55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    mleroux
    Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hi Tom , good news , you getting it sorted out , it won’t be good news for the other competitors at the next Dover race , good luck at the track and let us know how the car ran ,,, mike ,,, 🙄 🙄 hi frank ,,,

patina
        Participant

Tom have you run it yet?

Pat

tomblake
            Participant

Pat….The car is ready and it feels good on the street. Best it has rode since I got the car, radial tires made all the difference. The nostalgia race we are going to is Nov 7th at Bradenton. Answer to the question no not yet.

kman
                Participant

Tom… hope to see you at Bradenton … dec. / march …

frank-j-majauskas
                    Participant

Tom, Good luck at Bradenton tomorrow ❗ Have fun and keep us posted ❗ 😀

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                        Participant

My son arrived today and will be going with us to Bradenton. He rented a new Mustang to race tomorrow. The 55 is packed and loaded to have fun tomorrow.

tomblake
                            Participant

Made 7 passes down the dragstrip. The small 29″ MT radials are great on the street but are not good at the track, spun the tires way too much. Changed tires to the Hoosier 33″ x 22.5″ after the 1st pass. The shake is gone with both sets of tires and the 55 runs good on the 1/4 mile again. Made 4 rounds but got a little ahead on the last reaction time -.002. Like my son said “red is red”. All in all we had a great day at the track. Now we will set the 55 up for cruising. Out with the 4.57 spool and in with the 2.75 open center section and we will put the MT radials back on.
                                Next change we are looking at is to go to a 4L80 transmission, overdrive and lockup converter. Should be strong enough for the street and the track.

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

AWESOME Tom ❗ Glad to hear that the violent shake is gone. It’s very hard to have the best of both worlds, a race car and a street car unless you do it for fun ❗ And it sounds like you’re
                                    having fun ❗ Example; when I was water skiing, I had a GT 160 with a 150 Merc because I liked
                                    to go fast, but it wasn’t the greatest ski boat compared to a Correct Craft which wasn’t as fast, but an excellent ski boat, 😮 So you make a choice. I stayed with speed. 😆 😆 Boy, it sounds like you
                                    were doing good with the tree ❓ Hey how did your son do with the rental car ❓ Did he race it ❓ 😆
                                    Sounds like a great weekend ❗

Frank… 😎

maso
                                    Participant

Bradenton… is a very historic dragstrip.

I saw a lot of good events there.

kman
                                        Participant

Hope to be there … jan. – march … gonna’ see how the southern boys run and work on my tan … 😀 …

tomblake
                                            Participant

Frank….Ronny did race his rental. He requested a 5.0 Mustang but it turned out to be a 6 cylinder. It was a pretty neat looking red convertible, ran in the 15’s. His first round was a dead on the dial-in with a very good reaction time and he won but missed on the second run. Father like son with the red lights.
                                                Maso….Bradenton was Mary and I’s home track for years. The track surface was just re-done and it was very smooth.
                                                Interesting note, the 1st time Ronny and I ever raced each other was at Bradenton. That was the 1st time he had ever ran on a dragstrip and it was in a rented Camaro. He came back 6 years later with his motorcycle and in the 1st round clinched the World Championship with Pro Star.

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

Hey Tom, Great family history and stories. I love hearing them. Ronnie did good with
                                                    that Mustang 6 cyl. I understand some of those Mustang 6 cylinder cars are really quick ❓ 😆
                                                    Thanks for sharing….

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                                    Participant

We got a couple of pictures given to us from the nostalgia race in Bradenton. This was after the competition was over and all the cars had won at least one round, see all the smiling faces. The 55, Bobby’s Chevelle (he’s the welder) and Ronny’s temporary Mustang in the background.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                        Participant

Hey Tom, with all those great smiles, it looks like you guys won the whole “shebang” ❗ 😆
                                                            Great pictures ❗ Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family…

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Same back to you Frank and all the ODF’s have a great Thanksgiving.

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.