55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    frank-j-majauskas
    Participant

Hey Tom, it looks like you have a lot fun ahead of you. If you’re throwing any of your
        old motors away when you go to your LS6, I’ll send you my address. 😆 😆 Hey Pat,
        I think that I’ll stick with beer for my intoxication ❗ 😆 Pat, are you doing that 327 ci
        motor for Baby Torque ❓ Have you hit the slopes yet ❓ 😛 I just got my emissions test
        notice. Looks like they’ll mike me for that $20 right to the end. My truck is 23 yrs. old. Got
        to love CT. ❗ 😆 😆

Frank… 😎

patina
        Participant

No motor yet, only a half day skiing. May use a throttle stop funds are low but it’s only January and I just had a clutch put in my Alero, a trans in my suburban and the brakes went out on my plow jeep. I’m trying to work on my 57 also. The GG are in Rhinebeck June 10-12. Oh and there is no heat in my shop.

Pat

tomblake
            Participant

Pat…..Know what you mean about turbos. Superchargers can do close to the same thing with the new technology. Our supercharged Mustang makes 1300 HP but does not get the 20 MPG but we have got 10 MPG. The mileage depends a lot on how hard you push on the throttle, we have got a lot less mileage by pressing a just little harder.

maso
                Participant

🙁

super-sport-pete

Tom, Welcome to the world of electronics. Who makes the controller? it sounds like it is a “user friendly” one. Can you make it “full manual” ? What gear does it “default” in? and last but not least, DID you Hammer it yet??? have fun Pete.

super-sport-pete

Maso, hi there. I heard about these things back in the late 70’s . European design, don’t remember if ever went into production cars. You have to deal with exhaust heat, oil to other components in head. Hopefully new tech will improve system. Pete.

tomblake
                            Participant

Pete…It’s been a while. The controller is made by US Shift. User friendly? it must be some what friendly since I can make changes to the programs but it should be more friendly. There is a setting in the box to make it full manual. This transmission has a transbrake built into it and it works in D (Drive). By the transbrake working in drive and being able to set the shift points there is no need to use it in the manual mod. The shifter controls the default position (if that is what you were asking). And no I haven’t hammered it yet. Broke a rocker arm stud yesterday on a test ride and have ordered new ARP studs.

tomblake
                                Participant

The 55 is now an interstate cruiser. Went to the Old Town car show Saturday, about 100 mile round trip. Cruising at 72 MPH the tack just reaches 2000 RPM. Before we would cruise the interstate about 50 to 60 MPH. But now it is pretty ease to slip on up to 80 MPH without the engine screaming.

frank-j-majauskas
                                    Participant

That’s AWESOME Tom ❗ Mission accomplished ❗ 😀 Nice numbers with thr tack
                                        and speedo, 😆 So the rocker arm stud repair was no problem ❓

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                        Participant

Frank…..All new longer ARP studs installed with no problems.

tomblake
                                            Participant

The 55 is about ready for Gainesville. We put the graphics back on the car to look like it did back in the Dover days. We were selected to be a participant in the Hot Rod Junction. We will have the 55 on display all week and be in the parade on Sunday. For the first time in 18 years we will be going back to the Gatornationals. Another reminder how fast time is going by, Mary and I raced SG and SC back in 1998 and it seems like yesterday.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS ❗ That is so COOL ❗ The car looks great. Have an AWESOME time
                                                    and take pictures. 😛

Frank… 😎

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Tom, CONGRAT’S to you and Mary! Have a ‘GREAT’ time also!!! Pete.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Look for Dover shirts…just sent some out to Florida Guys ‘just for Gainesville” …Take Photos Mary -parade !!!

tomblake
                                                            Participant

We made it to the Gators Tuesday. Got setup in the Corral Wednesday and the show started today but the rains came and stopped everything and it is after 5:00 and still raining, so maybe tomorrow.
                                                                Haven’t seen any Dover T shirts yet.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.