55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Friday started out very foggy with a good chance of rain but we got lucky, no rain all day. Qualification started late but continued till way after dark.
        Still no Dover shirts, yet. Did meet a guy with a 58 Vet that is now coming to the Sept race now that he knows about it.

Attachments:

patina
        Participant

Blake you’re the Florida area recruiter! Car looks good with the graphics on it. Gotta go now, heading off to Big Al’s, I made my special rice pudding that I’m bringing. I was hoping Krista Baldwin would be at the “Gator’s” but I see she’s not. I’m a fan of her and Leah Pritchitt’s

Pat

dino
            Keymaster

Tom…When you show it…Do you have a display with old Shots of the original?

tomblake
                Participant

Dino…..Usually have 4 pictures on the dash of the 55.
                    1 – Original from 60’s
                    2 – The media blasted start up of the project
                    3- The 6 month completed car, ready to go to Lebanon Valley
                    4 – And one at the starting line with the wheels up at Valley.

No Dover shirts but have met another guy that will be going to our next race at the Valley.

tomblake
                    Participant

Took several pictures Saturday, rained and had a very windy start of the day but turned out pretty good by afternoon.

Frank….recognize the ODF hat?

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                        Participant

Hey Tom, Yes the ODF hat looks good ❗ I’m glad to hear that you’re making the most of the
                            weekend. Did they have the parade or did they cancel it because of the weather. One thing about
                            Florida, always a chance of a shower. Hope you had a good time there always ❓ 😛

Frank… 😎

seabake
                            Participant

“ODD JOB” 2:23

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

SEABAKE, thanks for the YouTube video of Odd Job at The Gators!
                                    ‘V’

Attachments:

seabake
                                    Participant

37spiker is a good amateur YOU TUBE channel to subscribe to. He travels mostly Eastern US and videos many cruise nights, car shows, drag races and other auto related events. Most videos are posted the same day or the day after and are of good, easy to watch quality. I check his site daily. Glad to share…………….. He has a pretty nice ride too and drives it everywhere.

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

Hey Tom, Is that an EZ Pass transmitter on your windshield behind the rear view mirror ❓ 😮 COOL ❗

Frank…

tomblake
                                            Participant

Frank……You must be looking pretty close to see the SunPass on the windshield. I had a woman ask the same question during the Gatornationals, I didn’t know what she meant at first because they are called SunPass in Florida. But yes that’s what is on the windshield. Doesn’t every air conditioned race car have one of those 😆

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

Hey Tom, If every race car with air doesn’t have one, THEY SHOULD ❗ 😆 Tom, after
                                                    going to Etown for 37 years, last year I finally got EZ Pass and boy do I kick myself in the ass
                                                    for not getting it sooner. 😆

Frank… 😎

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Frank, E-ZPass has been a blessing for me! In the 80’s I did a lot of traveling,when I bought my first travel trailer,and got into camping. It felt great, not having to wait in toll lines,digging up money for tolls,while holding on to the toll tickets.Also a breeze,going across bridges that had E-Zpass! 😉 🙂 Pete.

tomblake
                                                        Participant

A couple of weeks ago we had a problem with the new 4L80E transmission. Called Jake’s in TX where it was built. About 2 minutes later I got a call. “What is your address”. Gave them the home address and they said “We will be there in about 2 hours” Two people from Jake’s Performance show up. Looked over the trans to see there was no installation damage. After some nice conversation they thought it was an internal pump problem. They put the trans and the converter in their trunk and drove it back to TX.
                                                            They found a valve body problem, repaired it, dyno tested it again and shipped it back. Got it Tuesday, installed it and had it running on Wednesday. Runs great.
                                                            We made 2 car shows over the weekend and the trans preformed just like it should.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Tom,that’s damned “GOOD” service,backing up there trans. product!!! No doubt,your a ‘happy camper’ with a no hassle repair! 😉 🙂 Pete.

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.