed a new “O” ring with a little silicone. While the car was out of the shop we took a few more pictures.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                    Participant

Love that stance ❗ 😆

Frank…

tomblake
                        Participant

Should be the last pictures in gray primer. Drove to the local car show last night and the pictures today should be last drive in gray. Pulling he windshield today and starting the finishing work, wet sanding, prime, wet sand and primer over and over till everything is smooth with the highs and lows gone. Still weeks away from finished color.

Attachments:

mikey

Tom, you and Mary have done an outstanding job on the car. It should really be a beauty when it’s finished. Congrats to both of you.
                                ……………..Mikey

babycakes
                                Participant

Tom,I join Mikey with due respect to all the ‘hard’ labor you’ve put into your ‘beautiful’ 55; can’t wait to see it painted, CONGRATULATIONS! 😉 . Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
                                    Participant

Tom, count me in also on what Pete and Mikey said ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                        Participant

Well, back again. No postings in a while. Could not find an end to the bodywork so I called a body shop to get an estimate for finish and paint. Got the estimate and took the 55 to the body shop June 2. The estimated time to finish was one month, if no insurance jobs came in to delay that time frame. By the end of the second week no work was started, started to get nervous but right after that the work started. The next 3 to 4 days seemed like a lot was done.
                                            We went to the body shop today, June 25, to see how much was done, it is looking pretty good. Not many people know what kind of detail it takes to get a car ready for paint and I never claimed to be a body person. The roof, doors and front clip almost ready for the paint booth. They are hoping to have the car and the parts ready to start the paint process by the end of this week or starting early next week. Primer, color and than 2 coats of clear with block sanding in between.
                                            If everything goes to plan I could get the car back within two weeks.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

Tom, The car is looking great ❗ The paint job only comes out as good as the preparation.
                                                I know time wait is killing you, but I think you made the right choice. You’ve done so much
                                                with hanging new metal etc ❗ When the body shop puts a few guys on your car, you’d be
                                                surprise how much gets done…..Keep us posted………

Frank… 😎

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY
                                                    Tom, say good bye to the grey car!
                                                    I know how you love 55’s how ya like this ole 55 ?
                                                    ‘V’

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Frank….the few guys is one, he will prep and paint. He is doing a very good job from what I can tell.
                                                        VBOB….That 55 looks great but way above my pay grade.

tomblake
                                                        Participant

Some of the parts are in the paint and clear process. Was told, might possibility be done next week.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                            Participant

WOW!!!! So far Tom, LOOKING GOOD! 😮 😉 .Pete.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.